Ammos or Fanis in Polychrono

Posted by saintscouple 
September 30, 2006 02:55PM
Hi all,

Can anyone give any info on the resort of Polychrono as this would be our 1st trip to Halkidiki next summer. The wife, myself, and our 16 yr son.
We have found the following 2 properties appealing, as we require a 1 bedroom apartment - and have a budget of under £1000 for the 1st week of July 07 for 14 nights. The Ammos Studios and Apartments - and the Fanis Apartments, both come under this budget, and wondered if anyone had any views - or indeed if we should be looking at alternative resorts? We prefer traditional resorts with low-key nightlife.

Thanks in advance

Trev
Re: Ammos or Fanis in Polychrono
October 07, 2006 01:01PM
hi There

Polichrono is about as low key as you want its beautiful narrow beach, clear blue sea, lots of places to explore and eat in.

supermarket 500 mtrs from where you may stay .
try their fresh baked doughnuts with your first cuppa in the morning
there is a very long sea frontage with lots of bars / Tavernas
the coffee shop across from the supermarket is a MUST but watch your waist line LOL

Hanioti is a 30 min walk or a short taxi ride away about 3 euros.

cant tell you much on your choices as ive only stayed in a friends appartment at the north end of the village .
im sure you will find it a great holiday but just remember GREECE is NOT 5* accommodations are BASIC but then i only use it to sleep in and cook the odd meal

yamas

jeff
October 08, 2006 08:50PM
Many thanks for your reply Jeff,
We had a sudden change of arrangements when i found cheap flights with BA, thus have them booked.
So next thing is looking at accommodation only, hopefully booking direct with owners; and then investigating taxi prices from the airport.
We have holidayed for the past 4 years in Pefkos, Rhodes and have always had the basic accommodation - the only extra we require is air-con. Cook the odd meal? Nah, we prefer to taste the local cuisine and help the local economy.
We hope you can book excursions locally and not through inflated tour operators?
May we ask if the sea is good to swim? only we heared some reports of sea urchins causing problems?

Many Thanks again,

Trev, Kim

October 09, 2006 12:00PM
hi again.

sorry didnt know you had done greece before smiling smiley

bit like trying to teach mother how to suck eggs lol
im sure you will be able to sort out air-con or a fan of some sort.
i prefer to eat local but the price of the euro sorted that out but i will be eating out this holiday at my favourite taverna but some nights we like to sit on our balcony and eat and drink while we watch the fab sunsets smiling smiley.
you can book tours locally just ask around someone will put you in right direction .

seas great to swim in if you want to avoid urchins stay away from the rocky parts of the beach because urchins live between these stones .....i always wear something on my feet
when swimming in polychrono ...dont have same problem in Fourka never seen any urchins just HUGEEEEEEEEE brown jellyfishsad smiley

well as you arrive in Poly we will be leaving Fourka .

enjoy your holiday

yamas
jeff
October 09, 2006 03:45PM
Thanks for that Jeff.

Know what you mean about sitting on the balcony watching sunsets - nothing like a bottle or 2 of the local vino as company lol

Will remember to pack the swimming shoes smiling smiley

The accommodation we would like is the Fanis - but can't seem to find a contact email address, looks like you can only book through 1st Choice for this hotel - unless anyone else knows otherwise?

If we can't book this one we will widen our search to possiably other nearby resorts.

Yamas reminds me - the most important question yet, do they sell Mythos? mouth watering now lol

Trev
October 09, 2006 07:35PM
Hi.
I stayed at the fanis last month. The 1 bed apartments are clean and spacious. Im sure you will enjoy them, and polychrono if you can get booked, as they seem to fit your requirements. I have found some info for you. Not an e-mail address but there's a phone number and address........

FANIS

Phone : (23740) 51675
Fax : (23740) 53903
Address : 630 85 Polichrono CHALKIDIKI MACEDONIA
City : Polichrono

Check out time : 11:00
Check in time : 13:00

Good luck.

October 09, 2006 08:41PM
Hi Trev /Kim

hope this little snippet helps you out

Date of Holiday: Jul 2005
Tour Operator: First Choice
Overall Rating: 10/10
Comments: This is the 2nd time in 4weeks that we have returned to the Fanis apartments. They are situated on the beach front, facing the Sithonia peninsula. If you are lucky you can even see the dolphins. The accommodation is very clean, air conditioning a must at this time of year.
The apartments are a family run business, very friendly. The rep for the Fanis is very good too. The swimming pool has now been built. It’s amazing how many people stop and look at the Fanis when they are passing. The gardens are maintained to a high standard by Mr Fanis himself. Watering his precious lawn twice daily.
The resort itself is a typical Greek town, many traditional tavernas. No pizza huts, Kentucky etc. thank goodness.
Polychrono is lovely and clean with the locals as friendly as you can imagine.
We enjoyed it so much hoping to get another week in before the season closes.
October 11, 2006 08:16PM
Thanks Micky & Jeff,

May well have to send a fax and hope for a reply. The reviews i have already seen, and they really promote this as a good place to stay.
I have seen that thomson's are currently selling rooms, which for the duration of our stay, would be under £400 for a 1 bed apartment at the Royal Kostas. So not a bad back-up plan.

October 30, 2006 09:53PM
Been to Polichrono about 10 times in the last 6 years, you get the impression that I like it. Stayed at various apartments/hotels. This year went two weeks in June and a week in September and stayed at the Summer Dream hotel, only 21 rooms, good standard of accomodation, air conditioning (no extra charge), swimmimg pool, 5mins from beach and the seafront with all its tavernas etc. Added bonus is that they pick you up and take you back to the airport which is included in the price. Check their website www.summer-dream.gr
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login