Hanioti

Hanioti

Posted by Lisa MacDonald 
Lisa MacDonald
Hanioti
May 24, 2008 01:16PM
Can anyone help?

I had booked with Thomas Cook to go to the Tropical hotel in September way back in October. I have just received a letter frm them saying that the flight from Manchester has been cancelled! apparently all Thomas Cook flights have been cancelled from manchester to halkidiki this year!

I am extremely disappointed that I won't be able to stay with Vicky and Sakis again this year and have been looking elsewhere. I have come across a deal for the Vicky Apartments which are across the road from the Tropical and have been reading several reviews for them, some of which are good and some of which are very bad, mentioning mold etc etc.

Can someone please HONESTLY tell me what these apartments are like. I will just use them as a base as I will spend the majority of my time at the Tropical pool.

PLEASE HELP!

thanks
Re: Hanioti
May 24, 2008 04:37PM
there still doing flts from birmingham in sept,not that far a drive
May 24, 2008 06:28PM
Hi Lisa

I've just booked to go to Hanioti in June with Thomas Cook and I picked up my tickets yesterday so I know I'm definately going. You should try Travel Care, travel agents.
I've heard that the Vicky Apartments are good.

Carole
May 24, 2008 06:30PM
I meant to say that I'm flying from Manchester !
Lisa MacDonald
May 24, 2008 06:33PM
I got a letter today from Thomas Cook saying the flights from Manchester were cancelled. As i was already travelling down from Newcastle to Manchester I don't really want to travel any further and can't afford to either.

Carole, if you could post on here when you return what you thought of the Vicky that would be appreciated, as its the closest to my friends in the Tropical and I can go there every day. Just let me know what the rooms are like at the Vicky thanks, especially as you are going on your own.
May 25, 2008 12:49PM
first choice and thomson still offer manchester flts during sept...
May 25, 2008 05:04PM
Sorry Lisa I'm not going to be staying at the Vicky but I'm sure it's OK. I would definately question your travel agents about the flights from Manchester being cancelled.
Lisa MacDonald
May 26, 2008 12:14AM
Carole,

i have unfortunately and its a definite that all flights have been cancelled from Manchester for Thomas Cook, something about a contract with the airline. i truly hope that this does not affect you! Can you let me know what your apartments were like when you get back, in a pm if you don't want to post on the site itself. I will post straight after this on my log in so you can reply direct.

Thanks for your help, i'm sure that I will get to hanioti somehow, but i don't think at this stage that I will be able to stay with my friends, but anywhere else would just be a base so needs to be decent but not bothered about a pool etc cos i will spend all my time with my friends at the tropical hotel.

I hope you have a fantastic holiday in Hanioti, make sure that you go to the tropicana restaurant where Sakis and Christos will look after you for sure.

Thanks
May 26, 2008 12:31PM
on the thomas cook website today still selling holidays to hanioti from manchester for sept !!!!
strange but true...
May 26, 2008 04:24PM
Yes I know Brian, apparently the information has not filtered down to travel agent level yet. but ppl will find that they are unable to complete a booking if they do try.

I can't say how disappointed in Thomas Cook I am, a huge company like that letting down thousands of holidaymakers this year. I hope they get themselves sorted before next year as I have already booked that holiday as well. Their customer service has been rubbish, I am still waiting for a return call from 12.45 on Saturday to try and sort out the whole mess, and that is after having spent over an hour and a half in queues on the phone to try and get through to no less than 3 different numbers.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has trouble with them.

In the meantime, I am trying to make alternative arrangements to get to Hanioti, which will, unfortunately, mean I can't stay with my friends at the tropical, even though First Choice do have rooms available they are charging over £100 more than Thomas Cook and thats money I can't spend. Its very frustrating.

But I'll get there, somehow! lol
May 27, 2008 10:12AM
Lisa,

The Vicky Apartments are excellent, if your intending to spend alot of time down at the Tropical I don't see you having any problems stopping at the Vicky.

I saw some of the bad comments about the Vicky and I have got to say I was surprised, I have always found them to be well run apartments and are very clean and the owners are very helpful. So get yourself to the Vicky!!!
May 27, 2008 06:53PM
Thanks Coxy

i think you have persuaded me, I am going to give the Vicky a try, its far closer than the other option I was looking at - which was the Angelo.

Thanks for your help
May 28, 2008 07:26PM
Hi Lisa

Ive got to agree with coxy the apartments are great me and my family have been going there for a number of years now and have never had any problems with them, we are also returning in Aug this yr for 2 wks. Im sure u will not be dissapointed with your choice. You will have the best of welcome from the owners.

Have a good trip

Sian
May 29, 2008 12:57PM
Lisa here

Thanks everyone for posting and helping me out. I have one more small query. Can you tell me what the weather is generally like at the end of September first week in October. I know it will be cooler on a night time but will it still be fairly warm through the day?

Also, will restaurants and shops etc still be open in Hanioti or will they all be closing down by then, its not the last week of the season, that is the week after.

Last year I came in the second week of September and it was still hot through the day then.
May 29, 2008 01:19PM
i was in Hanioti 2 years ago at a similar time...generally the weather was very warm with more rain about and we found that almost everyday in oct another bar/restaurant closed for the season however there were still a good selection to choose from and also many of the very well known places kept open Amestytos/nick's bar/stones etc etc
May 31, 2008 08:12AM
Thanks Brian

I am really looking forward to coming back to Halkidiki, I love the area and hey, even if it rains I'm sure we will find something to do!

x
May 31, 2008 12:44PM
Hi Lisa, last year August was red hot and dry, September had flash floods in a few villages, hailstones and lots of wind, although warm. October was lovely and warm, and mostly dry with only a handful of days where it rained for a while.
tinaa
May 31, 2008 09:43PM
hey everyonesmiling smiley
i've heard complaints about vicky hotel cause of the karaoke nights they have (pretty much every night) and how loud they are in late night hours.
I've stayed at the apartments just across vicky (yellow building) that is owned by a woman named Agni and I loved it.They were very clean and quiet and also have air conditioner and good prices.I'll be there this summer too can't wait for it!
her number is 2374061143.
is anyone going there too?
June 02, 2008 08:22AM
Sorry but the Vicky Apartments only have Karaoke nights once a week. The noise levels on a night are no greater than any other Hotels/Apartments in Hanioti.

I have never been in the apartments over the road from the Vicky but I have been told by various people that they are very nice and also good value for money.
June 03, 2008 01:10PM
Hi, The Vicky Apartments are really nice and so are the people that run the place. They do have karaoke but only once a week and this has to be finished by twelve.

We have been for the past four years and are going again on August 25th and we can't wait.

I usually travel with a group of about 14 people and we meet up with people that have been there previously and we have never had cause to complain, like I said earlier, the Vicky Apartments are clean and welcoming.

Have a wonderful time in Hanioti.... I know we will
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login