Sarantis Apartments/Hotel - Hanioti

Posted by adam 
adam
May 13, 2003 11:30AM
My girlfriend and i are goin to the Sarantis apartments in Hanioti on the 18th June for two weeks.. Are any other couples or singles goin around that time??? does anybody know wot these apartments are like and wot activities they have two offer??? As this is my 1st time to Hanioti does anybody know wot the town is like and wot it has to offer???????
Jill
Re: Sarantis Apartments/Hotel - Hanioti
May 16, 2003 06:53AM
Hi Adam,
Have just returned from Sarantis Apartments and could not fault the apartments or town at all !! We went as a couple but older 46.
Rooms - spacious for 2 people, more crowded for 3. Clean, only toaster and 2 rings for cooking - but we ate out except for breakfast.
Pool - chilly this time of year, but clean and jacuzzi was a bonus
3 mins walk to town which spreads both sides of the apartments but was far enough away to block out any noise
6 mins walk to beach which was pebbly/stony/clean but go don't go into sea through seaweed as lots of sea urchins there - fine if you go through clear water. Sea clean, crystal clear and several varieties of fish.
Nice bar in hotel serving v. limited food but all kinds of cocktails etc.
Sarantis family v. friendly, v. proud of hotel, v. quick to deal with any problems - our bathroom door wouldn't shut - dealt with within hour.
Loads of tavernas - didn't see too many late night music bars but weren't really looking and was first week of season.
36 degrees in sun at lunch time but at this time of year cool in shade.
Best kept apartments in area.
Tropical restaurant lovely but more expensive.
Very pretty, typically Greek, lots of little roads to explore with even more tavernas.
Excellent - more young people were arriving as we left and were told very busy and quite noisy in town centre in mid season which you may be pleased about! Enjoy your stay but expect very hot weather.
Jill
ANNA
June 02, 2003 03:51PM
HIA, YOU WILL HAVE A LOVELY TIME AT THESE APARTMENTS, MY SELF BEING THE OLD REP THERE LOVELY FAMILY RUN PROPERTY, AND SEND THEM MY LOVE, MISS THEM AND EVERYTHING ABOUT HALKIDIKI, IF YOU WANT SOME FUN MAKE SURE YOU GO ON THE LAZY CRAZY CRUISE WITH MAD CPT MICHALIS SUPERB DAY JUST BOOK IT WITH YOUR REP.
HAVE FUN ... YOU WILL IM JEALOUS!!!
d cleary
June 05, 2003 10:46AM
THIS HOTEL IS THE DULLEST I HAVE SEEN GETTING BACK TODAY !!!SEE MY TOPIC BEWARE HANIOTI.ALL THE TRIPS RECOMMENDED BY THE REPS WERE MUCH DEARER THAN GOING ALONE!!!DO NOT GET CAUGHT EATING OR DRINKING YOUR OWN FOOD BY THE POOL!!!IF YOU DO NOT EAT THERE CHEESESBURGERS OR TOASTIES (ITS TOUGH!!)WATCH OUT FOR DAMP ROOMS ALSO MAKE SURE THE CLEANERS LOCK YOUR DOORS AFTREWARDS!!BEWARE OF THE OWNERS WIFE SPYING THROUGH THE PATIO DOORS !!!TRYING TO SEE YOU EATING FOOD OR MOVING THE BROLLY,THEY ALSO LOCK THE GATES EARLY!!!AND TRY ASKING FOR A PILLLOW OR EXTRA BLANKET!!THEY DENIED A VERY ILL OLD MAN ONE!!!
AND DONT LEAVE UR LIGHT ON ,THEY SHALL BE DOWN ON YOU LIKE THE GESTAPO!!!I WOULD BE GRATEFUL TO HERA OF ANYONE WHO HAS RECENTLY STAYED THERE....
HANIOTI ITSELF IS A LOVELY LITTLE QUIET PLACE,DUE TO THE RUDE AND SELFISH FAMILY WERE I STAYED I SHALL NOT BE RETURNING!!!!!
CHEAPEST FOOD /BEER (KOSTAS FASTFOOD )THREE DOORS AWAY FROM CAFE BLUE BAR IN THE SQUARE(BEER 90 CENTS )LIVELIEST BAR CAFE BLUE (ALL DOORS CLOSED AT 12.30 IN BARS) ,THIS IS GOOD AND BAD.NEAREST NITE CLUB 30 MIN TAXI RIDE,THIS IS AN ALL GREEK VENUE!!!10 EUROS MAX IN A TAXI ,YOU SHOULD ALSO HIRE A MOPED.
valerie/malcolm
June 10, 2003 01:57AM
hi Adam,

