whats the transfer like from the airport to polichrono

Posted by pinkjane 
April 29, 2007 07:40AM
Hi I was just wondering what the transfer wqs like from the airport to resort is it mountainous or flat, im not too good in a coach so want to be prepared lol x
Re: whats the transfer like from the airport to polichrono
April 29, 2007 07:49AM
Hi, been many many years since we did a transfer but our family came to visit and think it usually takes between one and a half and two hours depending on where you are staying. Polichrono is probably about 1 1/2 hrs depending where they drop off first.

The roads used to be windy and through small villages 30 years ago. Now it is mainly dual carriageway until you get near the peninsula. Not hilly, but the drivers are very fast and some parts of the dual carriageway have no middle guard rail, so close your eyes !

You can always get a taxi, you would have to ask someone latest prices. No difference in the route, but I am always more sickly on a bus than in a car.

Enjoy your hols.
April 29, 2007 08:12AM
Thanks for that, also do you know if its easy to cash travellers cheques there as dont like carrying too much cash, and also is there cash machines in resort x
April 29, 2007 11:52AM
pinkjane hi

you can cash travellers chegues at polichrono but you will have to find the new place as i think the old one moved not been to poli for 4 yrs now
if not a very short taxi ride to Hanioti and you can get them done there and get cash out ATM

about 60 euros by taxi to poli but ask taxi driver first for price.

bus journey isnt bad now and lets you see more of halkidiki on your way to poli.and its flat till after nea potadia then its mostly down hill

sorry i cant be any more help

but enjoy your break halkidiki is great.

Jeff
April 29, 2007 06:23PM
Hello the transfer from the airport to Polychrono is around 1hour 30mins and it is flat you will have some beautifull views once you get on to the Kassandra peninsula as the road follows the coast , if you staying in Polychrono come and visit us my name is STEVE i will be working at the COCKNEY CAFE this year the last six years i was a rep in HALKIDIKI so i have done the airport run around 300 times and it still gets to me every time, have a great holiday .
April 29, 2007 06:27PM
HELLO AGAIN JANE ,
yes there is a cash machine its now up on the main road by the traffic lights you will see it as you enter Polychrono its been there now 2 years. STEVE
April 30, 2007 03:04PM
There's a couple of exchange places on the road by the town square. There is one place virtually opposite the Hotel Posidonio and another further down the road or as Steve points out there is a cash machine by the traffic lights on the main road as you turn into Polichrono.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login