September weather for trip to Vourvourou

Posted by Kiki 
April 24, 2009 02:54PM
Hello everyone,

We are planning a holiday to Vourvourou, and I was wondering if you can give me some info regarding the weather.
We are a family with 2 small children (4.5 and 1.5) and we have 2 options:
- around August 20th to September 5th
- after 12th of September

I wanted to ask you - is it too hot in August to be there with 2 children? Or after 12th of September - will we be able to swim, how is the water, is September a rainy season there?

Thank you so much, any advice will be of great help!

P.S. Off-topic - do you have any feedback on Anna Karra Studios?

Best,
Kiki
Re: September weather for trip to Vourvourou
April 25, 2009 04:24PM
August can be very hot indeed, although there is the meltimi cooling breeze but that doesnt always keep you cool!

September is a good time and for many many years we have had good Septembers. Last year was an exception, we had a good first two weeks, then the final two weeks of September were quite cold 13degC, and rainy. It brightened up again in early October through November!

So really you can never tell, as with anywhere nowadays. After August 20th (remember it is very busy everywhere til around 23rd holiday) would perhaps be the better bet, not so hot as early August but still lovely and warm.

We swam (at Vourvourous actually !) in 2007 during our final month there around mid October and the sea was slightly chilly but warmer than in May.

Water can be drunk, but we always drink bottled as we don't like the taste of the tap water, it is very hard.

Sorry know nothing about any accommodation in VV as we usually stay over on Kassandra peninsula and just visit Sithonia now and then.

Hope that helps a bit.
April 27, 2009 08:03AM
hi Kiki,

I have two small daughters (4 and 2 ) and we are staying at Vourvourou every summer from early June till first week of September( we own a house there).
September is not a predictable month (can be very hot but cloudy and rainy also).
On the other hand your first option maybe is a better choise because it's not that hot, water is warm enough and clean for small children and the beach is not that busy. For us, late August till 10th of September is one of the best period at Vourvourou ( the other one is June1st to July 15th)

Hope this helps
enjoy your holidays,

Annak
April 27, 2009 08:56AM
Thank you so much for your replies,

It seems that we will choose the first option, now hope we will solve the accommodation also.

annak, maybe you can help me with some suggestions? I have a list of villas that we like, but don't know exactly what to choose, considering we have 2 small children...
Thanks!

Regards,
Kiki

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/04/2009 08:59AM by Kiki.
April 28, 2009 08:32AM
dear Kiki,

Try this address too :
[halkidiki.com] (you can find more info about playground, large garden and distance from the beach. )

you can sent me a private message with your list and i'll try to give you as much information as i can.

i would be glad to help you

annak
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login