Polichrono Mozzies ?? info please.

Posted by CJP 
CJP
July 17, 2007 08:00PM
Going to Polichrono at end of month for a couple of weeks.
First time and looking forward to it judging by what I have read on here.
Was wondering if the Mozzies are active.
A mate of mine has just cut short his holiday in Skiathos because of
swarms off Bee's.
Dont get me wrong it wont stop me just wondering wheather to come fully armed with
Mozzie stuff.
Appreciate any information.
Cheers
Re: Polichrono Mozzies ?? info please.
July 17, 2007 08:47PM
hi or yasou

well the mozzies are biting very well and may be even more hungry with the weather

mozzie protection unless your gonna take mozzie killer in 100ml bottles (which i dought yoou can get that small ) then wait till you get to poly and go to pharmacy(which is to your left from the cake shop along the high st)and by johnsons OFF! and spray your entire body Morning and Evening ive been going a few years now and have never been bitten till this year.

No Bees in poly a few Wasps but nothing to worry about the flies are more of a nuisence than anything lol.

please visit the Down Under Bar while your there and say hi to Harry the owner from me.

the beach and swimming is great

have a great holiday

Jeff
July 17, 2007 08:55PM
G'day from Polihrono!! My girlfriend gets eaten up but non even think about coming close to me!! Maybe it's all the beer i drink!! I LOVE IT!!! G'day Jeff!! Thanks for your great words!!!
July 18, 2007 06:41AM
Can anybody tell us if there is a supermarket/shop in Afitos that sells Johnsons Off, we have looked for it the last few years and not seen it. If not Afitos what about Kalathea ?
July 18, 2007 09:36AM
C&A

try Hanioti supermarkets smiling smiley

Harry G/Day M8t think you will find lots of people going to your bar saying HI from whats his name now LOL

at least you know i sent um

Kalimera

Jeff
July 19, 2007 09:00PM
Just got back from Polichrono today and 4 of us never got a bite between us. Use a roll on and a deet spray also. We used Tesco's own brand,good stuff.
July 20, 2007 06:57PM
Mozzies were 'sucking' well back in june. My bestest friend (he is now after saving me from the little blighters) Dimitri rescued me with a spray he uses. It's made in Greece, and is a geranium spray..on me it worked whole lot better than the citrus spray.

July 21, 2007 11:45AM
Hi Yorkshire Lass

Can you remember the name of the geranium spray ?
July 23, 2007 10:52AM
Sorry, all I can tell you is it is in a small, but not too small about 100ml, white plastic bottle.
It is a Greek product and as GERANIUM on the front.

Now I know why my friends have Geraniums growing all around the apartments they own.

Another tip, upon arrival at my apartment I close all windows and doors, every evening included before going out, and turn the airconditioning on to the coldest temperature. Leave it, until the room is like a fridge. Then its just a case of sweeping them up. They tend to fly in when the maid has been in cleaning, and love to hide in dark places under beds, wardrobes...and bathrooms watch those outlet holes, warm and wet..just out the blighters love it.

Another tip, if you have a balcony. Create a perimeter of tea lights around the edge, particularly if you wish to sit out on an evening having a glass or two. The tea lights create a heat wall (bit scientific I know), and some how these has helped to reduce them flying onto the balcony to attack you.

If all else fails, resort to as my hubby does...long sleeves,long legged pants, and feet covered...sometimes armed with a big mop.

Finally, please please please to anyone who may swoop and swoon at the sight of a large flying Beetle...don't worry its not the least bit interested in you only the mozzies. Actually a gorgeous emerald green Beetle once brought my hubby a small win on the lottery, although it was me the Beetle landed on then 'pooped' before flying off

Happy Hols

CJP
July 24, 2007 05:22PM
Many thanks for the replies.
Will pop into Harry's and say helo , Jeff sent us.
Chris
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login