Things to do in and around Hanioti/Pefkohori/Polychrono

Things to do in and around Hanioti/Pefkohori/Polychrono

Posted by Jason 
janet wallace
Re: Things to do in and around Hanioti/Pefkohori/Polychrono
June 16, 2009 10:03PM
Hi everyone

All I want to say is I cant wait for the peace and quiet, im so looking forward to a nice relaxed well deserved holiday.

Im sorry tom and jane that you didnt enjoy it.

Janet x x
June 17, 2009 04:58AM
I wonder how much cheaper the corned beef is in Majorca, oh that Euro !
janet wallace
June 17, 2009 08:05AM
Hi Alanapp

I think Im gonna go prepared and pack some already in my case lol

Janet x
June 17, 2009 10:00AM
And a tin of spam just in case.
janet wallace
June 17, 2009 10:09AM
Its already packed lol.

I wamt to be prepared as I can and make savings wherever I can so that I will have more money to spend on beer lol.
judith
June 17, 2009 02:46PM
cant wait to arrive on sunday afternoon.first time 2 halkidiki,been 2 many other islands.(thasos being our fav) Cant say ill be looking for cornbeef just good old greek food. staying at the nemos studios.heard they do a fab cocktail. roll on sunday......!
Alex L
June 17, 2009 08:32PM
Might sound a bit odd, but how do you say 'polichrono'??

winking smiley
June 17, 2009 10:01PM
Try poly (as in parrot) crow, ,no, in my best black country accent. Bye the way Wolves are now Premier League.
petros
June 18, 2009 12:20AM
try poli- as in police and then chrono- as in chronology.

The tone is on i in the word polichrono, not in the o's,

But generally-speaking Greeks are not very fussy about pronounciations. they ll understand you however you try and pronouce the word
Loll
June 18, 2009 06:30AM
Hi
Off to Polychrono mid July with my 15 yr old daughter...can anyone let me know airport trnsfer time by coach to resort...hate the thought of being on a bus for hours!Also is car hire reasonabbly priced....or is public transport easier?
Thanks Loll
June 19, 2009 10:57AM
Sakis at Kriopigi cars has great reasonably priced cars and he will meet you at the airport with one, or bring you back to Kriopigi (a few miles before you get to Pefkochori).

The drive is easy, just beware Greek drivers who under and over take ! The drive takes about one hour. The coach I have heard takes about 2-21/2 depending where it stops.

There are also taxis, I think about 80 euros one way.

A car would be good because the cost is not bad and you can then see all over Kassandra rather than just the area you stay in, it is very diverse on Kassandra and there are some really nice old Greek villages and some non tourist villages as well as the more touristy ones.

Have a great time.

Jane
mel
June 21, 2009 01:19PM
hi.im stopping in polychrono with my partner next week...although we are looking forward to a relaxing holiday we wouldnt mind going to find some night life a couple of times...where do i get a taxi to? x
loll
June 27, 2009 09:53PM
Thanks Jane,hopefully we will get a car to hire and travel around a little.We have a coach transfer from the airport....hopefully it wont be too long!Looking forward to our holiday!So many good reports about the resort
Kind regards Loll
pam hartley
July 02, 2009 12:48PM
we are going to the diana appartments in pefkohori on 20 th july can any one please give us some tips also can you get to athens from there thanks pam
July 02, 2009 03:23PM
hi,i live in pefkohori so any questions u need answering and i can answer pls ask.the diana hotel is clean and friendly.situated in the center of the town but not noisey at all.obviously i havent stayed there but all the guests often go back year after year.also this year i have heard that he has installed a new system so that u can now flush ur toilet paper down the toilet(haha a big privilage here).im sure you'll have a good time..
July 02, 2009 11:31PM
We have know Billy the owner for many years. Although we have not stayed there, as we rent long term for six months or so, we did look round his newly furbished rooms last year and they were fine. He is very friendly and we often go there for a drink and to see his mum and dad. The beach is a couple of mins walk and the hotel is on a quiet street away from the main road. I think you will be very happy.
July 06, 2009 11:46AM
Hi everyone, Going to the Hanioti Village Hotel on the 18th July flying from Manchester at 7.00 am. Does anyone know how long the coach transfer is from Thessonoliki Airport to Hanioti. I'd love to hear reviews about this hotel. Only ever been to Greek islands never been to Greek mainland before. Any good resteraunts etc. going with hubby for 2 weeks.
Take care xxxxx
fay
July 06, 2009 03:21PM
Hi all,

I am going to Pefkohori on the 20th Aug for 2 weeks staying at the Alia Palace hotel. Can anyone reccomend any nice places to eat or drink, or any trips/places that we should visit whilst we are there? Does anyone know how long the transfer from the airport to Pefkohori is?

Thanks, Fay
July 06, 2009 06:19PM
Hello I'm new to this forum, I just wanted to know if anyones stayed at Hanioti Village Hotel? and how long the coach transfer is from Thessonoliki Airport going on the 18th July, 2009 with hubby David, I'd appreciate any recommendations on the best places to go cheers thanx Linda
johnk
July 06, 2009 06:43PM
Transfer time from airport approx 1.5 hours depending on traffic and number of stops the square is allways liveley plenty of eating and drinking.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login