for change,greek from halkidiki needs advice to visit UK

Posted by annak 
annak
December 08, 2008 09:48AM
Hi, i'm greek and i plan to visit UK with my husband in 2009 .We love nature,bars and personally i adore shopping.So If anyone can give me ideas about the perfect time and place to visit I would really appreciate it,

Thanks in advance

Anna k
Re: for change,greek from halkidiki needs advice to visit UK
December 09, 2008 03:51PM
The school holidays start about the middle of july and finish start of September so possable late June to mid July may be best time. Every one who comes to England starts with London but there is much more to most countrys than there capital city, and as you like nature and country side you could try our favorite part of England Cornwall. Its in the south west of England the bit that juts out into the Atlantic. There are lots of small villages and fishing ports. Possable the best countryside in England. Not strong on large shopping centers but many small local and specilzed shops. There is large shopping complex in Plymouth ( which is on the bourder in Devon). I am sure many othere people will have advice to offer but just to start this thread off. Hope you enjoy the U K .
December 09, 2008 10:33PM
Hi, try Derbyshire. About 2 hrs from London by train. You have lots of lovely countryside to explore, pubs and hotels in lovely countryside areas and lots of English Stately Homes - Chatsworth House, Kedleston Hall, and more (can't recall all names at the moment !).

Then onto Yorkshire. West Yorkshire Haworth, Bronte Country, with lots of history. North Yorkshire for the moors and beautiful countryside and moors.

Thats my bit ! We love Greece and Halkidiki, but live in Derbyshire the rest of the time. We live in Belper, about ten miles from Derby and ten miles from Matlock.
December 14, 2008 08:28PM
Hi,

Come up to Newcastle, and just about 10 mins from the town is a place called the MetroCentre, which is a shoppers paradise, hundreds of shops! lol

We also have a lot of history sites such as Hadrians Wall, Alnwick Castle and lots others!
annak
December 15, 2008 10:15AM
I 've found information & fhotos on the web about Cornwall & Yorkshire (my cousin who lives in Leeds for the last 10 years has invited us to visit him) and they are really nice places. My best friend used to live in Newcastle for a couple of years (she studied there) and she told me the best.

For now we're CONFUSED!!!
Fortunately, we have plenty of time to decide.

Many,many thanks to the three of you for your time.
I would be happy to help you with any questions you might have about Halkidiki,

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Annak
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login