Pallini Town Hall Wedding

Posted by Tracey 
May 16, 2006 09:18PM
Hi could anyone please help.

We are coming over to Halkidiki in August to attend a friends wedding - we are staying in Pefakori(not sure that is the correct spelling) and the wedding ceremony is taking place at Pallini town hall. Could anyone let us know how far away from Pefakori this is and does anyone by any chance have any photos of the town hall they can send me as my friend has not got a clue what the place looks like.

Also we would like any recommendations of a traditional greek taverna that would accommodate 20 people for a wedding party gathering after the ceremony in the Pefakori vicinity.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Kind regards

Tracey
Jane
Re: Pallini Town Hall Wedding
May 16, 2006 09:58PM
Hi there not sure on locations, but I do know after living over in Halkidiki for three years, and visiting for over 30 years, that the VILLAS STASA in LOUTRA is a really nice traditional Greek taverna which caters for large events. It has a lovely outlook over the sea and really good food. Not sure about language difficulties though, we speak Greek and they appear to speak little English. But I do recommend the place, area, and food. It is approx (can't say exactly) 10 miles or less from Pefkhori.

Hope this helps a little.
I do have an address and telephone number for the taverna if you are interested and I am visiting on 15 June for 3 weeks so could find out some more for you if you want.

Jane
May 16, 2006 11:35PM
Hi,the distance from pefkohori to pallini beach hotel is 15 km.
I believe that the best place after the wedding is afitos .Is a small traditional village with very good tavernas .One of them is on the rock of afitos and the name is "sea view"
This village is only 5 minutes from pallini.(5 km)
See you in august....

www.taxihalkidiki.eu
Anastasia
May 19, 2006 06:44AM
Hey Tracey,

Pallini town hall is situated in Hanioti, which is approx. 5 kilometres from Pefkohori.
It is a new building, quite nice , with nice surrunding for photo taking.
Taxihalkidiki has misunderstood,Pallini Beach is a hotel in Kallithea,far from where you will be.
Anyway, there are nice places in Hanioti and in Pefkohori for a wedding ceremony, the best thing to do is to visit them while you will be here and arrange everything in Greece.

I hope I did help you.
Anastasia
May 19, 2006 04:44PM
thank you very much for the info Anastasia very helpful - can you suggest any good tavernas that overlook the beach that might accommodate a wedding party of say 20.

Thanks once again

Tracey
Zoe
July 28, 2006 07:57PM
Hi

We have just returned from Hanioti, stayed at the Dionysos studios this is the 2nd time we have stayed there & we think it is great. We would like to get married in Hanioti Town Hall in July 2007 while we are on our 2 week holiday, however we dont want to book a "wedding package" through a travel company. Does anyone know how I go about booking the town hall & what paperwork is needed?

Hope to hear from anybody with any useful information.

Kind regards
Zoe
July 29, 2006 06:51PM
Hi Zoe
My partner and I are due to go over to Hanioti at the end of August to be married, we booked the package through First Choice.
With regards to the paperwork that you will need, you'll need photocopies of both you passports, to be signed by a solicitor. You'll also need copies of your full birth certificates and your wedding bands. You then need your Birth certificates and your Bands translated into Greek. You'll also need your passports, birth certificates and bands legalized by the Greek Consulate, Your paper work also has to be ok'd by the Foreign Office in London. All of which can cost alot of money.
We were advised that the bands need to be done within 3 mth of the wedding (tricky as we don't have an exact date for ours until we land) and then you have a little running around to do to get the paperwork side sorted.
We recieved a lot of help from Mr & Mrs Bentham, Mrs Antigone Bentham does the translating and her husband (Graeme) does all the leg work going to and from the embassy's, the price they charge for this is also very reasonable and they keep you well informed. Their contact addy is antigonebentham@hotmail.co.uk there are other people who do this kind of thing but they called us straight away when we contacted them and gave us lots of useful advise.
One other thing to note will be that when you have your bands done they must say "Municipality of Pallini, Halkidiki, Greece" as the place of ceremony.
Sorry but i wouldn't know the first thing about organising a wedding out there myself. things were bad enough when we were looking to get hitched over here.
Well Good luck with everything and i hope that if you do manage to do everything by yourselves you'll treat us all to the saga and hand out the advise to all the others planning to get wed in Halkidiki.
August 03, 2006 10:21AM
Just to let you know that we've had all our paper work back, the whole thing took around 7 days. A lot less than if we'd had to do all the running around ourselves, especially when you read that there has been a back log of postal applications at the Foreign Office.

We'll be over there within a month now. Better abuse my bachelorhood while i've still got it.
Louise
September 21, 2006 11:48AM
Hi Zoe,

We're doing the same as you; the paperwork is quite easy to sort out yourself and the tour companies charge an arm and a leg for it, with some flowers and a car!

We've just got back from Polichrono, where we've been sorting out our wedding in Sept '07...

Rita, the registrar at Hanioti town hall is extremely helpful, as is Antigone Bentham. You can reach Rita at dimotologia@pallini.gr She will want all the documents to check through for you well before you leave for Greece and you can book a 2007 date with her in the new year.

I may be speaking too soon, but after the nightmare we thought it was going to be to do it all ourselves, it seems to be going very smoothly!!!!
September 21, 2006 06:45PM
unfortunately did our wedding over in the uk (many moons ago!)

but would love to celebrate our twentieth anniversary by renewing our wedding vows in halkidiki, preferably in or around pefkohori

any suggestions or experiences shared would be be great

andy & eleni
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login