Any infor on weather? Nightlife? Restaurants? Niirides? hanioti?

Posted by Stifado 
April 03, 2007 07:48PM
Yassiaou!!

Me and my best mate are going out to Halkidiki, Hanioti end of august for two weeks (last week of august and first week of september!) and staying at the Nirriides Apartments? Does anyone have any views on everything about the resort regarding beaches, nightlife?

We are also interested in Hiring a boat out for the day or going on a Boat trip? My mate wandered if there any 'Glass bottomed boats' out there for a day out at sea? Plus we are wondering (lots of things, so I will try to keep it Lmtd) If there are many day trips to other Islands? How much they cost?

Nightlife?! We are not expecting some mad nightlife but we are in our Mid twenties so at the same time dont want to get too bored! - We just want to know, say if we decide to pop out for a few good nights to bars.Nightclubs where shall we visit? and how much will it cost in taxi altoghether there and back?

Additionally went to corfu a while ago and was wondering where you can get the best tasting Stifado? It became my favourite and I became quite the coniseur of the Dish after having it so many times!

Supermarkets - We are self catering so may decide to eat in the odd nite - are there many good markets for food nearby the Nirriiides apts? And are there any good bakeries nearby for a danish in the morning?

I know I have babblde on a bit hopefully some one out there will have an answer to each of my questions? Thanks folks.............Yammas
Re: Any infor on weather? Nightlife? Restaurants? Niirides? hanioti?
April 03, 2007 07:54PM
Darnnnn.....I was meant to also ask what the weather is going to be like at the time of year? has anyone been there this time last year if so what was the weather like?
April 04, 2007 06:16PM
yasou stifado

During the day, you can hire sunbeds & brollies on the beach for about £2, and if you're feeling adventurous there's a watersports centre where you can hire pedaloes, jet skis, water skiing, paragliding, donuts and a banana boat ride. You can also buy food & drink from the traders who walk up and down the beach (lovely donuts & croisants!). In the village you can hire mountain bike and motorbikes if you want to go exploring (the next village is about 20 mins bike ride away - either along the road, or down the beach!)

At night there aren't any clubs, but there are a couple of music bars (Waikiki is good - especially the happy hour) and theres a fantastic cafe/bar down on the beach that plays brilliant chill-out music - so you can just sit and watch the sun set and the world go by. Can't remember what it's called (probably had too many Ouzos!), but head to the Strand hotel and follow the footpath along the seafront (you'll see the floodlights in the sea at night) - they also own the bar on the corner, just across from The Strand - both are excellent - you just sit there and they ply you with beer all night!

There's loads of places to eat - fast food kebab shops, Greek tavernas (try Zorbas just out of the village centre), Italian & Chinese. The best ones are around the village square - there's some pretty good cake shops too if you've got a sweet tooth (they also sell beer if you haven't!)

WEATHER

phewwwwwwww HOTTER THAN HOT lol could be up to 32o with light showers when humidity gets too much

yamas
jeff fourkas mad dog man

p,s cant find any info on niiridis appartments sorry

April 04, 2007 09:00PM
Thankyou Jeff,

Sounds really promising....really looking forward to it now! I am glad the weather is going to be hot also! I like it when its like that!

In regards to the bars, yes I heard this waikiki is meant to be quite good! Would you reccomend anywhere closeby we could get a taxi to if we decied we would like a more hectic night out?

Once again thankyou.......and yammas
April 05, 2007 06:33AM
yasou stifado

only places i know of are in Kalathia or theres a night club not far from Hanioti think its called No Nos or something like that lol. not into night clubs at my age i just go to chill n swill when on holiday.

yamas

jeff
April 05, 2007 11:07AM
Have a gander at my thread from a couple of years ago, it appears that the good places to eat are still going strong...plenty of quality Greek food in Hanioti which is one of the main reasons for us choosing to go back.

[halkidiki.com]
April 06, 2007 04:22PM
Hi Stifado.
No glass bottom boats but if you email info@odysseydive.com they run snorkelling diving and general lazing around trips on their boat.Mention my name if you email
Roy
April 07, 2007 09:40AM
Hey,

The closest nightclub is NoNo's its on the way into pefkhori next town and its a good night to go for a dance and that, plenty of cocktail bars in hanioti sqaures too.

Sam x
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login