Cheers Bar - Kriopigi

Cheers Bar - Kriopigi

Posted by Dena 
Dena
Cheers Bar - Kriopigi
July 23, 2003 11:14AM
I have to say that I would not give any of my money to that bar as the guy who worked there was not a nice person at all. I heard various stories of him kicking the little puppy and treating it really mean. He called the puppy Adolf Hilter. The puppy is nothing like his name. He was such a cute puppy. I did visit the bar but was not able to get served as the man was too busy dancing around with a blow up doll showing off to some girls and trying to impress. Well he was not impressing the people at the bar and we finally left not having been served. On the night that I was leaving at 1:20 am we were all waiting to catch our bus and along came the puppy following 2 Greek boys. The puppy was limping and when he got to us we realised that he was from the Cheers bar. When we bent down to pick him up he screamed out. He was in pain. I was then informed that that day he had been stepped on by a Greek man! This is appalling that someone could let this happen. We instructed the boys to take return the dog to the pub (as the main road is very busy) not that we wanted to but as we were leaving and the bus was due to arrive there was little that we could do. I left and was so upset that this dog was left in the hands of such a cruel person. Why has he got this puppy? He is an English man to. One day if the puppy manages to live to becoming an adult he might turn on the man and then he will have it destroyed but it will be his fault for the way he has treated it. This dog does not deserve the life that he has and I wish that someone could do something about it. It breaks my heart to see a defenceless animal being treated badly.
kerry
Re: Cheers Bar - Kriopigi
July 24, 2003 02:21PM
I know exactly what you mean but to be honest although there are a lot of people there who have pets & treat them very well it is a sad fact that Greece (as most other European countries) is not a nation of animal lovers as we are & it's highly unlikely that the poor pup will make it to adulthood,sorry if this is upsetting but it's true.I know the man you mean(not to speak to) as i have worked in Halkidiki & him & his bar have quite a reputation,i'm surprised it's still going to be honest but i don't suppose it's fair to judge people without knowing them properly i just take it on what i've heard & i'm sorry to say that what i've heard(& seen) isn't very good! I hope the experience hasn't put you off going to Halkidiki again as it really is a beautiful place but i don't think much can be done about what you saw!
sakis
July 24, 2003 03:40PM
What do you mean by saying Greece is not a nation of animal lovers?
What kind of lovers-- do you know-- Greeks are?
We do love animals my dear,ALL KIND !!
Sakis
kerry
July 24, 2003 05:40PM
O.k fair point but if you read it again you will notice i have put a lot of people do have them & treat them very well but in all my years visiting Greece i have seen animals abandoned,tied to trees in the middle of nowhere etc,yes it happens here too but at least here the people who treat them badly get into serious trouble for it,is there anywhere to take these animals on Halkidiki?I'm sorry if it offended,it wasn't meant to & as for the other kind of lovers then yes i know very well thank you!Sorry again Sakis.
sakis
July 24, 2003 09:55PM
My point of view is simple:
Why do you blame the Greeks for not looking after their animals, when the
person treating the puppy really mean as you've posted is an
ENGLISH man!!! ???
Sakis
kerry
July 25, 2003 05:56AM
I've had enough of this,all i did was reply to a post from someone who was very upset about what she saw,i am not blaming Greeks specifically(which you would know if you read my posts correctly) I based my reply on what i've seen in the past & also some very bad press reports that have been written so go & have a go at the newspapers not me! I'm entitled to my opinion (as we all are) & i gave it & i appologised if it offended end of story!
Thoroughly amused
July 26, 2003 05:54PM
DING DING!! Round 3??? LOL
kerry
July 27, 2003 06:17AM
Hahaha yeah it was getting a bit like that wasn't it?Never been told off in cyber space before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DAVIE MOYES
July 29, 2003 11:14PM
THERES ONLY ONE WAYNE ROONEY . I LOVE MY EVERTON!!!!!!
sue
July 31, 2003 05:15PM
Just to let you know that the guy that has this bas is ENGLISH
kerry
August 04, 2003 07:14AM
i know!
Aimee
August 05, 2003 02:07PM
Well I sure as hell aint going anywhere near this bar/pub when im in Halkidiki next week... that guy sounds like a right a*se... id very much like to go and rescue that poor wee puppy tho and take him back home to Scotland with me...

I could always go to the bar wearing some killer heels and give the guy a good kick in the shins lol
lynda!!
October 15, 2003 06:53PM
ive just checked out ur mail, about the cheers bar
I worked in kryopigi in the flavours restaurant over the summer and i know that u really dont want 2 hear this but, when i got there at the start of the summer adolfs mother was so thin that she couldnt even stand up then she put on weight................ only 2 give birth 2 six unwanted puppies. As soon as i saw them i started feeding her 3 times a day with scraps from the restaurant. I left greece in september and adolf and his mother millie were in very good health but i knew that it would change as soon as i left. dogs in greece in summer only get fed once every about 3 days and over the winter get poisoned even if they arent stray. Im a animal lover 2 and it made me sick 2 see adolf and millie treated the way they were, and probably are still. Ian (who owned the cheers bar) dosent have a very good reputation and apperently went 2 prison for drink and drug offences for a short time during sept. He had his 50th in my m8 restaurant and he was a total nob thats all i have 2 say on the matter
lynda!!
October 16, 2003 07:11PM
Maybe its time u woke up ian!!
jez
January 18, 2004 03:46PM
lynda
do ian and terrie still own cheers, we ave been to kriopigi 2 years running
stayed in the alkion,we were there when stu bought flavas, going back this year did u meet linda from oldham, say a big hello to stu 4 us
all the best jez
Mr fryatt
March 25, 2013 09:29PM
Does Ian still own the cheers bar as had a great time up there was a right laugh but that was manym years ago and wouldn't mind going back there can anyone let me no cheers peeps
Halkidiki Lover
March 26, 2013 09:58AM
Cheers - gone a long time ago.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login