Hanioti & Hilltop Hotel

Hanioti & Hilltop Hotel

Posted by Miss Sunshine 
Hanioti & Hilltop Hotel
February 15, 2009 10:35PM
Hello,

Does nightlife and eating centre around the main square in Hanioti or are there restaurants and bars by the beach/looking onto the sea?

Also, if anyone has stayed at the Hilltop Hotel - do they have a fridge in the room if you stay on bed & breakfast basis?

Thanks!!
Re: Hanioti & Hilltop Hotel
February 16, 2009 01:30PM
Most restaurants are around the square and the surrounding streets, but there is a beach bar called bahalos on the beach. It gets quite busy.
February 16, 2009 03:16PM
Thanks Figaro!

Are there plenty of places to eat close to the beach like for lunch time? How far away from the beach is the main square? Also, is the beach at Hanioti sand or shingle?

Thanks!
February 17, 2009 09:14AM
Sunshine,

The beach is literally two mins walk from the square so no prb finding something to eat! There are also a few supermarkets close by where you could buy things to take down with you. A few of the beach bars will serve food as well. They also let you use their sun beds for free if you buy at least one drink in the bar.

The beach is quite stony on the way into the sea, you will need beach shoes if you plan to go in. But you can buy these in the town for only a few euro.

Hanioti is a very chilled out place to holiday, and the square is great for sitting and watching the world go by, through the day and at night.

We walked along to Pefkohori one day along the beach road, you pass some amazing houses and it will only take you about 30 mins to walk (and we walked slowly).

I haven't stayed in the Hilltop though I know where it is. Its up a hill (obviously!) from the village and will take you about a 10 min stroll downhill to the village and a bit longer to walk back up! But a nice walk though! There is a good supermarket on the main road at the bottom of the hill where your hotel is which is very good value.

If you need any more help, just ask!
February 17, 2009 09:44AM
Thanks Figaro! I think we might give it a try then!

The only thing we were a little worried about though is the weather. I know we wouldn't be going until July but I just had a quick look what the temperature is like there now compared with Greek Islands where we usually go on holiday. It's 7 degrees in Halkidiki and 17 degrees in places such as Crete! confused smiley
February 18, 2009 11:25AM
Miss Sunshine, the weather in Halkidiki is usually glorious, and it can be hotter than Crete in the summer ! Last year from April til mid September it was glorious. Sometimes June July and August was too hot! We had quite a lot of wind last year June and July, but that helped keep you cooler. Unfortunately last year was the first time ever in all our years of going that the last two weeks of September were actually cold, 14 deg some days, and rain. However, beginning Oct it brightened up again and was lovely, apparently (we left 4 October) until end November.

It is Northern Greece and as such winters can sometimes be cold compared with the islands, but in the summer it gets very hot indeed.
February 18, 2009 02:13PM
Sunshine,

You won't have any problems with the weather in July/August - if anything it will be too hot.

I usually go in September and its always still really hot through the day, though sometimes I need a pashmina at night when wandering around.

Last year I was there at the end of September/early October and it was mostly hot, only one day of cloud with a couple of showers. And the showers were not even cold.

Don't worry about the weather, it may be more northern than the islands, but there is plenty of sun on the mainland!
Jade
July 18, 2009 04:07PM
Hiyaa everyone spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
can someone tell me please how much the fridge and the air conditioning is at Hilltop hotel, Halkidiki?
Also i was hoping if someone could tell me if there was anything exciting for my children to do ? like water sports, snorklig??

Thanks Jade
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login