Fanis Apartments

Fanis Apartments

Posted by Jeanette 
Fanis Apartments
May 23, 2007 08:00PM
Hi Peeps
Just booked our 2008 holiday at the Fanis Apts, a way off I know but I like to make sure we are organised so we can get the time off work.
I am the mum of a family of 6 kids (only 3 of which are coming with us) I would love to know the names of restaurants and eating houses nearby that anyone has been to and would recommend. Also, what facilities are there locally for the kids? What is the beach like?

Anything anyone could tell us about the this place would be fab, I am the one in the family who wants to make sure everything is tickety boo, my husband will just go with the flow.

Thanks

Jeanette xx

Re: Fanis Apartments
May 26, 2007 06:23PM
Hi Jeanette.

You won't be disappointed where you are staying. The appartments are fantastic. My husband and I have been to the fanis 5 times, 6 in July.
The apartments are a family run business and are very welcoming and helpful. You are seconds away from the beach which is sand/shingle. The best place to eat during the day would have to be the cokney cafe. English food and plenty of it. The steak house is also very good, in fact I can't say we have had any bad meals.

There are many trips to go on. The waterpark is very good, also the pirates cruise. The kids and adultd will have a great time.

Your holiday is what you make of it. Enjoy.
May 31, 2007 08:13PM
Hi we have litterally just got back arrived back home an hour ago you wil have a fab time we are booking again for next year we didnt have one bad meal and there are plenty of places to eat you dont need to go out of the resort all the staff at the hotel are really lovely especiallt dinos they camt do enough fpr you, anyway off to price it up for next year xx
August 05, 2007 07:48PM
Sorry to bother you pinkjane.

But I have lost all my e-mail contacts.

Could you please forward Dinos e-mail address again.
Thanks
August 06, 2007 08:43PM
could you please send it to me as well to see if its the same email addy ive got because ive emailed him twice and he has not replied.
thanks
August 06, 2007 09:30PM
We have just got back from Fanis for the second year on the run, the only place we've ever gone back to as it's so good! We've booked again for next July so you won't be disappointed - the family, and Dinos, bless him, make you so welcome it's like staying in a friends holiday home!
j.davies
July 24, 2008 10:06PM
hi. just wondering if any of you still had dinos's email address.just come back from our holidays and i lost it sad smileysad smiley.. would apprecitate it if you could send it to my email address. thanks winking smiley x
jenwren
July 26, 2008 03:16PM
Hi we are off to Fanis Apts in a few weeks and wanted to get the low down on the place? Accom? Hospitality? Entertainement? Local area? food? etc etc etc
Anything anyone can tell us is appreciate please Ta Jenwren
July 27, 2008 10:14PM
Hello jenwren,

I can honestly say you will not be disappointed when you arrive at Fanis.

Hospitality: You can't get any friendlier than Saki and Dinos.
Saki is the owner and Dinos is the Barman.

Very friendly. You are right on the beach front. All you need to do is cross the road and hey presto the beach is there.
If you are lucky you may even see the the dolphins. Accommodation basic but very clean. The gardens are kept immaculate. Mowing day always on a Wednesday ready for the new arrivals on Thusrday.

The area is quite typical of greece. Many tavernas,selling fantastic food.
If you feel homesick, you can always go to the cockney cafe.
You can't beat it. Marilyn and John make you feel so welcome. Food great as well.
Say Hi to everyone for us, at Fanis from Mr and Mrs Tortoise.

Enjoy your holiday. I,m sure you will. When do you go?
July 30, 2008 09:56AM
I will be at the Fanis by tomorrow lunchtime. Its our first time in Halkidiki but with the fantastic reviews i have seen about the Fanis i am sure it wont be the last. Looking forward to meeting everyone there.
mn444
August 01, 2008 11:16AM
Are you speaking about the Fani Apartments in Vourvourou? I hope not, otherwise it`s a joke!!!
jenwren
August 01, 2008 06:35PM
Hi PDewhurst6
Thanks for the info, your info has got met well in he mood for our holiday now, we fly on the 14th andI really can't wait now. Looking foward to meeting everyone at the Fanis as loads of the messages on this board talk very highly of them!! Our kids have gone mad now dolphins have been mentioned - hope they get to see a couple swimming. I love food so I am looking forward to trying the tavernas (maybe even the Cockney for a bit of english cuisine)
You seem to be very keen to go back, my hubby wants to go again next year and we haven't even been yet - so that's a good sign !!
Any more detailed info is much appreciated.
Thanks
Jenwren
PS: let me know if you want any messages passing on xx
August 03, 2008 09:21PM
Hi jenwren,

Glad you like the info. I've really not got much to say any more about fanis. Please say hi to Dinos and Saki. You will understand why people want to go back year after year when you have tried fanis for yourself.

