Just back from Hanioti

Just back from Hanioti

Posted by Wendy 
kate
Re:Natasha Studios, Hanioti
May 12, 2004 06:47PM
Hiya,

Can anyone help me please????

Ive booked a honeymoon the the natashe studios today and cannot find any info. Does anyone know them or has anyone even stayed there?
Going June 14th, what the weather like and is it really noisey or quiet?

Please help..........a panicking bride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jaki
May 13, 2004 12:28PM
Hi
My boyfriend and I stayed in the Natasha apartments last year. Ours was one bedroomed, and quite small, yet clean.

The location was perfect for everything. Two mins from beach, and the same for the main square of bars.

The apartments never had a pool but the beach and watersports were so close anyway.

So all in all you've made a good choice!
john
May 13, 2004 12:33PM
yeah i know where they are! in hanioti
Janet Evison
Re:Roupel Hanioti
May 15, 2004 12:31AM
Hi

I have never stayed at the above but it is very well placed, just round the corner from a good supermarket, the Old Tavern is just at the end of the street and the beach is only a short distance.

Have at good one!
john
Re:lesse studios hanioti
May 16, 2004 04:18PM
hi

As anyone stayed in lesse studios because me and my family are planing to stay there next year. Is that a good choice.
john
Re:lesse studios hanioti
May 16, 2004 04:19PM
hi

As anyone stayed in lesse studios because me and my family are planing to stay there next year. Is that a good choice.
DEB
Re: hanioti
June 02, 2004 08:32AM
Hi

HAS ANYONE GOT ANY TIPS ON SELF CATERING, WHERE SUPERMARKETS/MARKETS ARE

DO WE NEED TO TAKE OUR OWN BATH TOWELS OR ARE THEY PROVIDED
Andy
July 11, 2004 03:21PM
Hi
am going to Hanioti end of september,can anyone tell me what the weather is likely to be
Claire
July 11, 2004 06:51PM
Deb
I'm sure that all hotels are different but I was advised to take my own bath towels as the ones in Greece can be very small and thin. I’m going to take my own and use the ones supplied as bath mats. Hope this helps you. Apparently there is a big supermarket in Hanioti but i'm afraid i'm not quite sure where it is situated. Can anyone else help here?
Claire
Nigel
July 12, 2004 05:22PM
The big supermarket is on the main road and you can get everything you want.

There is also a small supermarket in the square as well as two handy sized ones on the from the square towards "The Old Tavern" but the one on the main road is about the best. ( It's about 2 mins from the Vicky Apartments, you can actually see it from the balcony at the Vicky)

Cheers

Nige
Alex
Re: Hanioti
January 15, 2006 11:39AM
Excellent choice, have been going there for the last couple of years and had lots of fun, Stayed at the Angelo, well equipped room surrounding a pool with a huge projector screen over the bar, surprisingly quiet gardens, quite close to the main drag, however very well situated for the Square. approx 8 min walk to the square, closest super market approx 4min next to Amethystos, great bar, great food. Also stayed at Daphne, alittle further out across the main drag from the town, very quiet. excellent views of the town and on a clear day/night you can see across to the next penninsula.

Planning to stay at the Tropical next time as we got talking to some people who stayed there and met up with them a few times, Stakis who runs the place is a great laugh, the bars a little small but the atmosphere in there was brilliant.
Overall staying in Hanioti is easy it doesn't matter who you are the place will meet with your requirements, the beach goes on forever, the sea is warm and clear, great for snorkelling, water sports aplenty.

The town has restuarants to suit every taste and budget, pick the right one and you can be paying as little as 90 cents for your beer. Going back to the Waikiki coment, We can vouch for that had some great evenings in there. Went too early in the season last time and the nights had a little chill to them but this bar had a lovely open fire and after a few of the lethal cocktails they offer we were warm enough.

If your planning to hire a scooter, there's a shop on the square that is very resonable, also you don't have to travel on the main drag as there is a back road that links Pefkoria, Hanioti & Polichono, You can walk and it only takes about 30 - 40 mins from Hanoti to Pefkoria, but pick a cool time of day as this road is one hell of a sun trap.

Hope to see some of you there someday.
Sam
Re: Just back from Hanioti
January 16, 2006 03:54PM
How much would a taxi be to kalathea? and are they reliable?thanks
Alex
January 17, 2006 05:01PM
Taxi's are cheap and frequent ask your accom to arrange it for you.
sam
January 17, 2006 06:48PM
i only want to go there for a night out..would they be easy to get around 3 in the morn?thanks
Alex
January 18, 2006 09:35AM
It's very much like the UK if your at a club there should be cabs available. we never had a problem. but the furthest we were at night was Pefkoria.
January 18, 2006 04:28PM
Coming out the clubs at 3am can make it hard to get a cab, if in the town may not be such a problem but the clubs can take a while as so many people trying. Best is to get a phone number, they speak English, call them once out and they will give you a number, just look out for that cab number and get in. Height of the summer you will get one. They are limited start and end of season.

Taxi from Hanioti to Kalithea will be anything from 6-8 euros, shouldn't be much more.
sam
January 18, 2006 05:09PM
orite.thanks alex and anon for your help! im going july 17th! i cant wait! i love hanitoi square...but i love dancing so thats why i wondered about kalathea!
January 18, 2006 05:12PM
The clubs are fab. my fave is AHOY, was still there summer just gone, the other was Privilege but it's changed names now. But all are great. The Greeks don't tend to get there til really late, like 1:00am. July will be busy so will be great atmosphere.
sam
January 18, 2006 08:35PM
sounds great! do you have to pay entrance fee? and do you need i.d? would you say it would be ok to leave bout 2.30 would that be safe getting a cab? what time would you say go there? thanks are you male or female?
January 19, 2006 04:51PM
Yeah there was when I went, about 10 euros and then once inside drinks were 10 euros for every drink, alcoholic or not so best to have a few before you go in. It's not cheap but great fun.

There is a line of bars right by all the clubs so can have a few in there then head over, we used to go in around 12ish but the greeks leave it til later but you can go in earlier.
Should be fine getting taxi at 2:30am. There will be loads of people around and as long as you are careful on the roadside cause can be pretty mad and also make sure you get into a marked taxi, not just any old car you will be ok. People will offer lifts but not good idea if nota marked taxi.
I'm female, I had many a good nights in the clubs in my time there, just dancing and taking in the great atmosphere, highly recomend it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login