myself and partner are going on the 18th too,

we fly from gatwick,

staying at the sarantis apart hotel,

cant give you any advice as to what the place is like as this is our 1st time,

send email if you would like to meet when out there,

regards valerie and malcolm.
jim
June 12, 2003 04:25PM
we have just returned from a weeks holiday at the sarantis apts
in hanioti and i must say we couldnt fault any part of the holiday
the weather was hot it got even hotter by the end of the week
we were there plenty of tavernas try central cafe very friendly
we ate at the garden taverna very nice and if you like 70s music
have a few drinks billys bar the owners of the sarantis do tend
to keep their eyes on you at times but i think that because they
probably have had noisy teenagers their in the past who tend to break the rules keep your eye the girl with glasses not sure if shes part of the
family or just works there shes got a thing about tidying the chairs n tables
and collecting bottles and glasses but overall a great place to stay
Kathy Galley
June 30, 2003 03:54PM
Can anyone tell me if there are any cats at the apartments as I'd like to book but have a cat phobia
Bob Hump
June 30, 2003 04:26PM
I believe Greece culls cats at source.
JOAN
August 24, 2003 09:05PM
you don't know how relieved i was to find this page i have just come off the holidays uncovered website and nobody as a good word to say about this place .I was going to cancel after what i had read but you people have changed my mind so a big thank you from me.My husband and i are just 50 and it seems like the ideal place for us not-so-oldies any more information will be gratefully received especially the weekly rate for air con and safe as it says on other website it is extortionate.
thanks again
JOAN
Dot & mick Taylor
December 14, 2003 02:53PM
Zoe And Sarantis are a lovely couple, the apartments are ideal for couples.
Having visited on three years on the trot we loved the area and the people
are so friendly. Anyone visiting please say hi from mick and dot from
England.
Kerry and Sue
January 07, 2004 11:40PM
We are an oldish couple (59 &51). we went to Hanioti last year and really enjoyed it. Loved the beach, did some paragliding and jet skiing, went on some trips with Thompsons which we enjoyed, stayed at the Hotel Lakis (August 2003), nice hotel but near a main road, so noisy.
This year we are goin to the Sarantis August 11 - 25, and bringing our 16 year old daughter and her friend. Feel free to e-mail us for more info or to meet up in August.
Kerry and Sue
Sheila Woodruff
January 08, 2004 08:50AM
where abouts is the Sarantis in Hanioti please - ive seen the name but cant picture it.
Amanda
January 14, 2004 02:33PM
Sarantis is just off the main road Sheila before you come to the KAOil Garage! Big creamy yellow building on the left as you come into the village.
dave and claire
February 21, 2004 01:23AM
me and my girlfriend went to sarantis last year, there was some things bout the place that were a little disapointing such as not bein able to take ur own bottles of water to the pool. They are actually quite moody and i must admit i did feel like givin their son a bit of a slap, but if ur looking for a simple place to go to at the end of a nice day then i suppose this is nice. the beach is lovely and everything u need is local. one thing i waas gratfull for was the distance of the pharmacie and doctors( unfortunatly had to make a visit there due to girfriends sunstroke. its hot !!!!!) the pool is nice and makes a change from going to the beach. the rooms are basic but nice i would deffinatly reccomend paying the extra for air conditioning. i would say go to sarantis it is nice and situated in a very good location. take the family with a pinch of salt a laugh at their pettiness as every1 else does and enjoy a lovely holiday.
tracy
February 25, 2004 11:38AM
myself, siter and a friend with six children visited the sarantis appartments in august 2003. what an absolute disaster, from the minute we got there the owners were on our case, when we asked for water on our arrival at 3am we were told unless we had the right money then we couldnt have it, we eventually were gave it and paid later that day, as we had no change. i would never go this place again, the owners are rude, inconsiderate and quit oppressive, we are now in the process of sueing airtours as we were eviceted from these appartments in the evening with six children for having a pkt of crisp and a quassant by the pool.

BEWARE DONOT GO THERE THEY WILL DESTROY YOUR HOLIDAY
Damian
May 10, 2004 12:52PM
I'm quite surprised to read some of the responses on here about the Sarantis apartments.

From my experience the family were all great people and we had a great time. Some of the other couples we met were going back the following year and there were one or two other couples there (of assorted ages) that didn't go anywhere else once they had been to these apartments.

I still get text messages from Georgia (the daughter), me and some of the other lads went out with Angelo for one of the evenings, he took us out in his car and we all went go - karting (not at the little track at the top of the road). Both Angelo and Georgia sorted us out with various boat trips and that kind of thing on our stay with them and we all found the whole family to be extremely hospitable.

They were quite harsh on people who had their own food and drink on site, but this is no different from any other Greek place that I have been (about 6 different resorts now). You've got to remember that this is their hotel and they treat it like their home, the only people that we saw getting into any problems with the family were those that were disrespectful in some way.They do have a slightly different sense of humour and culture to the English but they have their rules like any other place you'll stay at, if you stick to them and make an effort with the family then I can assure you any holiday to the Sarantis apartments will be a memorable one.

Each to their own I guess, some will enjoy and some won't.....
steve
May 18, 2004 09:22PM
has sarantis got a e mail adress
joan
May 19, 2004 10:16PM
the one i have for it is
www.sarantishotel.gr
it works for me but some people can not get past the opening graphics
good luck
joan
August 04, 2009 02:20PM
could someone give me some advice on this hotel as i fly on thursday
August 04, 2009 02:50PM
Hi Milly

I wouldn't worry or pay too much attention to all the reviews & comments, go with an open mind and form your own opinion. Sometimes it is good to get an idea of where you are going but reading too much can be destructive. Everyone is different and likes different things, you don't want to arrive with a negative opinion of the place cos you will find yourself looking for faults.

Yes, the Greeks are different to us and sometimes they can come across as rude & bossy, this is partly a cultural thing & partly 'lost in translation'. They often say 'of course' which to us Brits sounds a bit rude and patronising, but they use the word a lot in Greek and it is meant more in the context of 'sure'. You also have to remember that most hotels and apartments in Greece are family run rather than big chain hotels with staff, so they are more protective of their environment and usually live there themselves, plus they are trying to make money as it is their livelihood, hence the common ban on eating & drinking your own stuff round the pool etc.

Hanioti is a lovely village, it will be very hot & busy at this time of year. You are 5 mins walk from just about everything and I think you will have a great time, I always think holidays are what you make them....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login