info on hanioti

info on hanioti
April 15, 2009 07:17PM
hi can anyone tell me about bars,resteraunts or any other info we are coming on 11th may 2 weeks staying at vicky appts which we know are good thanks karen
Re: info on hanioti
April 16, 2009 09:37AM
Hi,

You are based about a five min stroll to the main square where there are lots of bars and restaurants to choose from.

Some good restaurants that I liked are Tropicana, the Italian on the corner can't remember the name), Romantica and the Hot Goblin (which is great if you just want something light such as a Jacket spud!).

Bars around the square are Afros, Kelfos, Sunshine Bar, Long Island and several others. All are very good. A short walk along from the square (or one to visit on your way down to the square) is Nicks Bar - very well priced and Nick is a lovely man, and Taffy who works there is really funny and will keep you entertained.

There is a bar down at the beach which is a short walk down from the square called Bahalo and they have lights shining over the water, a nice place to sit and enjoy a cocktail or two!

Hope this helps
April 16, 2009 09:59AM
thanks figaro it sounds great can't wait for hols thanks again karen
April 18, 2009 01:40PM
there are so many and i can never remember their names but a couple i do remember are

Horseshoe bar[Nick's bar] very friendly,about 50 yds away a great restaurant called the Erodios very good..

a minute or so away is the disco bar Waikiki's plenty action their...a minute or so from their the Amethystos

restaurant fantastic place great meals especially the breakfasts...a few minutes walk from their towards

the square a nice Greek trad restaurant can't think of the names[always adv pukka pies !!!]

in the town there are a few good restaurants incl Chinese and a Indian so every taste covered

also a couple of good takeaways like the Hot Goblin

there must be 20+bars and 20+restaurants in Hanioti and this list above are only a very small

idea of the wide/varied choices available
April 19, 2009 07:44PM
thanks brian the gent,
every thing anyone writes seems good can't wait to get there strool on 11th may !!!!!!!!!!!
April 19, 2009 08:36PM
Do not go to the Chinese been to it only once that was 1 to many. If you do feel you need an Indian the one at the top of the village just off the square is by far the best. The rest of the restaurants are all very good 1st lesson when eating when on holiday eat in the estaurants that are busy and the locals use. The one Brian could not remember is Zorbas very good food and yes Iam sad I do have a puka pie there.
Amethystos has now changed hands and is no were as good as it was. But the rest are all very good, getting hungry now I am just off for a Gyros (I wish).
April 22, 2009 05:05PM
thanks alanapp for advice regards karen
April 26, 2009 05:29PM
Thalassa is another nice resturant for you to try. It is down near the church near the seafront. A nice meal is always served there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login