Hanioti Village Hotel

Posted by Rosemary 
Hanioti Village Hotel
August 10, 2008 07:06PM
Anyone been recently, any comments?
Re: Hanioti Village Hotel
August 12, 2008 11:36AM
Hi Rosemary

Going to Hanioti Village Hotel on 24th for the 11th time. We go independently now. So although we haven't been there yet this year, maybe I can answer some of your queries?
August 12, 2008 04:00PM
Oh wow, 11th time, well that says something. I did walk around the grounds 3 years ago when we were staying elsewhere in the resort, but can you give me some info on rooms, entertainment and typical menus please?
August 12, 2008 05:00PM
.Hi Rosemary

The hotel has been upgraded over the last couple of years and the best way to see the rooms is to look on their website - www.haniotivillage.com - the suite shown there is the one we had last year and I believe that Perry (one of the owners) has reserved it for us again this year. It consists of bathroom with jacuzzi bath, sitting room with sofa bed and bedroom with orthopaedic king size bed and includes air con and fridge. The rooms booked on a package holiday are more basic (and what we were happily used to before we started going independently) but there is normally now an option to upgrade. Everything is kept very clean and tidy, rooms and grounds alike. Maid service every day except Sunday.

Entertainment - unless it has changed - Monday is film night (because of departures and new arrivals) Tuesday, Dingo Bingo - Wednesday, quiz night - Thursday, BBQ round the pool followed by karioke. Not sure about Friday - Saturday, normally a band or something musical comes in to entertain and Sunday, just relaxing. They have games and books and a huge range of DVD's (in case of rainy days). They have a terrific sound system and you can watch any important TV sport stuff (if you so desire) My other half sometimes likes to watch "The Morning Line" on channel 4 on a Saturday morning - sad!

Dinner consists of three coourses and has to be chosen by around midday at reception - this is because it is all bought in and cooked fresh for the day. There is normally a veggie choice, a greek choice (eg stifado) and an english choice (roast beef and yorkshires on a Sunday for those who want it). Rula is the cook and the food is very good. The menu rotates every two weeks.

I think that should just about cover it but let me know if not.

Obviously, we love it and are meeting up with repeat guests again in just under two weeks - excited!
August 12, 2008 06:18PM
Many thanks for that shirls&baz. Do you hire a car to get to and from airport then, since you book hotel independently?
August 12, 2008 09:11PM
No, we get one of the boys (Billy or Perry) to organise a cab for us. They use a firm from Thessaloniki - last year 70 euros each way.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login