Sani Resort

Sani Resort

Posted by Margaret 
Margaret
Sani Resort
July 20, 2005 08:15PM
has anyone been to Sani Resort, we have 2 children age 7 and 4 will we enjoy it? It looks o.k
Sarah
Re: Sani Resort
July 20, 2005 08:17PM
Hi there, we stayed at the Oceania for 2 weeks but took a trip through to Sani. It is not ok - it is absolutely gorgeous!! You're in for a treat!
Margaret
July 20, 2005 08:24PM
Thanks really appreciate your comment has made me feel quite excited!
bullit
July 21, 2005 10:42AM
I'm just back from two weeks at Porto Sani Village and had a fantastic holiday!

Of the four hotels at Sani this offers the best combination of proper 5* luxury, great food, good value and is very family friendly. Whilst at Sani we also visited the other three hotels San Asterias Suites, Sani Beach Club and Sani Beach Hotel.

San Asterias Suites are exactly twice the cost of Porto Sani Village and in my opinion are simply not worth the additional cost especially for a family holiday. Also I would steer well clear of the Beach Club and the Beach Hotel which we visited and were "Chav Central!"

Porto Sani Village was full during our stay but did not feel full or crowded. We did not experience any of the usual problems of obtaining sunbeds either by the pool or on the beach which you could normally get at any time of day without having to reserve first - this is in complete contrast to the Beach Club and Beach Hotel which we visited at around 9.30am and it would have been impossible to obtain a bed either on the beach or by the pool. Additionally sunbeds are for adults only at the other hotels whereas all the family can have one at Porto Sani Village. You have your own section of beach reserved for guests of Porto Sani Village and San Asteris Suites which is well spaced out and has waiter service etc - the other beaches reminded me of battery hens!

Also I would definitley choose bed and breakfast as opposed to half board. Whilst half board guests can take advantage of the Dine Around scheme this only gives them a voucher towards the cost of the meal which is less than the half board rate. Additionally the Dine Around scheme excludes some restaurants such as Alexis which is a great inexpensive Taverna where we had some fantastic meals for around £10 a head.

The quality of the rooms at Porto Sani Village were great and the in room DVD player certainly helped to keep our three year old occupied! We had a "Deluxe Suite" which is spacious (around 600 sq ft) and luxurious and included our own private garden with sunbeds etc.

I really can't recommend Porto Sani Village enough and we met other guest s (good international mix) there who returned year after year - apparently they achieve 60% repeat visitors and we will certainly be back!

Any other questions please feel free to ask!
bullit
July 21, 2005 10:49AM
Also forgot to mention that we booked direct with Sani via their website (www.saniresort.gr) and saved a fortune compared to what it would have cost with one of the Uk tour operators - also booking direct includes free taxi transfers to and from Sani.
bullit
July 21, 2005 10:59AM
This review might help - [travel.timesonline.co.uk]
Lynne Baker
July 24, 2005 02:17PM
Want to book the Sani Asterias Suits for late June early July next year, but several people have mentioned cloudy weather,some storms and rain at this time of year. Any problem for you?
bullit
July 25, 2005 07:35AM
We arrived on 25th June and during our two week stay had a couple of overcast days and around three brief showers which lasted an hour or so.

Talking to memberes of staff the weather had been fairly poor earlier in June which I understand is fairly common - hence the price increase towards the end of June!.

Temperature wise most days reached 30c and it stayed warm in the evenings.
Mike
July 29, 2005 07:29PM
"Also I would steer well clear of the Beach Club and the Beach Hotel which we visited and were "Chav Central!"
So are we to assume that unless you are lucky enough to have booked at the Porto Sani Village we needn`t have bothered?
Talk about snobbery !!!
Mike
July 29, 2005 07:32PM
"Any other questions please feel free to ask!"

No thanks, with reviews like yours I would rather not - I`ll just go along for my holiday at the Beach Club next week and make my own mind up.
Olga & Alex
July 29, 2005 09:10PM
Hello, bullit!
We were very intrigued by the information about Sani Resort and by many enthusiastic reviews on these hotels. We also would like to follow your advise and book bed and breakfast to be able to dine in the harbour. But it turned out to be rather complicated to imagine the average prices rate in these restaurants. We would be very greatful if you can impart this information with us. Thank you,
Olga & Alex
Olga & Alex
July 29, 2005 09:12PM
Hello, bullit!
We were very intrigued by the information about Sani Resort and by many enthusiastic reviews on these hotels. We also would like to follow your advise and book bed and breakfast to be able to dine in the harbour. But it turned out to be rather complicated to imagine the average prices rate in these restaurants. We would be very greatful if you can impart this information with us. Thank you,
Olga & Alex
bullit
August 01, 2005 10:12AM
Mike, the original poster of this thread asked “has anyone been to Sani Resort?” – I have just returned and felt qualified to comment and am happy to share my views – I am not criticising the Beach Club or Hotel, but the fact is they are not in the same league as Porto Sani Village or San Asterias Suites.

I’m assuming this is you have not been to Sani (why else book the Beach Club!) and therefore you cannot make any sensible contribution to this thread. I am sure you will feel at home at The Beach Club just don’t forget your Burberry baseball cap and England football shirt! You can leave the ASBO at home!

Before booking our holiday I spent some time looking at the online reviews so I could make an informed decision – let me quote from this online review:
[www.thisistravel.co.uk]

“And when we inadvertently stumbled into the Sani Beach Hotel's poolside restaurant for our first lunch and sat amid a profusion of tattooed beer-bellies, you could have been forgiven for thinking you were in Palma airport!.”

