GREAT NEWS Halkidiki closer to UK with EasyJet from £27.99

Posted by sakis 
December 07, 2007 08:48AM
GREAT NEWS
Halkidiki closer to UK with EasyJet from £27.99

New route from Easy Jet to Thessaloniki!! from just £27.99
EasyJet is to begin a new service from London Gatwick to Thessaloniki - Halkidiki in Greece next year 2008
. The new three times weekly service will commence on 30 January 2008.
Seats are available now for travel until the end of the winter schedule, 28 March 2008. The summer schedule, for travel beyond March, will be available within the next few weeks. Fares are available from just £27.99 one way including tax.
EasyJet hope to carry 41,000 passengers during the first 12 months.
Thessaloniki is the second largest city in Greece, located in the north of the country, it is an ideal gateway for reaching the popular holiday resort of Halkidiki.with its buzzing, friendly family-run restaurants and tavernas.

ROUTE INFORMATION AND START DATE:
Route / Frequency / One way fare (inc all taxes)
London Gatwick to Thessaloniki / Three times weekly service from 30 Jan 2008 / £27.99

And as the year comes to an end and the Christmas bells are ringing, I wish to everyone
in here, Merry Christmas and a healthy and prosperous New Year !!

Sakis Kriopigi
www.kriopigi.net
Re: GREAT NEWS Halkidiki closer to UK with EasyJet from £27.99
December 08, 2007 11:24AM
You know it would be great if ANY airline could go from the Midlands. It is always London!!
December 08, 2007 06:28PM
great news butttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

how much is it to get back to UK

from seloniki

Merry Christmas all

NOWWWWWWWWWW theres one bit of Greek i dont know lol
Kezzybabes
January 14, 2008 01:26PM
jeff i have just booked my flights to salonika with easyjet & it's costing me £74 return for 2 weeks.Jane i agree with you unfortunately i usually end up flying from Gatwick simply because of the flight but salonika is a new route for easyjet,it's been on the cards for ages but nobody thought they'd actually do it n now they have so if it proves popular(not too popular mind as you know what happens......they get greedy & the prices go up!!!!!) then they might just start doing it from manchester or birmingham.Fingers crossed!
January 14, 2008 03:55PM
Kewl but then you got Taxi fare or car hire from Seloniki to say Hanioti which varies 75- 125 euroes

then your accommodation @ 30 euroes =210 euro

thats 210
-
350euros
based on 1 person ...... now double or treble that 700/1050 euroes for 1 week
For 2/3 people. Then add Holiday insurance (unkown amount)

ummmmmmmm i can book through lunn poly and go for that price really

but now if someone gets you @seloniki and drives you to your destination thats a big saving
and if you know someone with rooms who will let you off a few euroes then your laffin your socks off

Jeff ( NOT fourkas mad dog man cos there aint no dogs left they all poisened)
Kezzybabes
January 14, 2008 08:55PM
All sorted jeff.me & my mate easyjet flights,hotel booked,get cheap lifts from airport anyway £290 each for 2 weeks june/july.Couldn't find any packages cheaper than that anywhere n if one pops up now it's too late.Kriopigi for me as usual,may be able to get a package for same price or cheaper eventually but you can't guarantee getting where you want to be can you?Excited already x
Kezzybabes
January 14, 2008 09:10PM
The £290 i quoted above also includes return coach travel to & from Gatwick airport from East Mids.
January 17, 2008 07:02PM
Jeff, (not fourkas mad dog man cos there aint no dogs left they all poisoned) - dont say that! I am sure there are more dogs about for you to take care of when you eventually visit us in Halkidiki again. When are you planning on coming by the way? Jane
January 23, 2008 02:31PM
Many Apologies..... <Hands Up> I got it wrong.
Info deleted to avoid confusion :Blushing:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/01/2008 08:56PM by saintscouple.
January 23, 2008 03:38PM
Didnt realise that! However, I have flown Easy Jet many many times and to be quite honest we have only ever had one delay and we have always been very happy with the seating etc. My only gripe is that it is London area again, don't the airlines know that there are other people in other parts of the UK ! A good deal from the Midlands, now that would be good news. When you add the fuel, car parking and the time it takes from Derby to Gatwick, it doesnt end up that cheap.

Anyway, I mustnt moan at the moment as we are still driving over for the next two years for long term stays, so hopefully there may be some cheap Midlands flights in two years time, cross fingers.
D&A
January 23, 2008 06:09PM
As far as I am aware, BA are still flying to Thessaloniki from Gatwick 6 days a week this summer. I think Easyjet have purchased the GB Airways franchise from BA & this didn't include the Thessaloniki route.....
January 23, 2008 11:52PM
BA still flies to Thessaloniki
January 24, 2008 01:20AM
BA are and will continue to fly their scheduled route to Thessaloniki. I have this on good authority.

Routes effected by the EasyJet purchase of the GB/BA franchise are;

From Heathow:

Casablanca, Marrakech, Tangier, Faro, Malaga.

From London Gatwick:

Fez, Marrakech, Tunis, Sharm el Sheikh, Hurghada, Rhodes, Corfu, Paphos, Mykonos, Heraklion, Montpellier, Nantes, Bastia, Ajaccio, Dalaman, Palma, Ibiza, Menorca, Malaga, Alicante, Tenerife, Las Palmas, Arrecife, Faro, Funchal, Malta, Innsbruck, Salzburg and Gibraltar.

From Manchester:

Tenerife, Paphos, Malta, Heraklion, Innsbruck, Salzburg
January 24, 2008 02:01AM
No need to worry!
January 24, 2008 08:57PM
Sorry people, I made a mistake and apologise for any confusion.
I have edited my post to avoid confusion.

But hey.... it got people talking lol
January 28, 2008 11:28PM
Good news about Easyjet. It seems that XL are not flying into Thessaloníki this year which would have a real knock on effect on the resorts of Halkidiki.
February 06, 2008 08:52AM
hi, im going to hanioti for the first time in june, staying at the angelo for 2 weeks, from what ive read on here its going to be great. you can now fly from east midlands airport , flight only or a package with thomson fly,

janet
February 08, 2008 07:58PM
ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Blackfluff said that T word lol

shame on you TEE HEE HEE

have a great time and a visit to the Pastry shop by the taxi rank is a MUST DO on your holiday list.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login