Flying to Hanioti this week!!! what to do!!! FIRE

Posted by dean walsh 
August 22, 2006 10:39AM
Myself and Girlfriend are due to fly out to Halkidiki - STAYING IN HANIOTI - this thursday morning from Gatwick! We are flying with FIRSTCHOICE. I have spoken to them but apparently they are still carrying out initial checks on hotels - has anyone heard any different??

I really do not kow what to do. I have spoke to my insurance people and they have said that Unless the foreign and commonwealth office advise people not to travel to Greece - i cannot cancel my holiday and get my money back!

So i really dont know what to do! My hearts go to those out there at the moment and to those living out there - I dont want to go out there if the town is shut, everything is damaged , places are shut etc!!
Anyone else in the same dilemma??

Dean
Re: Flying to Hanioti this week!!! what to do!!! FIRE
August 22, 2006 10:45AM
Get out on your holiday and help the locals by spending your cash, if your accom has been damaged then you're likely to be put in somewhere else.

By the reports on here Hanioti is not as damaged as might have been. go and enjoy yourself.
August 22, 2006 10:57AM
Our friend who has a business in Hanioti thinks that if they has water and electircity today then most people would have opened businesses. no real damage to village though a little ash / smoke is around at present depending on direction of wind. Please go on your hols and support the people there - the beaches / remains great !!!!!
August 22, 2006 10:59AM

Dont worry Dean the village itself is okay, the beach will still be lovely and so will the weather, and the people will be greatful that you still decided to go.
August 22, 2006 11:15AM
Hi Dean.

Myself and my Girlfriend are due to fly out next week to Hanioti to be married. There are a few of the relatives going as well. it will be their first time over there. We've been on a few occasions and each time fell in love with the place a little more, we're not only going to be married there but we're going to be looking at moving there.
There's no way we'll let this fire get in the way of mixing with some of the nicest people you could ever want to meet and as for the surroundings mother nature will have that sorted soon enough and the penninsula will be as beautiful as ever.
If your over there for a fortnight we may get to see you at any one of the fantastic bars and restaurants.. check out Kosta's the Italian place in the square.
August 22, 2006 01:49PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login