Weather!!!

Weather!!!

Posted by holey 
Weather!!!
September 26, 2008 02:45PM
Hi just got back from my first and last trip to Halkidiki. went for 14nights had 3and half days sunshine, rain cloud high winds thunder lightening. Very Very cold. Had to buy a jacket. Every where was closining down.
Very nice in England today! better than what I had in Polychrono.
Re: Weather!!!
September 26, 2008 03:36PM
Ah yes, but if you were here longer like us you would have had super hot dry weather with no rain right from end of May til then ! Whereas in England you would probably have got drowned most of the time. You never can tell..... October may yet be very nice, shame we are leaving early Oct.
September 27, 2008 07:21AM
Jane,

I'm a regular on this site and I have always found your tips great!

I'm arriving on Monday, does the weather look like its improving? it seems to be from what I can tell on various weather sites but I thought that seeing as you are there you would be a good person to ask!

Thanks

Lisa
September 27, 2008 12:04PM
Hi Lisa. Well the weather forecast for Kassandra says it is improving from Monday, but to be honest they seem to change it every few hours ! I must say in the many years we have been in Halkidiki, and talking to some locals in Skioni today, this is the first time that the weather has been continuously cloudy cold and raining. Usually at this time of year you can expect a day or so sometimes where it rains or is slightly cooler.

We have had a great summer here, no rain (apart from the odd overnight shower) since end May til mid Sept. Early September was really nice and we had high hopes as we leave on 4 October.
Hopefully this is just a blip and after just over two weeks it should start to improve.

When the sun comes out although it is only around 22 deg C it is still very warm and nice as it has not been too windy. The sea is quite cold though, I know as I have to at least paddle each day with my dog ! I have given up thoughts of having a swim before we leave, whereas last year we were in the sea 5 Oct for the last time and it was nice.

So all I can say is good luck, and I am crossing my fingers too for a good week.

Jane
September 28, 2008 11:56AM
So sorry you did not have the weather to enjoy the delights of polychrono but you should'nt really let that put you off going back,try going early in the year if poss when the weather is fantastic.What did you think of the aprts and the fantastic people that run it.
September 28, 2008 04:27PM
It would have been brilliant!. Loved the apartments and Sakis his sister and mother and their beautiful baby girl.
We may be going to Thessoniki(Is that how its spelt?) For a wedding next year. But thats the end of Sept.
Hope the people this week has had a few rays of sunshine!
September 28, 2008 04:32PM
Thanks holey,

I'm off there tomorrow, and if the weather forecast is right we will at least get to see some sun!

Its such a beautiful area that I would hate to think that the bad weather had put you off, it certainly doesn't usually rain like it has for you!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login