HELP NEEDED FOR ORPHAN KITTENS

Posted by DEBBIE 
DEBBIE
April 06, 2006 06:03PM
Hi CAN ANYONE HELP I FOUND KITTENS IN THE RUBBISH BIN, AND THEY ARE A DAY OLD DO SOMEONE KNOW ANY MILK FORMULARS ?..
Jane
Re: HELP NEEDED FOR ORPHAN KITTENS
April 06, 2006 06:39PM
Oh dear, I am sorry I have no idea. If they are only a day old I would not expect they will survive without their mothers milk though. Who on earth can do something like this to something so helpless, it makes me seethe with anger.

I can only suggest you look around the area where you found them (where was it by the way) and see if you can see their mother full of milk. Otherwise, is there a vet nearby?

Sorry I am not out there to help out in some way, all the best.

Jane

debbie
April 06, 2006 06:49PM
Hi Jane , thanks for your reply i have had a few people looking out for the mum with us and to no luck, yes its a horrible way to end a life in a plastic bag, thrown into the rubbish bin. Iam very angree to even think how nasty some people can be , to an helpless kitten but there we are! by the way i found them in Kriopigi.. will check out the internet for feeding cats thanks again debbie
Jane
April 06, 2006 06:57PM
Good Luck ! Kriopigi is our stamping ground really, we are frineds of Morfy and Sakis. I hope they survive, how many are there? Poor little mites, good job there are people like you still over there to look out for them.

We hope to come back over long term perhaps next year and I can see I will be spending most of my time helping dogs and cats to have a better life !

Let me know any good news, not so sure about bad !

Jane
Lyn
April 06, 2006 11:45PM
There is a forum called Cat Chat and another called The Hovel Pet Rescue. There are loads of people on there who can give you really good advice. Good Luck.
debbie
April 07, 2006 07:46AM
Thanks lyn will have a look on that they are in a much better way this morning didnt think they would had seen the night out really but seem to warmer and they ate!
debbie
April 07, 2006 08:00AM
Thanks Jane will keep you posted on their news, they have feed the formular i found on a web site every 2 hours so i'm pleased with that ,their body temp has come back to normal, as you say i think all they need now is a little good luck on their side..yes i know your friends well i eat there very often. I think you'll be kept busy if you do come back and help animals , must say there are a lot of nice kind Greek people here who do take care , but just a few more thoughts and a bit more help before putting them out would be better dont you think Jane ! Debbie
Jane
April 07, 2006 08:06AM
Good news Debbie, keep up the good work and good luck. Lets hope at least some of them survive.

Give our love to Morfy and Sakis, I spoke to her a few days ago. She is very keen for us to come over long term again, she was quite upset when we had to come home after three years.

Once we can sort out our rental place, and get some money together, we will be back long stay. Hopefully next year, but will have to see how savings go. I am taking a TEFL course so I can teach English and my husband builds and mends computers, so lets hope we can make just a little money, enough to feed ourselves. That would be great.

We are over in June, so may see you at Morfys as we have to check in every day ! You know what it is like, and we do love to see them and their family.

Glad to hear there are some kind Greek people about, I was sure there would be. It is just the few idiots who give everyone a bad name, happens the world over in all sorts of ways.

Do you know the lady up in the old village square who helps dogs? And most importantly of all, have you signed the petition shown on this newsgroup to help Rebecca in Poligiros who is having terrible trouble at the moment helping animals.

Bye for now, and keep me updated on kitten news.

Have a good day

Jane
debbie
April 07, 2006 08:24AM
Will pass on your regards to Morfy and Saki when i see them , gosh think you'll do well we need a computer tech around , they are so busy . Yes have worked with Anna she helped on a cat i have got now funny enough he was in a bad way then and is huge now .he has a good life you can see him on here in kerrys photos Jerry. It would be nice to meet you in June let me now ,Bye Jane you have a good one too! Debbie
kerrie
April 07, 2006 02:33PM
Hi Debbie,
i havent been on for few days and just i have just seen about kittens. how are they doing? i do a lot with local animal welfare organisations and rescue a lot of animals myself. thank god you found them. after reading some of the things on this site i feel like going back out to Halkidiki to try to help in some way. i would love to help in some way if i could. in next couple of years i am hoping to have settled in Halkidiki with my son. so who knows! good luck with the kittens x
Jane
April 07, 2006 05:12PM
Debbie, can you elaborate a bit on the computer tech bit! Thatis the one thing my husband is worried about, not finding any work with computers. Do you know a lot of British people that need help with computers etc., he is not so sure about doing anything with Greek machines as he cannot speak or read Greek. I can, but it would take me a while to get back up to speed on my Greek anyway after four years "away".

What sort of service do people get at the moment. Is there someone local or do you have to get someone from Moudania? I think if he felt there was scope for work (not necesarily a lot of work, just enough to feed us bearing in mind he will lose all his UK customers once he leaves for more than a month or so) I might just get him over there long term a bit quicker!

Thanks for any suggestions or recommendations. The next step would then be finding a wholesaler or similar in Thessaloniki, but he can work on that when we come over this year.

Would be nice to meet you. Kerry is coming over same time as us. She lives about ten miles away from us in UK, and came into my shop once. We promised to get together last year as we were both over there at the same time, but it just never seemed we were in the same place at the same time ! We are going to try again this year ! We always go to Morfys and Sakis each day, and most nights we end up there for a last drink with them. Sometimes I even get to help them out on busy nights !! as a crepe mixer (although I think I am a good mixer!)....

Cheers, how are kitkats going on?
Debbie
April 08, 2006 09:00AM
Hi Jane, I run a small internet cafe and trying to get the technician in to fix or see to them is a huge deal ,sometimes it can take up to 2 weeks for him to come even! so trade wise i think your husband would be ok,but as you say knowledge of Greek language would be a problem for Greek machines . No trouble finding wholesalers in Thessaloniki,there are plenty around and there are all the large stores now with good deals. Sorry i dont know many expats with British computers .Yes if you are coming in june Kerry will be here too shes staying with us, fancy you live so close to each other! well i'd best to go its feeding time bye Debbie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login