WEATHER IN HANIOTI IN MIDDLE SEPTEMBER TO END

Posted by Jo Jo 
Jo Jo
July 28, 2008 05:59PM
Hi anyone know what the weather is like here in the middle September, I assume the days are still nice to lay out on sunbeds but what are the evenings like? can you still wear short sleeves and shorts etc. or do you need long sleeves.

Many thanks
Re: WEATHER IN HANIOTI IN MIDDLE SEPTEMBER TO END
July 29, 2008 08:00AM
Hi Jo Jo

Weather mid September last year was lovely through the day, actually got very hot so grab a sunbed next to the pool or by the sea so you can cool off.

Evenings do get a little chilly, although we were still walking around in short sleeves and skirts etc though you may want to take a cardigan with you for around your shoulders depending on how you feel the cold.

You will love it in Hanioti, I did and am back there this year at the end of September!
July 29, 2008 11:09AM
Figaro , she has just been to Hanioti and returned home, Obviously caught the Hanioti Bug like the rest of us!
Im having serious withdrawl symptoms from not going this year.Blub Blub
Jo Jo
July 29, 2008 04:41PM
You are right Bunny I have caught the Hanioti bug, and was just wondering what the weather would be like in September and if I could wing my way out there again! If money was no object I would be back there in August no problem. I will certainly go back again. By the way does anyone know is it still busy in September - I mean are all bars and restaurants still open? when does it start to shut down?

Bunny, you certainly underestimated this place before I went, I now know what you mean when you say you are sooooooooooooo jealous, that is how I am feeling now, which is selfish I know as I have only just came back - but I have been thoroughly spoiled and fell in love with the place. I have told his nibs indoors he has to work harder so we can go back - ha ha ha!!!
July 30, 2008 07:58AM
We all catch the Hanioti bug when we go - how could we not. I am totally in love with the place and the people and could seriously see myself living out there if I could find a way to support myself! ha ha

I can't wait to go back in September and have already booked up fo next year as well!
July 30, 2008 12:05PM
When we first went to Hanioti it was middle of September. It was still hot most days, but there was a couple of cloudy ones in there. The evenings were cool. Would deffo take a few cardies or whatever with you. We loved it so much we are getting married there in a few weeks.
Jo Jo
July 30, 2008 05:51PM
Good luck Scouse hope you have a great wedding.

We are going back in September, have just booked it today, thats how much I liked it. Can any of you people out there tell me if it is still quite busy in the evenings, what I mean is are all restaurants and bars still open? I do not expect it to be as packed as when I went this month (July) but would hope there is still a bit of a buzz around the square at night. Anyone let me know I am going on the 18th September for one week (and yes I will take a like jacket or cardie with me). I am staying at the Niiriedes (think that is how to spell it) this time and am looking forward to it as much as I did the Lesse this month. Please let me know what it is like in September please.

Thanks
July 30, 2008 08:51PM
Jo Jo

It will be a lot quieter obviously but most places will still be open. Especially on the main square.

I don't go until 29 September and know it will be very quiet by then but that suits me fine for this year as I just want to chill out and catch up with friends.
July 31, 2008 08:26AM
Thanks Jojo!
Every bar was still open when we went. It was just a bit more chilled than I imagine it will be in August when I go! It was more than enough for us tho. We dont have any kids yet so we normally go away Sept when theyve gone back to school and resorts are quieter. This year tho all our family are coming to our wedding and my Mums a teacher so had to do August. If we had the choice tho would always go September.
Petemoz
July 31, 2008 03:21PM
Hi everyone!

Will be in Hanioti from 20 September 08 so really interested in your comments about weather, restaurants and bars etc. Have been to Pefkhori before - how does Hanioti compare? What should I look out for?

Pete
Pierre
July 02, 2009 05:48PM
can anybody tell me what the lesse apartments are like ,are they good ,not been to hanioti before heard a lot about the square is it still lively in september,and is the weather still good
July 02, 2009 08:31PM
was out there mid september last year and a couple of days were ok, nights were chilly though, and on the saturday it hit a big 13 degrees and was bloody freezing and rained all day, but like I say we might have been unlucky, the week before we went it was 30 degrees
Jo Jo
July 17, 2009 06:27PM
Lessee apartments are brilliant, could not fault anything about them. Would certainly return to them at some stage, but have already done a week in Cyprus this June gone and am going to Parga - mainland Greece 30th August for a week. But would certainly return to Hanioti and stay at Lessee. Hope this helps
Pierre
September 22, 2009 04:20PM
just returned from hanioti,the weather was not very good two days of rain,and a bit chilly only got two days of sun,the good side was we enjoyed the tavernas and restaurants around the square plus we stayed at the lesse hotel it is brilliant george ,martin,in the bar are really good end entertaining fantastic service they make the night last off in the outside bar will go back but a bit earlier next time to get the weather
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login