Horseshoe bar

Horseshoe bar

Posted by Rosemary 
Horseshoe bar
October 22, 2007 09:57PM
Is Nic and Albina still there in Hanioti?
Re: Horseshoe bar
October 23, 2007 12:03PM
Hi I was there in August and they were still at the Horseshoe bar
October 23, 2007 09:51PM
Thanks for that Sian
October 24, 2007 09:42AM

Hi Rosemary

yes they still run that bar, but not sure that they stay in Hanioti for the winter. Or like most bar owners return to the city .......Joanne
October 24, 2007 06:49PM
Hi Rosemary,

Sorry but Nic and his Family have now gone back home to Thessaloniki,as of 15th October as I went to see them and say goodbye on their last night.They've left us down here until they return next season,in May 2008,so you will be able to catch up with them then

Regards
Robby
October 27, 2007 09:27AM
Robby,

Can I ask a question, I know Hanioti shuts down in the winter, but does everyone leave or do people still live there, locals? Just wondered if everything closes, including the supermarkets etc?

I had a fantastic holiday there in September, visited the Horseshoe as well and it was lovely. I am returning next September to stay for two weeks this time as we only stayed for one this year and it was not long enough.

We met some lovely people in Hanioti and it was the best holiday I have had in a long timne, hence why I am returning next year. have already booked up and cannot wait!
October 31, 2007 07:42AM
Hi Figaro,
no not everyone leaves here in winter,there are still a few locals around,but alot do come from Thessaloniki way for the season and due to hours they work,go home for a well deserved rest and finally have time to spend with their families,then return all refreshed to start again next season .All the main holiday shops etc are closed,but the local supermarkets etc are open all year round,they just adjust their opening hours.

The only unfortunate thing is that this year some places closed down early,late September(ish),when the official last returning flights weren't until 15th October, due to there not being as many tourists as normal. Although we had family visit then and go back on that last flight and they had a great time.Maybe the fires here last year have put a few people off who knows? but once visited most people return year after year,and the locals always remember you,its like a home from home. We had family who visited us this year thinking they might not enjoy it,how wrong can you be? They have booked to come twice next year and for longer,and to think they asked us why we wanted to live here when we moved over from the UK Ha!

Hope you have a fantastic time next year and you never know we may even bump into you

Robby.

October 31, 2007 12:46PM
Thanks Robby

My friend and I are due to come on 18 September, late in the season I know but the only time we could get booked into where we wanted to stay - same place as this year - the Tropical Hotel! We are hoping that the sun will still shine on us (surely it will)!

I met a lot of people this year who had been coming for years and a lot who will now be returning, as I am, next year and the following years. I also met a lot of locals who were lovely people and am looking forward to hopefully seeing them again next year.

I am in contact with the owners of the Tropical, a lovely couple and only wish that I had the money to be able to afford to return more than once next year!

I think you are very lucky to live in Hanioti all year round and if I ever win the lottery I would love to do the same.

Lisa
November 05, 2007 11:07AM
Thanks for the info about the bar. I knew they moved back to the city for the winter, but last time I spoke to Nic, he was contemplating something else and I'd wonderd if they'd moved on. Glad to hear they are still there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login