Weather/ what to pack?! Confused - please help!

Posted by Luce 
September 16, 2008 01:53AM
Hi everyone

My partner and I are going to Halkidiki from September 24 th to October 4th. I think I've just realised with a shock that the weather might be not what we were hoping for - do you think it will be warm enough to sit on the sun loungers in your swimming costume and go in the sea on at least some of the days.

I know it will be varied but is it worth taking summer dress/open toe shoes etc ? And for colder days will we just need long sleeved t shirt and long cotton trousers or will it be more like jeans and jumpers weather.

Sorry to be so clueless - I'm a poor packer at the best of times! Any advice would be so so welcome. I am really looking forward to seeing the area so much, would love to the sea in some sun too!

Thank you from Lucy
Re: Weather/ what to pack?! Confused - please help!
September 16, 2008 06:12AM
Hi Lucy, sent you a private message. Jane
September 16, 2008 11:20AM
hi,

i've been a few times at the end of sep/early oct and you have little worries regarding the temps...

easily in the high 70's to early 80's...beach wear is the answer...it can cool down in the evenings

but remember your in Greece not the UK
September 16, 2008 10:53PM
hi we are coming over hurs, are we gonna catch some sun as sakis weather report looked a bit worrying!
we have a selection of shorts and hoodies but is one jumper apiece enough, ive got a 4 month baby and shes in her snow suit at the moment. please tell me we will be fine in our beach wear!
Tuu
September 17, 2008 07:27AM
Hi

We have been back in Uk 6 days after a wonderful fornight in Pefkohori, weather was fantastic, have friends still there and they emailed last night saying weather still great, they are on beach sunbathing, still in 70s reaching 80s some days, baby may need warmer clothes, but to be honest this time of year things are very cheap as shop owners are winding down the seasons goods, so if you needed an extra top ect clothes are cheap, we needed to buy more shorts and tops as we packed clothes that were too hot..... it was our second time in Halkidiki and looking forward to many more.
Am sure you will have brilliant time and still get a golden glow smiling smiley

Enjoy the magic of Halkadiki,
September 17, 2008 02:02PM
Hi Luce

The forecast for Halkidiki for the next few days (the ones you are interested in are Mon scattered clouds 82 degrees Tue same Weds 83 Thu same Fri cloudy 80

So do not worry about the weather, bring enough sun tan lotion, you can get a sun tan sitting in the shade and if its a bit too cloudy to sit on the beach, why not call in at Nicks Horseshoe bar and have a cocktail or a frappe ???
September 18, 2008 07:36PM
I am here in Hanioti at the moment and have been on the beach all day. Its windy but not cold. You'll need a light wrap for nights if you intend sitting outside bars.
September 19, 2008 06:50PM
Thank you everyone for replies! So far feeling cautiously optimistic! but really looking forward to seeing Halkidiki whatever.
September 19, 2008 07:18PM
Saturday, Sep 20
More Details
Rain
Colder with periods of rain, becoming breezy in the afternoon. Winds from the NE at 22 km/h.
Realfeel®: 11 °C High: 14 °C
Saturday Night, Sep 20
More Details
Rain
Unseasonably cold with rain. Winds from the NNE at 22 km/h.
Realfeel®: -4 °C Low: 2 °C
And don't forget this Saturday Night .
EAT, DRINK AND DANCE LIKE A GREEK, IN 'AKROPOLIS' restaurant at Kriopigi.
With Plate Smashing and Live GREEK Music.
All WELCOME!!
ENJOY. !!
Yiammas with a cold 'Mythos' !

Sunday, Sep 21
More Details
Intermittent Clouds
Warmer with intervals of clouds and sunshine. Winds from the NNE at 4 km/h.
Realfeel®: 21 °C High: 18 °C
Sunday Night, Sep 21
More Details
Showers
Mostly cloudy and cold; periods of rain late. Winds will be calm
Realfeel®: 6 °C Low: 4 °C

ENJOY. !! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Yiammas with a cold 'Mythos' !
Sakis from the:
'AKROPOLIS' Restaurant and
'KRIOPIGI CARS' Rent a car,in Kriopigi.
www.kriopigi.net
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login