Exchange Rates

Exchange Rates

Posted by figaro 
Exchange Rates
August 27, 2008 07:57AM
Can anyone give me their views on whether it is best to get euros before I come to Hanioti this year or whether best to wait until in resort - what are the raets currently being offered in resort - it looks as though I can only get 1.22 or 1.23 over here at best.

I did look into getting a Nationwide card but I dont have enough time now for the paperwork to go through before I come.

Any ideas would be gratefully received!
Re: Exchange Rates
August 27, 2008 09:17AM
We've just come back from Halikidiki and that rate's about what we were getting over there, so I don't really think it makes that difference where you get - the rates dreadful everywhere ;0)
August 30, 2008 02:09PM
Hi..

Go to the post office and get Euros from them in UK the best rate Ive seen this year has been 1.21....some of the hotels who tell you "we have the best rate" give you 87 cents to the pound after the commission....certainly the best rate for the hotel! sadly the economic situation(or Alistair Darling) isn`t helping the pound, Or try Northern Rock, since you and everyone who pays tax in UK is a shareholder, you should get Mates Rates!!!
August 31, 2008 12:19PM
LOL David i may just try that! Somehow I'm not sure it will work though!

Think the best I have been quoted so far is 1.227 online but gota couple weeks yet so maybe it will rise a couple more cents, can live in hope!

thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login