destination

destination

Posted by dekim 
destination
June 27, 2007 09:51AM
Dear Greek friends/ dear all

I`ll spend my summer vacation on Pefkohori . During that time I plan to visit Holly Mountain Athos , Hilandar Monastery. I arrange entry visa , and my visit had been authorized.
My question is how far is Ouranoupolis from Pefkohori and thruugh which towns or villages I should pass .I will go by car.

Dejan
Re: destination
June 27, 2007 12:47PM
yasou dekim

wow Pefkohori is certainly a veryyyyyyyyyyyy long way fromOuranoupolis

Pefkohori.. to.. Hanioti.. to.. Polychrono.. to.. Neapoli.. to.. Kalathea.. to.. Nea Fourka.. to.. Nea Potadea.. to.. Ag Mamas.. to.. Scala Garekini.. to ..Psakoudia.. to.. Metamorfosi then across to Ag Nikolas then up to.. Pyrgadiki.. to.. Plana.. to.. Ierissos then down to Ouranoupolis.

May be 4-5 hrs driving

or more .

hope all goes well for you on your journey

JEFF
June 28, 2007 07:08AM
Jeff,
As I understand maps there are only 150km from Pefkohori to Ouranopoulis following the rout you send me. How could it be 4-5 hours. I think it is 2-3 hours.
Explain, please

dejan
Nic
June 28, 2007 11:01AM
Jeffs route is spot on, but you've gotta allow time for traffic. Depending on when you come and when you plan to drive there, if it's a weekend then 3-4 hours is a good guess. I live in Polygyros, on a good day it takes me about 45 minutes to get down to Hanioti, on a bad day in summer it can take 3 hours! Come the end of July and August I don't venture down Kassandra at all if I don't have too.
Take in the roads, some are small twisty....speed limits (the police can be anywhere) and traffic (busy on weekends), missing turns (it happens, even with a map), I'd give myself 4 hours.
Get yourself a decent road map, like this one www.road.gr/road_en/maps/maps.asp?id=34
Remeber time and distance can't be judged without knowing the roads. Also, if you're driving back after dark, keep your speed down and watch out for animals especially on the more remote roads.

Nic!
June 28, 2007 11:59AM
Nic,
I need to be at the Port of Ouranopoulis at 09:00, so , concerning your advise I should start trip at 05:00. Just to mention it is not a weekend, to be precise it will be Tuesday 10th July.

Dejan
Nic
June 28, 2007 12:08PM
Hi,

Roads should be clear at that time, you should have no problems. 3 hours should be fine. Always better to give youself time. Don't wanna miss your boat!!!

Have a nice trip and enjoy the scenery, it's a nice drive, especially once you get passed Nikiti!

Nic!
August 27, 2007 08:33AM
Dear Nic, Jaff and all,
First of all I must underline that I spent ten wonderful days on Halkidiki, Pefkohori!!
Jeff, Nic you were right. I really needed 2,5 Hours from Pefkohori to Ouranopoulis. But I cot there on time. Thanks for advise.

Dejan
September 18, 2007 08:00AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Another satisfied customer LOL
Ivica
April 09, 2012 12:52PM
dekim
Dear Greek friends/ dear all

I`ll spend my summer vacation on Pefkohori . During that time I plan to visit Holly Mountain Athos , Hilandar Monastery. I arrange entry visa , and my visit had been authorized.
Is there a boath that you can take from Pefkohori (or near by place) to Mountain Athos?
Thank you, Ivica
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login