Polichrono/buying gold/ fairytopia!!

Posted by claire30 
August 10, 2008 04:37PM
Hello....
I left several posts today but thought i'd put them all together ....
I am hoping to buy some new wedding rings (white gold) whilst on hols,i don't want to travel far as i'm surprising my hubby who has broken his! Does anyone know if the jewelers in Polichrono is any good, is there anywhere nearby say in Hanioti and what am i likely to pay? Is it good value for money or not?

Also i have a six year old boy (going on sixteen) and was reading about Fairytopia..can anyone tell me how to get to it and what is there? Is he too old for it?

Many thanks to anyone who can help me asap as i'm going in two weeks and i'm trying to get my funds together for the wedding rings!!!
Re: Polichrono/buying gold/ fairytopia!!
August 14, 2008 10:31PM
Hi
Hope i can help , we have been to polichrono many times and have made some great friends ,,, one of them owns a jewelers shop , we married last nov and got both our wedding rings from them [very good price] a lot less than uk !!!

From 1/2 way along the resort front/ beach go up the main pedestrian way to the first road , supermarket on your right corner, bakery in front of you just on the left , head left for the bakery , then a supermarket next door, a couple of more shops then a jeweler with "omega" on the front , Dimitry will be there in the evening and his wife Lucy [from Holland & blond] in the mornings ,,,, make sure you go early in the hol as it can take up to a week to have them made in your sizes .

Say hi to Lucy from David & Julie
August 15, 2008 07:14AM
Many thanks for your help - Do you know roughly how much they will cost me?
I will definetley be going and i will say hello for you both, thanks again
August 15, 2008 11:04AM
The ones we picked on looks alone , 1/2 white gold ,1/2 gold where 300 euros for the both ,which last year @1.4 euro to the pound was a good deal .

Enjoy your trip , great food , great people ............
August 15, 2008 05:42PM
Sounds good to me!
Thanks for your help and fingers croosed we get there o.k (my hubby is due home about 9 hours before we have to leave for the airport!!) I'm sure we'll have a good time!
September 10, 2008 04:38PM
Many thanks for your recommendation David..we got the rings, which are lovely at a good price too, i said hello for you and they did remember you!
September 18, 2008 10:03PM
claire30 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Many thanks for your recommendation David..we got
> the rings, which are lovely at a good price too, i
> said hello for you and they did remember you!

Hi Claire
Thanks for your reply ,, i was a little worried that you had not got sorted ,,,, big sigh of relief and hope you enjoyed your hols , the reason we got our wedding rings there was we invited some friends from Nemo /polichrono and they could not make it to our wedding .
The rings are our reminder of a special place and people .....
Who did you see ?? Lucy we know very well but here hubby only a couple of times .
David & Julie
September 19, 2008 07:28AM
We ordered them from her hubby, who was lovely...sat our little boy down and got him a drink while he was waiting impatiently for us! then we saw Lucy a couple of times after - she was nice too, she was having a good old moan about foreigners lol!

The rings are lovely, white gold with a diamond cut around th emiddle which makes it look like there are actually stones set in! They engraved them both inside as well for us. A fantastic holiday there again and we made some great friends who we are hoping to meet up with soon and we are talking about all meeting up again there next year!

Claire
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login