U.K to Greece - Urgent advice needed!

Posted by manchester mark 
June 16, 2006 09:08PM
Hello all

Mission: We are a karaoke/singing duo based in Manchester. We want to go back to greece with our equiptment and stay there for 3 months this year (06) and probably work for the full season next year (2007).

TRANSPORT/TRAVEL: As we have a 4 month old baby we have abandoned any idea of driving over this year, the cost and inconvenience would prove too much. We have now switched our minds to shipping our car AND Karaoke equiptment over in a crate. Our problem is finding a UK based company that is cheap enough. If anyone has a car transportation company name and telephone number that we can try we would be grateful. Also, if you have any prices (if you've done this yourself) that would help. Basically we need it to be taken to Thessalonika.

ACCOMODATION: We are looking for an apartment with at least 2 bedrooms, pref. on the ground floor because of babba, and hopefully in Kriopigi beacause of work purposes. If you have apartments to rent, or know of someone we can contact (with reasonable rates) then please get in touch. PS, if you have, or know someone with apartments/bar or hotel who may want entertainment in exchange for our accomodation then we can always do a deal..maybe!

WORK: As we have said, we are a young English professional karaoke/singing duo who are looking for gigs in all areas of Halkidiki. If anyone is interested please get in touch with us.You could post your details on here for us to ring or leave your email address here and we can contact you. We want to have as many arrangements sorted in the next 7 days if we can. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Mark & Kelly x

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 16/06/2006 09:15PM by manchester mark.
JohnCole
Re: U.K to Greece - Urgent advice needed!
June 17, 2006 07:41AM
mark. don't know if i can help. but i am out in hanioti in july, august. we have a three bed house in hanioti. the complex that the house is on has empty proprties that i know the builder rents out.
don't know costs but i will find out while im their.
if you can send me your details then i will give you my address in england, send me some cards / flyers and i will hand them out for you.

we charge £300 per week for our place but could come to some arrangement for long let. its not a holiday let its our home so has all you would need.

washing machine etc

just an idea

john
June 17, 2006 11:53AM

John

Thanks for your reply. I think we have sorted some accomodation this morning but if you post your email address i'll get in touch and send you some flyers. If not drive to Kriopigi and see us..fingers crossed we'll be working at Cassablanca bar at some point.

If everything goes ok we'll already be there in July & Aug..but if you know anyone we can contact about gigs before we go then that'd be really useful.

Cheers..Mark
JohnCole
June 17, 2006 12:49PM
hi mark when we lived there i worked in the barn on the sea front in pefkahori ! soory about the spelling. i ran the karioki there. tell then john sent you. they may want you to do a turn or two. we will come to see you when we get there
john
June 17, 2006 04:13PM

Thanks John (Part time greek?)

We'll pop in there and ask. We have the flights pretty much sorted and MAYBE the car shipped over too but not quite sure about that yet. We'll try and get an idea of cost on a car over there just to be sure.

Start your warbling practice & we'll hopefully meet you soon.

Thanks again

mark (100% MANCUNIAN...unfortunatley!)

P.S SAKIS, IF YOU READ THIS, WE'VE TRIED AGAIN TO EMAIL YOU AT AKROPOLIS. CAN YOU POST YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS ON HERE PLEASE SIR SO THAT WE CAN CHAT TO YOU BEFORE WE LEAVE ENGLAND. THANKS
June 17, 2006 04:41PM
Dear Mark & Kelly

I do read this but I'll speak with you when you arrive in Greece.
Have a pleasant trip !!
Sakis
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login