Recommendations, please

Recommendations, pleasesmiling smiley

Posted by Pera 
Pera
Recommendations, pleasesmiling smiley
January 17, 2010 08:27PM
Hi!

I'm planning a Halkidiki-Sithonia holiday this year, last two weeks in June. We are planning to stay at Regis in Neos Marmaras. As we are not your usual "tourist" type, we're interested in discovering as much as we can about local Greek food and beverages, local customs, history etc. Can you recommend good local tavernas, with reasonable prices, places to see and visit? Distanace wouldn't be a problem as we are travelling by car. Thanks in advancesmiling smiley
Re: Recommendations, pleasesmiling smiley
January 19, 2010 10:56AM
Dear Pera hi,

Just in case you didn't search at Halkidiki.com try the links below, you will find info about sightseeing, beaches and maps to get there for most of the places near N.Marmaras .

[www.halkidiki.com]
[www.halkidiki.com]
[www.halkidiki.com]
[www.halkidiki.com]
[www.halkidiki.com]

Annak
Pera
January 20, 2010 07:32PM
Thanks, I already have those in mind, but I would like moresmiling smiley)) Greed is my sinsmiling smiley
January 26, 2010 10:25PM
Hi

We live just outside Halkidiki and one of our favourite Tavernas is in Nea Iraklia, it's situated on the beach and rarely has tourists, the food is great and you can step onto the beach after! It is called Athos taverna. They have a wide selection of fresh fish. Another very nice place to eat is on the beach front of Nea Potidea however this tends to have tourists in season but does not affect the standards of food etc. I have friends who also live here and often go on walks/hikes around halkidiki I will ask them for recommendations of the out of way tavernas and post again!

Jane S
Pera
January 27, 2010 07:27PM
Thank you very muchsmiling smiley
Patricia
January 31, 2010 01:33PM
Hi

You must drive round the peninsular, direction Sart/Sykia. The views are spectacular. When you get to Sykia turn right towards the sea (direction ?5 steps in the sand) and aim for a taverna "Korali" (3rd bay) - superb, fresh food. Then continue on and you will do a full circle to Marmaras. Why are you staying at a hotel and not in a taverna/apartment - much better value!
January 31, 2010 04:00PM
Hi Patricia

Can you recommend any Taverna/appartments around that area then, any help would be appreciated

Steve
Pera
February 01, 2010 10:05AM
Thanks Patriciasmiling smiley

We're staying in hotel, because our tourist agency has very good prices and special deal with my bank. As I was last time in Greece in early '90, I wanted to be sure about accomodations.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login