Sani Resort

Sani Resort

Posted by Cath 
Cath
Sani Resort
May 08, 2011 05:21PM
Hi,

Is anyone going to Sani Resort end of May/start of June 2011? We fly out on 23rd and staying at Sani Beach Hotel!!!! So excited!!!!!! We're actually getting married out there!!!!!! :-)

x
Re: Sani Resort
May 13, 2011 10:55AM
Hi Cath

I replied to you on the "Anyone from UK going to Halkidi" topic but it is getting a little bit full on there and you might not have seen it so I've just seen your thread here and thought I'd reply so we can get a Sani Resort thread going.

You must be getting excited, not long to go now. We go to Sani Beach Hotel on 30th May for a week, so you never know we might see you there but all the best for the big day. Thanks for all the info - we are full board but might also upgrade locally to all inclusive but not sure it's worth it's as it's just me and my 14 year old daughter who obviously won't be drinking (those cocktails sound nice so will still need spending money even if go all inclusive). Did you see the weather forum, looks like it is getting a bit warmer out there. Can't wait. ps I keep checking Trip Advisor for new reviews but no one seems to have gone since the refurb. Sally
Cath
May 15, 2011 05:29PM
Hi Sally,

Will probably see you out there!!!! We fly on 23rd but the wedding isnt til Friday 3rd June!

We're going half board but may consider upgrading. I guess it depends how pricey it is out there. We have all the menus through with us having the wedding and drinks seem VERY expensive. For us though it wont be a drinking holiday so not too bad. We have a 14month old little girl.

Have been checking the weather forecast daily! I think im becoming a bit obsessed with it!!!! Definately seems a lot warmer but it is still cloudy it seems. Just hope it warms up a little bit!!! Fingers crossed.

I believe the hotel is lovely now following the refurb. It definately looks like it will be on the pics. We were going to book the Beach Club but decided against it as it is quite a bit further from the marina.

Have you been before to Sani? We havent but my family have a few years back. I have maps of the resort I can send you if youre interested.

Cheers
Cath
May 15, 2011 07:24PM
Hi Cath

Well we are just going on a normal week's holiday and I'm obsessed with reading the reviews and the weather etc so you must be like Tigger on blue smarties what with the wedding and all. I will keep an eye out for you guys when we get there and be wishing you all the best for the weather etc on the big day.

Travel Advisor just had another review, all looks good but again they mention drinks are expensive.

That's funny as we were originally booked in the Club rather than Hotel but after our Olympia flights were cancelled we moved forward a day and couldn't get back into the Club but people say the pool is better and being nearer the Marina sounds good.

No we haven't been to Sani before but hope we will to want to come back

Best Wishes
Sally
Cath
May 16, 2011 08:59AM
Ha ha!!!! Yeah I am a bit like that! Its getting hotter though. 26 degrees on Sunday so be lovely!!!!! :-) Just as long as it doesnt rain on 3rd June!!!!

Drinks are pricey yeah. Especially in the Sea You bar I think and the Tomata restaurant. Large bottles of water in restaurants are 3EUROS so thats not too bad. House wine for half litre is 8.40Euros, but other wines are like 40Euros a bottle. Glasses of house wine are about 5euros so youre prob better getting half litre! Cocktails are very expensive.

I didnt think the food was too bad. And we're going to take advantage of the dine around programme so we can eat in lots of different places. We're lucky in that my little girl is not a fussy eater and is really good in restaurants so we should be ok in all sorts of places.

Yes ill probably see you there! The beach hotel is about a 5min walk from the marina and its easy. The beach club isnt too far away if you walk along the beach (we will have a pushchair) but not too bad if you go on the paths but takes longer. We just wanted to be close to the hotel in case we needed to keep popping back for things.

I am so excited now! 1 week to go! And still so much to do...........

x
May 16, 2011 03:03PM
Yes I saw the weather report again (on this forum) 26 degrees is more than hot enough for us, and fingers crossed no rain on 3rd June.

I can't see that I am going to be a big drinker at those prices I'm going to have to learn to like the local wine! and a cocktail will be a rare treat.

thanks for all the info, the marina sounds lovely especially at sunset. Best of luck with all the plans and see you out there.

Sallyx
May 19, 2011 05:50PM
we just want a normal week off, I'm addicted to reading the reviews and weather, so you have a blue top like Tigger what is the wedding and all. I will keep an eye out for you when we get there, and wish you every success, weather and other factors on the big day.
Cath
May 20, 2011 10:27AM
Thank you! We fly on Monday! So excited! Weather is definately better the second week of our holiday though and it looks like (according to one weather report) it will be 26degrees and sunny all day on the 3rd June!!!!!! Yippee!!!!

xx
May 20, 2011 01:38PM
Hi Cath

Wishing you a safe journey on Monday and wouldn't that be lovely 26 degress and sunny on 3rd June.

More reviews on tripadvisor, all seem good. I can not get over 40 euros for a bottle of wine, I hope I can tolerate the local stuff, or learn to.

Hi Nicksam too.

Sally
Clarkson
May 20, 2011 10:06PM
nicksam
we just want a normal week off, I'm addicted to reading the reviews and weather, so you have a blue top like Tigger what is the wedding and all. I will keep an eye out for you when we get there, and wish you every success, weather and other factors on the big day.
Clarkson
May 20, 2011 10:13PM
Cath, just seen your post.......we're leaving on Saturday 21st May for a week at the Sani Asterias Suites. We're very excited, and really looking forward to it. (I hope the weather is good, I need a relaxing warm week)

So we'll be there a day or so before you.

I hope all goes well for you.

E & M
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login