Is the El Greco Restaurent in Pefkohori open this year 2009

Posted by wattsofbristol 
August 11, 2009 05:19PM
Went to Pefkohori last year 2008 & found the El Greco Restaurant which is at the end of the pier/jetty & it was brilliant. We are thinking of going back this year & would like to know if anyone knows if it is still open this year. Run by Billy & his family.
Re: Is the El Greco Restaurent in Pefkohori open this year 2009
August 12, 2009 11:21AM
hi yes he is still there!!!

when r u thinking of coming back out??
August 12, 2009 12:05PM
What brilliant news, looking to book 31st August but to be fair would only be going back if the El Greco was open.
Do you live there ?
Many Thanks ... Sheila
August 12, 2009 02:58PM
haha i dont blame you its a very nice place.

yes i live here,been here for 6years now but we have just taken over captains resturant.hope u come in and pay us a visit to.we used to work in pauls place in the old square!!!my fiance and billy always end up playing tavli together in the winter!!!lol.

xx
August 12, 2009 03:21PM
Hi again, we did try Paul's for a drink last year a few times but never ventured up there for a meal
in the evening. I was surprised to hear you've taken over Captains Table, I was always under the
assumption that it was a very well established family restaurant !
Maybe if we do manage to book we'll give you a try.
Cheers .... Sheila
August 12, 2009 06:44PM
Have been to captains this year for a meal and cannot recomend it enough, very good service too.
August 12, 2009 10:49PM
aww thanks alan!!

yeh the guy that had it b4 has moved down onto the beach front as he wants to do more fish dishes and more greek so he asked us if we would like to buy it and as we have always wanted our own place and it already had a well established name we thought why not!!!
glad we decided to do it!!

so maybe see you out here soon.
any other questions feel free to ask.

katexx
August 13, 2009 08:45AM
Yes will be out on 24 Sept. so see you soon, Alan and Karen
August 13, 2009 02:56PM
karen ran out of shoes!!Lol.a trip to claudines in order then!!!

where r u staying this time??
August 13, 2009 03:27PM
No but she needs supply for the winter, Hanioti back in Renaissance she always wins in the end. See you soon.
phillip
September 02, 2009 07:52PM
Got back on the 29th August. The El Greco is there and the food was great.
September 04, 2009 10:39AM
hi kate and george..its alan and jane here from liverpool ians mate..hows it goinghope your both doing well ? hows buisness hope its gud..we have just had 2 weeks in thassos town..come back about 2 weeks ago..been like winter here ever since.crap.thassos is brilliant had a great time and its quite busy..you and george should try and get there only a few hours by car and 30 euros on the ferry over.anyway i know your both working hard and hope to see you both next year all the best take care xx
September 04, 2009 03:22PM
hey alan.

all good here,been really busy which is good and loving it,bit tired but only another 6wks to go and then we're going to cyprus for 26days as my mum and dad have an apartment there!!!cant wait just to chill out and george is so knackered so will be really nice for him!!bless.

sounds really nice,been to thassos b4 when i was younger and was great but that is a good idea to look into for next yr!!
yay hope to c u again next yr!!
say hi to kerri and jane for me!!!
bye for nowxx
September 08, 2009 12:27PM
Having read the posts about El Greco on this forum we thought we should try it for ourselves and it was lovely.

We sat at a little table opposite the taverna and watched the world go by.

The food was yummy and Billy even got out his guitar and serenaded us at the end... now you don't get that in London...!
bejay
September 15, 2009 01:46PM
Yes, El Greco was open, and a very nice meal too. Ate one lunch time at Pauls, not impressed at all. Plastic Chips, Huge bagette with a bit of Tuna in, each too his own, but I would not return. Also think the person waiting on could smile, very miserable lady
sonja & sasa
June 03, 2010 11:31AM
Hi there,

We are coming to Pefko on 4th July 2010. Been in Pefko in 2006 and spent nice time in your restaurant. Liked The CAptains food very much. Is it possible to pay in advance breakfast and dinner for 14 days for 4 adults and to get the disscount?

Kind Regards,

Sonja
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login