Hanioti

Hanioti

Posted by Undercovercarrot 
Hanioti
September 04, 2007 01:12AM
Hi guys!

Hope the weather over there is much beetter than sunny Newcastle at the moment. On night shift and currenctly 5C according to the car thermometer!

We're coming over on the first week of October (1st-8th) and staying at the Angelo Apartments in Hanioti. I've read loads of good things about Angelo Apartments, but not found much more about Hanioti itself. The only book I've found anything in is a Lonely Planet which is typically snobbish. Just wondering how easy/cheap it is to organise day trips, and also to hire cars. I know that Economy Car Rentals have a pickup/dropoff in Hanioti, but as we'll only want the car for maybe 3 days, I was wondering whether it is possible to rent when we arrive, and if so are the prices reasonable?

Finally, is it easy to find a bank to deal with travellers cheques or would it be just as easy to take cash?

Thanks for your help!

Dave
winking smiley
Re: Hanioti
September 04, 2007 08:28AM
Day trips are easy, there's at least one travel agency in Hanioti that has trips eg to Thessaloniki, Meteora, Petralona caves,and others. The reps also sell them, usually with a mark up.

I know there are several care hire places in Hanioti, also email Sakis at kriopigi cars, sales @kriopigi.net, he has a good reputation and I'm sure drops off at Hanioti. About 30 euros a day I think.

Hanioti is quite touristy but will be quite quiet in October. Lots of bars, good tavernas and restaurants, the sea will still be warm, the beach quieter than high season, the sun warm but not oppressively hot. Ideal! Perhaps the odd shower (apparently) but they soon pass.

There's a bank in Kalithea just up the road, I take a small amount of cash and then get more out of cashpoints. There are three I think in Hanioti.

Two more sleeps and I'm off to Pefkohori......yippeeee
September 04, 2007 11:53AM
What`s Hanioti like in September? I`ll be there with my bf from 13-24 September . . .
September 04, 2007 04:29PM
hi lara

hanioti will be the same as january to december lol

go and soak up hanioti you will love it specially at night.

jeff

Jayne
Re: Hanioti potos carental
July 10, 2009 09:00AM
Hi Dave
We are a new car rental company in this area but the guy who owns Potos as been in the car rental business for twenty years. He is mainly based on the island of Thassos. He as an office also at Thessoloniki Airport and as expanded this year to Hanioti, a total of 11 offices.
We have very competitive rates and new cars, if you want you can compare our prices at the above e-mail address.
Many thanks. Jayne.
Jenny
July 27, 2011 02:59PM
Not to completely put a damper on things, but me and the boyfriend went last year, first week of October and stayed in the nearby village of Polychrono. The first day was fairly warm and sunny but the rest of the week was terrible! Rain, rain, rain and pretty cold for being Greece. We were told the weather can be a bit unstable in October so have bookedHanoiti early September this year as there is very little do if it's raining, esp as season is coming to an end as well.
Hanoiti is nice though, quite small but still plenty of bars, tavernas and lovely beach. It was easy to organise day trips and I've seen rental cars from 15 euros a day on the net, from Hanoiti so do a google search and I'm sure you will find. :-)
July 30, 2011 03:28PM
We came back from polychrono 3 wks ago and we found that there's a lot of russians now in hanioti
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login