We have been back numerous occassions, and I have to admit I am like a child. I am so excited to return I cannot explain how I feel. I feel so at home , but the holiday bug still gets to you.

We go on the 28th. Can't wait.

Please let me know what you thought of the place.

I think I should start the Dinos Fan club.

Any takers.
I will send them to him when I go.

Mr Mrs Tortoise
August 04, 2008 12:55PM
You can count us in mrs t,we go again june nxt yr and cant wait.Say hello from paul ,debby and dumbo when u go plz.
August 08, 2008 02:57PM
Just arrived back from Fanis yesterday, and had a fantastic time again. All 9 of us in our party were very sad to leave!
Fanis is a fantastic place to go and the many comments on this website prove that a fan club exists!
Many thanks to Demetra, Sakis and Dinos for a great holiday, we will see you next summer, we hope.
Best wishes
Mrs Showman and family.
August 08, 2008 06:08PM
marie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just arrived back from Fanis yesterday, and had a
> fantastic time again. All 9 of us in our party
> were very sad to leave!
> Fanis is a fantastic place to go and the many
> comments on this website prove that a fan club
> exists!
> Many thanks to Demetra, Sakis and Dinos for a
> great holiday, we will see you next summer, we
> hope.
> Best wishes
> Mrs Showman and family

Hi im off to the Fanis in September We are in a studio, In some threads on another forum it has been said the kitchen facilities and crockery tables etc? are non existent. Could you tell me if we need to bring anything? Also have you hired a car? If so what company? Also Have you been on any trips etc? Much appreciated for any comments. We are so looking forward to our holiday it sounds really nice.
August 08, 2008 09:42PM
Hi
We were in an apartment and had a table and chairs in kitchen area and on balcony. In the kitchen you'll have a small electric cooking rings unit, kettle, fridge and enough crockery, cutlery, pans and glasses. These are adequate for making simple meals, but I'd recommend taking a decent tin opener and bottle opener with you. The only thing we missed was a toaster so you will have to improvise, although we enjoyed Sakis's toasties and bacon rolls most mornings! He also makes a great Greek salad and the hot chicken sandwiches are delicious (There's a lot more on the menu than this though). There is a supermarket close by if you want to cook and the bakery up by the supermarket has a large range of bread and pastries but make sure you get in line or you won't get served!
There's loads of lovely restaurants along the front - if you like steak you must go to Viva right at the opposite end of the beach to Fanis. All the others are lovely for traditional greek food, you will be spoilt for choice.
We haven't hired a car so I can't advise you on that but Zoe, the FC rep will be able to. We have been on the Sunshine cruise and I can really recommend it as a great family day out but we really just like to chill out on the beach most days! Hanioti is good is if you want shops and a busier nightlife and it's only 6 euros in a taxi but ask Dinos to book this for you. It's not as laid back as Polichrono but worth a visit.
Fanis is easily the best bar to spend your evenings,as you will find. There are a couple of other beach bars to try for the odd drink - Laskas, Golden and Nemos, turn left out of Fanis and keep going, though if you're like us, you'll end up back at Fanis!
I'm sure you'll have a great time,
Marie
August 09, 2008 11:45AM
Marie,did dinos tell u of his plans for a cocktail bar in front of the aprts,glad you had a good time we cant wait to go back next year.
August 24, 2008 04:41PM
Hi, Could anyone tell me what draught beer they have now. I was told they have taken Amstel out.

Not keen on MYthos
August 25, 2008 12:13PM
Its mythos mrs t and they have fosters as well,try a dash of lime in the mythos it tastes a bit better.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login