HALKIDIKI ASK YOUR QUESTIONS

HALKIDIKI ASK YOUR QUESTIONS

Posted by coolcupid69 
Re: HALKIDIKI ASK YOUR QUESTIONS
May 21, 2007 04:20PM
Thanks Joe I feel I can now carry on with the rest of my life at one with the universe you truly are a meshia among men, a mythos for you up on my arrival (think Steve needs some to, may be more than one!)

Joanne your in good company
but aferesto polly anyway.

My hunch is the avga

but dont change your life on the strength of my advice.

LOL to all of Ya.

Phil.
Ken
May 22, 2007 06:38PM
Hi Steve!

I am going to Nea Skioni for two weeks this July and I am looking for a place nearby to rent a road bike/racing bike. Somewhere in that area that I can rent a bike?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Ken
May 23, 2007 08:48AM
hiya steve
have just booked our wedding for may [hopefully the 9th] next year, we are staying at aegean melathron, kalithea and doin the deed at kassandria town hall.
we not too sure how to get to town hall from hotel, how much approx will a taxi be? or is hiring a posh car reasonably priced?
we also need to find a local photographer, do you happen to know of any?
this is the 1st time in greece for us so ANYTHING you can tell about where we are staying and surrounding area would be much appreciated!!!!! its just under a year away and we are sooooo excited already!!!! [mind you, the paperwork is a nightmare lol!!! ]
thanks
mandy
May 23, 2007 05:08PM
Hi there Ken, we live near Nea Skioni when we go over to Halkidiki. It is a fairly new addition to the tourist industry as mainly Greeks go there and it is only recently it appeared to UK holiday makers. As such it is still quite a Greek village, lovely though with a great Bakery, a nice new bar called La Place, a few small supermarkets which stock nice fresh fruit etc., and I think in March we saw a couple of tourist based shops which were new. However, as far as I know, and we have been going there for years, there is no bicycle or racing bike rental place. Nor any that near really. I would imagine the best place to look would be Fourka (Jeff can tell you about Fourka and availability), or even Kallithea. Alternatively over the mountain to Hanioti and you should find something.

Have a great holiday though. We love Skioni, it is a really nice place that has not yet been overrun by tourist stuff but has got enough to keep you fed, watered and bathed(sea that is)!

May 24, 2007 07:08AM
Ken, just another thought. Roads in Halkidiki especially on Kassandra peninsula are very busy in July and August, and if you are a Grecophile you will know the way the Greeks drive ! So please be very careful. At least down Nea Skioni end it is a bit more peaceful on the roads, although still busy in July and August. Have a great time.
Ken
May 24, 2007 07:39AM
Thanks!

I might go as fare as Thessaloniki for a bike, or I might just bring my own, even the bike-case including the bike is like 30 kg...

Ken :-)
May 24, 2007 03:41PM
We all thought you meant a motor bike
You can definately hire mountain bikes at Kalithea and Hanioti if this is any help.

Phil.
Ken
May 24, 2007 04:06PM
Yes it's a cycling, a mountainbike would be nice but a racingcycle is what I wouild prefer... :-)

Ken

May 26, 2007 03:21PM
steve do you do karaoke(SANDY @#$%&!!!!!!!)
May 30, 2007 06:14PM
Hi,

All i wondered is what the weather is like over there at this moment in time? Im going over there on 18th June, for 2weeks!! im so looking forward to it. Around the 18th June, whats the weather usually like?

Many Thanks, yawning smiley)

Chrissy x
May 30, 2007 07:31PM
This is Halkidiki's weather conditions. Data are updated every two hours.

www.halkidiki.com/english/weather_e.htm

------------
Nikos
Forum Admin
nikos at halkidiki.com
May 31, 2007 08:56AM
Hi Steve! I like to ask you, where in Chalkidiki can I find some place for my parents? they are 60 yaers old, they can't swim for some reasons! do you know some place for old people smiling smiley ??
thank you!!!
Melleboo
August 14, 2011 07:48AM
Hi guys,

I just found this forum and Im trying to organize my wedding in Greece. I just came back from Polychrono and would love to do our wedding there. Im hoping to arrange a small intimate wedding, is there any alternative to Sani resort?
My fiance's family is from Thessaloniki so we could also do sth there.
Thanks in advance for your tips!
August 14, 2011 08:25AM
Hi Melleboo

If I were you I would start this question as a new thread. There is lots of info on this forum about weddings - you can get married in Kassandria or Hanioti town hall then have the reception wherever you like - nice taverna or hotel...

Have a look at other postings.
August 14, 2011 12:44PM
Also you can now book the registrar to come out and marry you anywhere you like,i think the cost is about 200euros,i have been to one wedding here where they have done that and have heard of another one where they got her to come out to a restaurant.I think its better than getting married in the town hall.2 weddings i have been to here were in Pefkohori at the Alia Palace and they were both absolutley beautiful with a view over the sea!!!

Hope that helps

kate
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login