Posted by alansal 
alansal
5 weeks to go!!
May 17, 2010 05:50AM
5 weeks to go!!
Suitcases down....check
Passports in date....check
Sun creams ready....check
Euros ready....shall I buy them now or leave it till nearer...dilema!!
Holiday clothes ready & ironed (and fit!!).....check
Greek night booked at the Acropolis Sat 4th July....check
East Midlands Airport open.....??????......who knows!

Gosh this years holiday is proving to be a tad too stressful for my liking!

I would be gutted if anything prevented me getting there! Keeping me away from my annual 2 week Greek fix!

Why did I not book a Gatwick flight??!!
Theplasticsman
Re: 5 weeks to go!!
May 17, 2010 04:49PM
Alansal are you flying from east midlands then,we are this yr we normally fly from manchester but the flights from east mids was £80 cheaper.
alansal
May 17, 2010 05:12PM
Yes-we fly from East Midlands-usually fly from Birmingham as Birmingham International is only a 10 minutes drive from home

Instead have overnight stay and 2 weeks parking booked at East Midlands
Theplasticsman
May 17, 2010 05:51PM
Are u the couple that stop at hanioti
May 18, 2010 05:26PM
Yes we also have 5 weeks to go, if we had been flying from Luton yesterday then we would not have been there now, so lets hope things are better by the 21st June.
Also have Greek night booked for the 3rd July.
alansal
May 18, 2010 07:20PM
No-we are stopping in Afitos for 2 weeks at the Achtis-our 2nd visit - we went last year as part of our Silver Wedding celebrations after a 7 day Greek Island cruise. We loved it so much we are going back-this is against our usual holiday plans as we like experiencing different parts of Greece. We will be joined for the 2nd week by our friends who will be coming to the Greek Night with Sakis at the Acropolis!!

The turn in the temperature here in Blighty makes you think of lovely sunny days by the pool or the sea and evenings eating Greek food washed down with Mythos and Retsina!!

Here I go again-wishing my life away!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login