The Old Tavern, Hanioti

The Old Tavern, Hanioti

Posted by Amanda 
Re: The Old Tavern, Hanioti
June 11, 2006 09:06AM
I can't wait for my bread and Greek Salad ! We too used to live over there for 9 months of the year, for three years. Hope to do it again very soon, probably next year.

We love sitting around a table eating and debating, part of the holiday.

Jane (half Greek, my dad's family were from Chios although he was born in London)
JohnCole
June 11, 2006 09:23AM
Hi Amanda.
see what jo's done to me. now i cant stop writing to people and putting them right.
don't worry about bad press,
look at all the bad things people say about Yanni and he's my best mate. i always make my own mind up as to where and what i'm going to do on holiday.
i love you all
and can't wait to be back home
john
June 11, 2006 10:08AM

Hi John or Gianni !!
I would love to meet you to in July!!
I do run a restaurant, for the last 27 Years, the ‘AKROPOLIS’ in the small village of Kriopigi
a few km from Hanioti.
Deanos from Paralio is a also a friend of mine too !!
Let me know when you are in Hanioti. and you are already invited for more Greek Food in my Restaurant.
WITH AS MUCH AS WINE YOU CAN DRINK FOR FREE !!! (the BREAD IS FREE AS WELL!!)
Have a safe journey and a happy Holiday in Greece
Have a look at www.kriopigi.net
Best Regards
Sakis 100% Greek !!

amanda
June 11, 2006 10:14AM
Just read all the comments!

Jojo - no problem at all - its good that you ask so it gives me a chance to reply.
Im glad you enjoyed your holiday here and hope you come and visit Halkidiki again!

Jane - thanks for your comments - its nice when its someone else who can also clarify what im trying to say - even if i dont know you! Hope you pop in some time when you are over - even just to say hi!! I read your comments a lot on the forum.

Sakis - i know where you are coming from with the deserts!! Totally my favourite part of the meal.

John - lovely to hear you and Jo and ready to come back over - be really lovely to see you all - and thanks for your support!! Your house is ready and waiting for you - can you hear it calling you??!
chez
June 13, 2006 08:08PM
hi everyone!! me and my husband are coming out there on 6th july for our first time so we cant wait...... is there anywhere that will be showing football as the world cup will still be on?? c u all soon.
June 14, 2006 06:36AM

Just about everywhere
JoJo
June 14, 2006 06:33PM
(For John Cole) actually we ate the local dishes and dont drink !!!
So you couldn't be more wrong about us if you tried.!!
CHEZ
June 14, 2006 07:36PM

THANKS FOR THAT JOANNE, WHEN WE COME OUT WE ARE STAYING AT THE CALYPSO APARTMENTS DO YOU KNOW WHAT THEY ARE LIKE AND ARE THEY FAR FROM THE OLD TAVERN AND OTHER BARS? THANKS IN ADVANCE
di james
June 14, 2006 11:04PM
Can you tell us any thing about chrousso village in paliouri. Are we close enough to come into see you.How far is hanioti from paliouri. I have never been to halkidiki, am really looking forward to it.
June 15, 2006 06:11AM

Di
got to next page where you will see lots of info on Chrousso
June 15, 2006 06:14AM

Di
Ignore that and look below
di james
June 15, 2006 10:15AM
Joanne, dont worry jos comments havent put me off, we will certainly pop in whilst we are on holiday.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.