Sithonia

Sithonia

Posted by Graham Spearman 
Graham Spearman
Sithonia
May 01, 2008 04:33PM
We are holidaying in Halkidiki in September.

I have now discounted Kassandra and am struggling to decide between the following resorts:

Neos Marmaras
Vourvourou
Oiuranoupolis

We are looking for a smallish no too expensive hotel with a pool which is within walking distance of a choice of Tavernas/Restaurants.

Any recommendations.

Thanks.
Re: Sithonia
May 01, 2008 05:21PM
Vourvourou
www.alexandroshotel.gr
www.halkidiki.com/vergos

the above hotels have a pool and are close to tavernas, restaurants, etc

------------
Nikos
Forum Admin
nikos at halkidiki.com
May 24, 2008 01:04PM
Hi !

Ms. Nikos
I visited www.alexandroshotel.gr, seems it is ok, but, please, can you give me some more 'independent' informations about this hotel, specially about location (distance from the sea, from the center of Vourvourou and from the Karidi beach).

Thanks in advance
May 25, 2008 03:39PM
I guess you have been to Vourvourou before. Is there any place (restaurant, house, ..) that you know in Vourvourou? I will be easier for me to give these information if you can name a spot.

------------
Nikos
Forum Admin
nikos at halkidiki.com
May 25, 2008 08:14PM
Two years ago, I was in Sarti and we make one small 'trip' through Vourvourou.
So, I have general picture, but I don't really know any exact place.
But, maybe next links can help for orientation:
[www.halkidiki.com] and
[www.psarogiannis.com]

Also, I can use Google Maps or Google Earth smiling smiley Unfortunately, map of Vourvourou is not very precise.

Thanks again
May 25, 2008 08:43PM
Hi

We stayed in Kassandra and rode our mopeds! yes mopeds!!! to Sithonia from top to bottom, I doubt you will find anywhere in Sithonia to complain about... the whole place is stunning! and vouvourou beach is like a huge lido.....the only thing we didn't like was the intense pain in the butt on the 2 hour journey back, the vibration white fingers from the mopeds!! not to mention fly face and white eyes sunglass syndrome! Enjoy!! you will have a great time!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/05/2008 08:50PM by JaneSeymour.
May 28, 2008 07:18AM
Hotel Alexandros is located very close to the center of Vourvourou. At the left of the hotel, in less than a 100 meters, there are a couple of pizzerias, a souvenir shop and a cafe. At the right of the hotel in a distance of 200 to 300 m there is a super market, four restaurants, a beach cafe-bar, and a pizzeria. The road that leads to Karidi beach is very close to the hotel (just a few meters away), and the distance to Karidi Beach is ~300 m

------------
Nikos
Forum Admin
nikos at halkidiki.com
May 29, 2008 02:53PM
Thank you very, very much for this info !
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login