Just back from Hanioti

Just back from Hanioti

Posted by Wendy 
sam!
Re: Just back from Hanioti
January 20, 2006 05:37PM
its sounds really good, expensive mind!!! what are they like about age??its not going to be full of teens is it?
January 23, 2006 11:23AM
Not as strict as England but they may still turn you away, so if you have proof take it with you but careful taking your passport as don't wanna lose that.
sam
January 23, 2006 05:23PM
ooo it sounds good! where u stay?>
January 24, 2006 11:52AM
I lived in Polichrono for 2 summers. So the clubs were visited fairly frequently. As I said Ahoy was my fave,the club that used to be privilage was good but not sure what it is like now, it is the most obvious of the clubs at the front with car park around it.
January 24, 2006 03:39PM
Yeah i agree about ahoy, last time i was there, there was a massive thunderstorm, felt strange to be in a club with it raining on you!!!
January 24, 2006 04:05PM
Oh yeah, forgot to mention it was open air. Kind of like a mini football stadium, seating all round the edge and the bar in the middle of the dance floor with big screens on the walls.
sam
January 24, 2006 04:15PM
really that sound mad! do loads of people go?are there any clubs closer to hanioti?
January 25, 2006 12:14PM
there is one in hanioti but it is really small. in the neighbouring village Pefkahori there are a couple, only been to no nos but that was ages ago, apparently is has been refurbed!
SAM
January 25, 2006 03:32PM
How far is no nos
January 25, 2006 04:07PM
not far just the next village, i don't know exactly how much by taxi but not much.
January 25, 2006 05:03PM
Will probably be about 5-6 euros in taxi.
I heard about No No's but never went and the other I knew about was Babylon but not sure if still there and never heard great reviews.
Best make a night of it and head to Kalithea.
Chloe Shaw
Halkidiki - Grecotel Pella Beach
April 12, 2006 07:03PM
Hi,

We are staying at this hotel in May for 2 weeks, can you tell me anymore about the hotel or area?

Thanks
vy
gerakini-hotel Estell ?
May 13, 2006 09:31PM
Hi,
Does anyone knows hotel Estell in Gerakini?
and WHERE SUPERMARKETS/MARKETS ARE there ?
mark and helen
Re: hanioti
July 08, 2006 11:14AM
hi yes its about 75 to 85 and its the best time to go, were are you staying, if i can give you a tip, go and eat at the kassandra roof garden, its owned by a friend, nicos and his brother saki owns the fish resturant next door, also the lesse bistro is very nice,enjoy.
Pasq
Any advice please..?
July 12, 2006 03:19PM
Hello

I am looking at visiting Hanioti in July for 1 week with 2 other male friends,never been here before i wanted to find out what type of nationality visited here.?I am looking for somewhere to have fun(not to mad though..!) meet other groups of girls,visit places of interest and take in the culture.

Am i looking at the right place...?

Any advice on this would be appreciated.
fg
question
July 13, 2006 06:46PM
i am considering going to Hanioti with my wife and ym son(15). is it a good place for families as from what i read it sounds like quite alot of clubs. i dont have anything against clubs but if there are too many, and they're noisy then...
thanks for the advice!!!!!
chez
July 13, 2006 09:59PM
hi all ive just got back from hanioti today only afew hours actually (am already missing the place) and it was one of our best holidays. Hanioti is one of the safest places we've been to abroad and would reccommend it to couples and families. There is a main square with little side streets which is full of places to eat and drink. This place is not rowdy at all and most of the square consists of restaurants with afew bars to relax in after your meal. While we was there we never saw any crowds of young people being rowdy and drunk like we have at other places. Hope this helps you make up your mind.........
angie shore
Re: scooter hire in hanioti
July 27, 2006 08:17PM
Alex Wrote:does anyone know where we can hire a scooter and roughly what it costs? we're going next week
-------------------------------------------------------
> Excellent choice, have been going there for the
> last couple of years and had lots of fun, Stayed
> at the Angelo, well equipped room surrounding a
> pool with a huge projector screen over the bar,
> surprisingly quiet gardens, quite close to the
> main drag, however very well situated for the
> Square. approx 8 min walk to the square, closest
> super market approx 4min next to Amethystos, great
> bar, great food. Also stayed at Daphne, alittle
> further out across the main drag from the town,
> very quiet. excellent views of the town and on a
> clear day/night you can see across to the next
> penninsula.
>
> Planning to stay at the Tropical next time as we
> got talking to some people who stayed there and
> met up with them a few times, Stakis who runs the
> place is a great laugh, the bars a little small
> but the atmosphere in there was brilliant.
> Overall staying in Hanioti is easy it doesn't
> matter who you are the place will meet with your
> requirements, the beach goes on forever, the sea
> is warm and clear, great for snorkelling, water
> sports aplenty.
>
> The town has restuarants to suit every taste and
> budget, pick the right one and you can be paying
> as little as 90 cents for your beer. Going back to
> the Waikiki coment, We can vouch for that had some
> great evenings in there. Went too early in the
> season last time and the nights had a little chill
> to them but this bar had a lovely open fire and
> after a few of the lethal cocktails they offer we
> were warm enough.
>
> If your planning to hire a scooter, there's a shop
> on the square that is very resonable, also you
> don't have to travel on the main drag as there is
> a back road that links Pefkoria, Hanioti &
> Polichono, You can walk and it only takes about 30
> - 40 mins from Hanoti to Pefkoria, but pick a cool
> time of day as this road is one hell of a sun
> trap.
>
> Hope to see some of you there someday.

Jo
Re: Fires at hanioti
August 23, 2006 12:37PM
We are dut to visit Hanioti 31st aug 06
Does anyone have any idea what the town is now like after the fires?
any advice would be great
we are affraid its going to be awful when we get there
Leigh
August 24, 2006 04:02AM
I would just like to inform anybody that is about to depart for their holidays to Halkidiki that there is no danger and don't be put off coming.

Was it bad? Yes it was.

Is it a disaster? No it isn't. Everybody WAS running scared wondering whether they WERE in danger, if their homes/businesses/cars were on fire andif they would ever recover from such terrible events.

How are things now? The effort of the locals to restore order and normality has been outstanding. Everybody taking part in their own little clean up operations. After a meeting with the local shop owners, everybody is converging on the square at 7AM to clean up any remaining damage or anything affected by the smoke and ash, not fire. I can count on one hand how many hours sleep my wife has had in the last 3 days. Many of the villagers risked their own lives keeing Hanioti village the beautiful and safe holiday destination that it was and still is. We owe them a debt of gratitude. The very night after the main fire, as soon as we had electricity and water, we were open. The next night, everything was open. So things are pretty good considering....

What about the smoke and ash? Yes the last few days have been affected by smoke but every day gets better and better. A little smoke was to be expected as thousands of square metres of countryside went up in flames. The ash, well, nothing a good hosing or sweeping hasn't sorted.

I am speaking for Hanioti but I am sure this is being repeated up and down the peninsular by other villages.

So, if you are planning to visit, there is a friendly welcome waiting for you and please dont abandon us for the sake of a lot of exaggeration and sacremongering.

Leigh & Eleni

The Hot Goblin
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login