Hotel Palladium - Kriopigi

Posted by Blase 
March 15, 2007 04:47PM
Hi,
In this summer we are planning to go on holiday to Chalkidiki. We have got our eyes on Hotel Pallidium in Kriopigi, because it seems quite nice and the hotel`s surroundings seems to be amazing with pine trees around it. But unfortunatelly, we have heard that last year there was a big fire which afflicted many resorts and the environment was badly damaged. Is it true??Could somebody tell me what about Hotel Pallidium? Did this hotel get away with it? Looking at pictures in the gallery made me feel sad since the landscape is more than bare in some places in Chalkidiki after the fire...So we dont know wheteher to go or it is not worth...Please help me to decide and I am looking forward any kind of inf. or even news about this place!!! How does it look like after a year?
Thank you in advance
Blase from Serbia
Re: Hotel Palladium - Kriopigi
March 15, 2007 05:27PM
Kriopigi escaped the fire as did most of the resorts.You won't notice anything so don't be worried about going to Halkidiki for your holiday
March 15, 2007 05:39PM
just get booked and go lol

we are in may no problems smiling smiley

jeff
March 15, 2007 07:56PM
The fire did destroy huge amounts of forest, but we went in Nov and there is still plenty of forest about. The worst bit is from Hanioti towards Pefkohori and beyond, and the absolute worst is the mountain road from Hanioti to Skioni, which is near where we live. Very sad to see the forest burnt down on this road.

However, Halkidiki is still very green and there is still lots of forest about. Also on Sithonia the middle peninsula.

Please go, you need to support the business over there and it really is not all bad after the fire.

We have just committed to rent a house for three years, we have been going for 30 years.

Jane
March 16, 2007 09:55AM
Hi,
But this hotel and its surroundings is OK? Could you mention me a site where I can see pictures from this resort and village?
March 16, 2007 01:35PM
jane

hi, visiting pefkohori again in july

when we were there mid october 06, the beach and sea was still showing signs of the fire's aftermath ... is this still the case or has the passgage of winter helped clear this up
March 16, 2007 03:22PM
the sea and the beaches were clean before the end of last season.You will not see anything in the water or on the beaces
March 16, 2007 05:38PM
Late November there was no trace in the sea. You should be fine. We are going in two weeks so will report back then.
March 19, 2007 01:28PM
jane

thought that would be the case

but thought i'd ask anyway

any updates will be great

thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login