Hanioti

Hanioti

Posted by Rach79 
Hanioti
September 11, 2007 05:08PM
Just got back from Hanioti.My boyfriend and I stayed at the Hanioti Village Hotel.Anyone looking for somewhere to go I highly recommend the Hanioti Village.

The hotel is fun, friendly and perfect for a week of relaxation, home cooked food and plenty of cocktails.

As for Hanioti itself, its a lovely place which caters or couples and families.

Any questions please feel free to post them and I'll be happy to answer.

Rach.
Brian Atmore
Re: Hanioti
April 11, 2008 09:39AM
We are going to Halkidiki for first time in August.
Our daughters are 20/22.
We want to be in walking distance of beach, restaurants and lively bars without masses of kids, chavs and larger louts.

Is Hanioti ok for us? I think the hanioti village is full.
April 11, 2008 10:59AM
Yes I think it is. You don't get lager louts or chavs over here, not from what we have seen over 30 years anyway. You get kids everywhere in Greece and in August it will be very busy as all the Greeks come over from Thessaloniki too.

Hanioti is basically a tourist village. There are lots of bars, lots of places to eat and the beach is within walking distance of almost every hotel. It is nice though as it is set away from the main road, so there are lots of pedestrianised areas to walk through.

If your daughters want nightclubs, then there are quite a few in Kallithea which is about ten mins away by taxi. I think there are a couple of nightclubs in Hanioti. As you can guess, we don't do clubs!
April 11, 2008 11:48AM
I can highly recommend Hanioti as an ideal place for you and your family to go. As Jane says above Hanioti is a tourist village with loads of nice bars and restaurants (a particular favourite of mine is the Tropicana on the square).

The beach is easy to get to from every hotel. It can get quite busy in the summer, but just walk a little further along the beach from the main strip and its a lot quieter. Sunbeds and Umbrellas will cost you around 7-8 euros per day for two.

There are no lager louts or chavs in Hanioti (that I have ever seen anyway) - its a fairly chilled out place to holiday but fun at the same time. There are no longer any nightclubs in Hanioti, the closest is Kalithea which, as Jane says, is around 10 min in a taxi (about 11-12 euro).

Can highly recommend the Tropical Hotel if you are looking for somewhere to stay (they are with Thomas Cook and First Choice this year). its a family run hotel and the young couple, Sakis and Vicky, will go out of their way to ensure that you have a great holiday - they also have a great bar man - Anastasio who will entertain you every night in the bar! I can guarantee that you will have great fun in the bar at night - and through to the early morning if this is what you like.

I love the place and have been booked to return since October last year for this year and will be booking for 2009 very shortly as well!
April 13, 2008 04:31PM
Does anyone living close by know if the Pegasus hotel in Hanioti is opened for business yet?
amyb
April 14, 2008 10:55AM
Hi, im staying at the hotel angelo in july, does anyone know what it is like?

Any reccommendations?

any trips people like?

thanks for the help

amy
Lene
April 17, 2008 06:15PM
Hi Jane!
I read what you have written here before, and it seems like you are from Hanioi? smiling smiley
If you are, maby you can helpe me!
I`am a girl from Norway who wants to work in Hanioti this summer. I have been there 8 or 9 times, and i know Tolis and Becky tah the Mini Golf Bar and Kjersti at the Ocean shop (+ some other boys and girls from bars, hotels etc.)
Therfore I wonder if you know someone who maby need a waiteress or something like that from the middel of June to the middel of August this summer? I really, really, want to work in Hanioti, and I hope that you can answer me, June smiling smiley

Lots of love from Lene
April 18, 2008 05:35AM
Hi Lene

Sorry, we just have been coming here for 30 years so know most of the places in Halkidiki on an overall basis. We know beaches, places to eat, friendly supermarkets etc. We actually live the other side in Mola Kaliva.

I do perhaps know someone who wants staff in Kriopigi but not sure if you need to speak Greek.

I am sure you will find work, but perhaps someone else on the forum can give you more info on Hanioti.

Jane
Sheila
April 18, 2008 11:16AM
Hey Rosemary! how are you? Didnt know Pegasus was opening again - to english visitors?
April 24, 2008 12:10AM
OMG Sheila!!! Great to hear from you. I have emailed them as I would like to book privately, but I thinks its still too early for them to be opened. I think early May would have a better chance of a response. That's why I was asking if anyone out there at the mo knew if the hotel was opened for business yet. I so much liked it there and would consider a flight only and book the hotel independently if I could. Have you been back to Hanioti?
PM me if you can, as I am always complaining about private messages on the forum which often hijack threads.
kelly
May 05, 2008 06:56PM
hey me and my bf are heading to angelo studioes on the 7th of july 2008 for 2 weeks, we have heard mixed messages about the resort and just want to know if thl be plenty to do for the 2 weeks, all we want is a nice beach a few bars and no chavs and drunks? and could you tell me a little about the water park,restrants and bars! thankyou this would be really helpful!
keeley.x
May 06, 2008 05:13AM
Hi, Halkidiki does not have Chavs and drunks as far as I know ! It is more a family holiday place, but lots of young couples come too and there are bars, tavernas and even a few nightclubs (in Kallithea).

Beaches in Hanioti are mostly nice and sandy, if a bit busy in July and August.

Lots of places to eat, we live on the other side but have eaten at some of the cheap giros places down the side of the square, as well as at the Beer House and Gustos Italiano Pizza when we feel like a change. There are also lots of places to eat in Kriopigi (Sweet Coffee Shop, Anthoulas on the Square etc.) and Casablanca is nice for a drink and genuine English bacon cob as well as a friendly chat with Debbie and her husband Tony.

Pefkohori and Polichrono are resorts nearby and they too have loads of places to eat at.

The Water Park, well I have never been but have heard from so many people on the forum and locally that say it is rubbish, so I would give that a miss.

There will always be somewhere to eat, whether you stay in Hanioti or venture out, lots of choices, I am sure you will have a great time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login