Beware the "other" forum

Beware the "other" forum

Posted by Jane 
Beware the "other" forum
October 08, 2008 04:11PM
If you want to see an unbiased opinion and to be able to express your own opinion on any aspect of the other site, the services advertised etc., then do not bother to join the other forum.

Because I posted something slightly against one of the services (flight information) my post was removed. I reposted it and then received an email saying that this sort of comment was not helpful. (All I said was that the flight information should not be relied on too heavily as we had arrived late for a flight which had left early). When I dared to question the reason why I could not have an opinion that may be useful to others I was banned from the forum! How democratic is that?

In any case, had I not been banned how would I have been able to trust the posts from other people knowing that any bad ones had probably been removed?

A forum should be a place to express your own views, as you can on this one that has being going for so long. It is easy to see which forum will last the longest.

Congratulations to Nikos for running a truly democratic forum and for not interfering with any information someone wishes to pass on about services, hotels, transport etc.
Re: Beware the "other" forum
October 09, 2008 07:49AM
I agree Jane,

Having originally signed up for that forum when it was set up, it is one that I hardly use at all, and rarely refer to, as I find it is not really kept up to date (but if they are removing posts that may be why!).

This forum is much better, more people use it and I have found it to be really helpful and, for the most part, people are friendly and always wililng to help, as I do if I am able to.

Obviously people do have differing opinions on places but this is also helpful as it gives you a bigger picture about the places you want to go.

Halkidiki.com rocks!
October 09, 2008 12:47PM
Why would you sign up for a forum and then not use it? Most forums are only as good as their posters. If people don't post then the forum becomes quite inactive.
October 10, 2008 05:41PM
I assume you are asking Figaro. However in my case I joined to join in. Unfortunately if you don't agree 100 per cent with the site owner then your posts are removed. So why would I want to use it anymore, apart from being banned in any case?

I agree forums are only as good as their posters, but something has to be good about the way the forum is run or people will join and then be disallusioned and not bother using it.

Obviously this forum has got the mix right, which is why myself and others like you keep posting on it.
October 11, 2008 08:17AM
Jane

I totally agree with you (I am figaro as well, I have two logins!).

I too joined the other forum to join in and at first it seemed as if it would be a good one, but after a while there was nothing new on the site, nothing updated etc and I stopped looking as much on there.

Forums, in my opinion, exist so that people can put their opinions "out there", and whether others agree with them or not people are entitled to their own opinions.

I have found this site to be so helpful and containing lots of tips of places to go, where to eat etc etc. And I am happy to let others know my opinion on places, believing that it may help them decide whether to visit - and I do want everyone to visit Halkidiki as it is such a special place!

I will keep using this forum even through the winter as it is nice to read other peoples comments about everything (even if I don't necessarily agree with some of them!)
October 12, 2008 08:21PM
I have always found this one most helpful. Just re-read your first posting and didn't actually read first time that you were banned! That's quite severe action for just having an opinion eh?
October 22, 2008 02:28PM
Yes Rosemary, it is ! Funny thing is my husband works in IT and IF I wanted to I could easily log in again. But why bother, this forum is much better and I can rely on seeing the truth posted by people without it being censored or removed for whatever reason.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login