Bus stations in Thessaloniki?

Posted by SeW800 
SeW800
July 11, 2010 11:49PM
Hello,

I have a trip in about five days to the Pallini Beach hotel (near Kallithea, Halkidiki). Now, I want to catch a KTEL bus that goes from KTEL Thessaloniki, to the the bus station in Kallithea. My questions are:

1. Does the KTEL bus (from Thessaloniki) go to the Kallithea bus station, or does the trip end somewhere else on Halkidiki?

2. How many bus stations are there in Thessaoloniki? Is KTEL the only one? I have a bus ticket that leaves me at "the" bus station in Thessaloniki, but the ticket does not say if leaves me at the KTEL bus station, or some other station.
SeW800
Re: Bus stations in Thessaloniki?
July 12, 2010 10:51AM
Any help? I don't have much time left until the trip :.
Giorgos
July 12, 2010 12:03PM
Hi,

there are two bus terminals in Thessaloniki.
A lagre one at the west side of the city that covers all the areas of Greece.
The second one is located at te east side of the city and covers only the area of Halkidiki.
If you travel from Halkidiki to Thessaloniki, then your trip will propably end at the second bus terminal.

here is the map of halkidiki's bus terminal

[wikimapia.org]
SeW800
July 12, 2010 01:35PM
Thanks Giorgos!

I've bought a bus ticket from Serbia, so I'm guessing I'll end up in the larger bus station, that is in the west side of the city.

Does that mean that I'll need to get a taxi to the station that covers the Halkidiki area, in order to get a bus to Kallithea?
Giorgos
July 12, 2010 03:47PM
Hi,

I am not sure if there is a bus connecting the two terminals. Ask when you are there. If there is no such connection you sould have to get a taxi.
marja kaptein
July 14, 2010 05:35PM
You can catch the bus from the big busstation in Thessaloniki ( Makedonías), to the airport.
This bus will pass the Halkidiki busstation.

Maria
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login