Boat Trips

Boat Trips

Posted by Rach79 
Boat Trips
July 10, 2007 12:29PM
I know its a cliche but I was told that there are boat trips that are available from Halkidiki that you can take.On these trips dolphins have been spotted.Has anyone been on these boat trips and have any dolphins been spotted?

Rach.x
Re: Boat Trips
July 10, 2007 05:36PM
Hi,
I already saw dolphins when making a boattrip to see the Athos monasteries with the boat of my sister and her greek husband (M/S "Antigoni", starting in Ormos Panagias/Chalkidike). They are making boat trips every day (www.giarenis.net, in case you are interested) and I just called her to ask how often they see dolphins.
She said that they see them quite often, but is really depending on the weather, etc. At the moment it seems to be too hot, but if there is a change in weather... It's only a matter of luck!
Best regards from Vienna,
Maggie
July 11, 2007 07:35AM
Thanks for the info, I'm visiting in September, we plan to do a boat trip to see Mount Athos, so fingers crossed we'll see some dolphins.

Am really excited as I've read so many nice things about Hanioti.It will be nice to have some sunshine as England is rainy and dull, very depressing.

Rachael.
July 12, 2007 09:01AM
So do you see dolphins more when it is warm?
July 12, 2007 05:29PM
She told me that they see dolphins more often when it is not so hot. I really don't know if this is significant, I'm not an expert....
In any case, I think it is really a matter of luck .....
Ciao, M.
July 13, 2007 07:11PM
We took a trip to Mount Athos on the 20/6 and kept a look out for the dolphins but alas we never saw any maybe you'll be luckier than us, enjoyable day though.
July 13, 2007 11:28PM
Rach,

I have been on the Sunset Galleon Cruise out to Turtle Island 2 consecutive years and saw pods of dolphins swmming alongside on both occasions. I would recommend the trip as the sunsets are also lovely. The front of the boat does get a bit crowded for romatic pics but you just need to muscle in, often the best approach is to offer to take someone elses photo and ask them to return the favour.
July 14, 2007 04:13AM
On a few times on dive trips to Turtle island with Odyssey dive Club we have had Dolphins following the boat but you can never be sure if they will appear.Calm flat days are the best
July 15, 2007 04:56PM
Hi

I went to Halkidiki last year, the 1st 2 weeks of July & stayed in Hanioti, went on the boat trip organised by our tour oporator Kosmar which went across to Sithonia. The weather was very unsettled this particular day, sunny one minute then overcast & rain the next. We were very lucky to see 6 dolphins swimming underneath the boat, jumping in & out of the water beside the boat too! it was spectacular, a really amazing site!

Zo
swim with dolphins???
September 03, 2007 09:59PM
Hello I was just wondering does anybody no if you can swim with dolphins in halkidiki?????
September 11, 2007 05:06PM
no where to swim with Dolphins but you can see them sometimes from the beach as they come in close.Aso seen them a few times on diving and snorkel trips with Odyssey dive club but you never know when they will appear
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login