Speaks for itself really………………
bullit
August 01, 2005 10:26AM
Olga & Alex, happy to help, our favourite restaurants were:

Artemis – this is main restaurant at Porto Sani Village and the cost (excluding drinks and tip) is 25 Euros per person. Food here is Sani’s version of fine dining and generally was very good – we probably eat here 7 times during our 14 day stay. Top tip is to book this restaurant at breakfast because it gets booked quickly by the chavs hoping to escape from the Beach Club and Hotel - you can always spot them shuffling into reception, mumbling incoherently after too much booze and sun, wearing thick jeans, too much jewellery and stinking of cheap scent – and this is the men!

Alexis – this is a cheap and cheerful Taverna (cash only), dishes here average around 7 Euros eg grilled Sardines, Kalamari etc. The cost of a meal here excluding drinks and tip was around 30 Euros – good value.

Tomata – this was our favourite restaurant with very good food and service. Starters were around 5 or 7 Euros and main courses 15 Euros or so. Highly recommended.

Have a great holiday – any more questions feel free to ask!
Mike
August 01, 2005 08:27PM
"Before booking our holiday I spent some time looking at the online reviews so I could make an informed decision – let me quote from this online review:
[www.thisistravel.co.uk];

Like you I also took time, as I always do before spending a not inconsiderable sum of money on any holiday, in checking reviews. I do, however, weigh up all reviews because as with everything, there are going to be people for whom nothing is right. I also tend to to rely on reviews that are somewhat less than a year old to get the latest information.
I just rather had the impression from your review that anyone who had booked at any other than Porto Sani Village was either paying well over the odds or was going to the wrong part of Sani. There must be an awful lot of people who have been to Sani lately writing reviews about a totally different one you have visited.
Sarah
August 04, 2005 07:10AM
I stayed at the Sani Beach Hotel in May of this year. I had a fantastic holiday! Staff are fantastic, pool fantastic, fool excellent and entertainment etc really good. all in all a thoroughly enjoyable holiday. The only thing I could possibly criticise was the size of the bedroom, a little on the small side, hey but what does that matter hardly a big enough problem to spoil your holiday. During our stay we did visit the sani beach club and heard that the food there was outstanding!

I would definately consider revisiting the resort!!
stacey
August 11, 2005 11:45AM
hi if youre thinking of going dont think any longer ---just go its amazing! went for a week last year and just booked to go back, my children are 8 and 3, def reccomend to anyone and dont let the price put you off- you dont need much to spend once youre there
Nick Mirams
August 15, 2005 10:48AM
I am off to the Sani resort from the 5th Sep to the 20th! Does anyone knoiw what the weather is like during September in Halkadiki and also can anyone give me their opinion of the hotel and its facilities please.
Martin
August 17, 2005 02:11PM
We returned from a fantastic two weeks in the Sani Beach Hotel on Monday 15th August 2005.

The Hotel states a 4 Star rating, however, I would say that it was really closer to a UK 3 Star as there were no Tea & Coffee making faciliies in the room that you would expect from a standard 4 Star establishment, however they did provide bath-robes.

Having said that, the staff were very friendly, always polite and took a real pleasure in trying to make your stay as relaxing as possible. Especially those that regularly worked at the Ammos Beach Bar i.e Anastacia, Maria, Jana (Prague), Gabriella and Jana (Slovakia).

The evening food in the main Poseidon Restaurant was plentiful, well prepared and varied for all tastes as were the breakfasts served from 0730 am.

We had no young children in our party, so I can not comment on the activities available for them, however they was a kids club for the under 13's and a separate program for the 13 to 16 year olds.

Water-skiing, Banana Boat rides, Ringo's, Pedaloes and Canoes were all available on the main Beach (at extra cost). I strongly recommend the Ringo's, they were great fun, although be prepared to have very stiff muscles for the next couple of days.

Evening entertainment was disappointing to say the least but if you are someone that can make there own entertainment then who cares.

We ate a couple of times in the Marina. Once for lunch at the Psaroyannos Ouzerie and a second time for dinner at Tomata Restaurant. Neither of which particularly impressed. The Ouzerie served a range of local Greek dishes but they were pretty basic and were not very hot.

The meal we had in Tomata, was the worst meal of the entire stay. Considering this restaurant was voted to be in the top 25 restaurants through-out Europe, the service was appalling and the prices were extortionate, e.g. 18 Euros (nearly £13) for 4 average size king prawns or 25 Euros (nearly £18) for a small piece of Swordfish that was not particularly well cooked. Avoid at all costs.
Richard
August 17, 2005 02:47PM
I was one of the people in the same party as Martin.
I go along with all that he has mentioned. The food was excellent value for this class of hotel especially when you compare it to what we got at the marina restaurants.
The staff were exceptional and always had a smile and time for chat. Their willingness to please certainly made for a very welcoming and relaxed environment.
Although we did not have small children in our party, the families that we saw that had them seemed very happy with the holiday, plent for them to do and plenty of friends to make.
If hiring a car try Eurocars, half the price of Hertz. A drive down to the end central peninsular is worth the effort, a suggested route will be available from your rep or reception. Several good photo opportunities on the way. The sani peninsular was rather dissapointing in comparison. Only go to Thesolonikli if you don't mind your relaxing holiday spoilt by a noisy and dusty day with avaerage shops!
Diving and snorkling is to be recommended in the area. If snorkling try going round the headland from the beach side.
In all, a very enjoyable holiday.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login