royal kostas

royal kostas

Posted by claire30 
royal kostas
August 04, 2008 06:53PM
Hello...
We are booked for Royal Kostas 25th August, we have been told that air con is chargeable but have read elsewhere that it is free, any ideas?
thanks
Re: royal kostas
August 04, 2008 07:01PM
Also we are trying to work out from peoples descriptions exactly where it is...we stayed at villa panorama last time we went, know where the bakery is, the cockney cafe,can anyone describe it in relation to either of those places??
SJS
August 05, 2008 12:14PM
Hi

We are also staying at the Royal Kostas over the same period and would be interested to know the answer to the air conditioning question. Has anyone returned recently that could also advise on what sort of prices things are out there these days, are there lots of mosquitos and what the accomodation is generally like?

Really looking forward to our holiday so any other tips or information would be appreciated.

Thanks
August 05, 2008 02:01PM
Claire30

The Kostas are just off the main road that runs past Polichrono.

If you are coming from Kalithea there's a junction with a set of traffic lights. There's a small turning on the right, I think there a medical place of some sorts by the turning, the apartments are about 50 yards down this road..

If you turn left at the junction the road leads down to the seafront, there's a supermarket on the left about halfway down with the police station opposite.

Hope that gives you some idea where they are. I've stayed there and they are decent apartments.

Regards.

Ian
August 05, 2008 06:49PM
Ah..I know now where you mean, we stayed at the top of the hill (very steep!) behind the medical centre last time...many thanks Ian
August 06, 2008 09:23PM
We have just returned and the air conditioning is free. The apartments are basic but very very clean. One point to note is that the ATM machine in the resort has not worked for English cards all season, so please do not rely on this and the nearest machine is in a taxi ride away to the next resort. All in all it is a lovely lovely place to stay.. enjoy!!
lyns
September 10, 2008 12:55PM
I have stayed at The Royal Kostas a couple of years ago now but it was clean and i had no complaionts, the family who run it are really nice, the aircon was free but they didnt like you leving the card in while you were out so as your room was nice and cool when you got back (understandable i guess) does anyone who has gone more recently know if Christos is still their?
SJS
September 10, 2008 04:17PM
We got back a week ago and didn't meet a Christos. Alex the bar man, Kostas the older man and Maria his daughter were the main people there - except for the chess pieces of course!! What a wonderful holiday though where we met some fabulous people.
September 10, 2008 04:36PM
Same as above...made some great friends....the chess pieces were a lively lot!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login