Weather forecast.

Weather forecast.

Posted by Otis 
Weather forecast.
June 04, 2007 09:31AM
Have been keeping my eye on ther Accuweather.com 15 day forecast and it was all good news 14/15/16/17 June were gonna be very hot with highs of up to 37 degrees, that was until today, it now says to expect a bit of sun a bit of cloud and possible t.storms. Lets hope it changes back before i head out on Thursday!
Re: Weather forecast.
June 04, 2007 10:53AM
On the following page you wil find the real current weather conditions in Halkidiki.
www.halkidiki.com/english/weather_e.htm

We have set up a weather station in Sithonia and we get the weather data every two hours.
We can not have a 5 day or 15 day forecast, but we can have weather tendency. You need to have a network of weather stations in order to have a weather forecast.
Usually weather data that you can find on the Internet are from places where there are airports. The closest to Halkidiki airport is in Thessaloniki.
Up to 5 days forecasts are mostly accurate.
Longer than 5 days forecasts, simply don't count on them.

------------
Nikos
Forum Admin
nikos at halkidiki.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2007 10:54AM by Nikos.
June 08, 2007 11:00AM
I head out on the 18th June for two weeks - fingers crossed the weathers gorgeous!!!!!!!! :'( - whats the weather normally like around that time of month? xx
June 08, 2007 12:18PM
Sunshine and hot!!!

------------
Nikos
Forum Admin
nikos at halkidiki.com
June 08, 2007 01:30PM
Yey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yawning smiley) x

June 08, 2007 01:34PM
Hmmm, thats not the face i wanted... more like this one - smiling smiley
June 11, 2007 12:28PM
We are also going out on the 18th! Where are ya flying from? Im really excited!! We are going out for a month my mum has an apartment out there! I hope its gunna be really hot i love it hehe.
June 11, 2007 03:23PM
Cool!! Im flying from manchester! where r u flying from? S I X days to go!!! hehe!!!! xx
June 15, 2007 09:38PM
We are also flying from manc to heatrow then to tessalonika. Who you flying with and what times your flight?
June 16, 2007 09:55AM
Your flying from Manchester to heathrow then to tessalonika, whys that? My flights at 25past 10, what about yours? Not long ay Anne!!!! hehe!!! xxx
June 16, 2007 05:24PM
i didnt mean heatrow i meant gatwick. and its cheaper to do it this way. smiling smiley
June 20, 2007 06:57PM
yassass, the weather is suberb in june and july, its hot and humid and very little rain but when the heavens open it really chucks it down
June 21, 2007 09:21PM
Just got back today after 2 weeks, had as great time but got bit to death by the mozzies, we were told there were more than usual around this year due to the heavy rains of only 3 weeks ago and because of the trees that were lost in the fire last year bringing the mozzies down into the village, still the weather we had for the whole fortnight was fantastic with yesterday being the hottest day at around 40/41 degrees and even as we departed today it was heating up very nicely.
July 03, 2007 11:00AM
I just came back yesterday, weather was soooooooooooooooooooooooo bliming HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT lol, but yet still was lovely, we did have a very VERY bad storm outthere for half a day then sun was back out lol, worst in 10years the locals were saying!! Ur right, them bliming mozzies, buggers they are, we got bitten to shreds!!!!!!!!!!!!!! had a whole chemist in our hotel room for them, didnt do much work. We resorted to having early nites, as we found that we was getting bitten when out late having a drink..!!! back to work tomorrow sad smiley,
July 03, 2007 11:09AM
40 degrees!!! Flippin heck, I'm due out in 2 weeks and I'm not sure I can handle that heat! How did you cope? Did you get through a lot of sun tan lotion
July 03, 2007 01:23PM
I am going out on the 9th of Aug.....is it normally even hotter in August?
Gareth Mason
June 24, 2009 01:17PM
Hi there,

I am going to Halkidiki on the 29th June 2009 till 9th July and i am really worried about the weather, can you tell me what i should expect and if things look up for the weather to improve.

Thanks
Gareth
June 24, 2009 05:54PM
try www.meteo.gr. These is also an English tab to click, but that is not so long term. OK so it does look a bit bad at the moment, but it rarely is that bad ALL day. Sometimes the forecast rain comes in the night or early morning and it is clear by lunch. I really would not worry that much.

We have never had really continual bad weather, and last year we arrived in March and left in Oct. We had a bad week in late September, but other than that it was fine and most of June-August it was extremely hot. A little rain now and then at night and a few clouds about now and then.

Don't worry, just enjoy yourself.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login