"Greek Night" near Afitos?!

Posted by verno 
April 28, 2009 01:30PM
Hello all,

We're returning to Afitos in July - after last year's wonderful stay, there was no choicesmiling smiley

One thing we didn't see there was a Greek Night, complete with plate-smashing etc. To be honest, I was quite glad, but I think my 5 year old would love it this year!

Any suggestions gratefully appreciated. I was thinking of the Kallithea/Kriopigi area, as we won't be driving.

Thanks to all for a great forum and site

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/04/2009 01:31PM by verno.
Re: "Greek Night" near Afitos?!
April 28, 2009 01:34PM
Hi, there is a Greek Night with plate smashing etc at the Acropolis in Kriopigi every week. Not sure of day, but someone is bound to know and post that for you. Jane
April 28, 2009 02:25PM
Jane is right a great evening it is on saturday night and the owner Sakis is a superb host, when are you going to afitos in july and where are you staying? get a bus to kriopigi and a taxi home that is what we do

phil
April 28, 2009 05:46PM
Thanks Phil and Jane, sounds just the job. My boy will love it (and Dad will probably manage a plate or 12...smiling smiley )

We arrive in Afitos on June 27th (did I say July?? Wrong..), staying for 2 weeks at the Achtis again. We don't normally do repeat visits, but we all fell in love with both village and hotel last year.

Edit - found out more about the Acropolis and Sakis from this site and a quick google, sounds wonderful and am looking forward to it! No way will anyone get me dancing thoughwinking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 29/04/2009 08:04AM by verno.
April 29, 2009 05:41AM
Hi - we too are staying at the Achtis but only for 1 week starting the 29th June this follows a weeks cruise cruising the Greek islands to celebrate our Silver Wedding ( a little early but so what!!) It had to be Greece. We have done Halkidiki before but stayed in Polychrono which we did not particularly like-however I am excited by the reports I am hearing about Afitos and the Achtis so finger crossed. Any info/help would be most appreciated. Many thanks Alan & Sally
April 29, 2009 07:24AM
Hi Alan and Sally,
Can't add much more to steph's great review on your thread from September here, she describes the Achtis perfectly. Magda and Achilles are two of the nicest people you could meet, and are justifiably proud of the hotel. Gardens normally pass me by, but the ones there are stunning. All the staff were great too.

About kids - we were there last year from about June 30th, and there were maybe 6 or 7 kids during the whole stay, including my two. Unlike the UK, the kids here in Norway have already begun their school holidays, but the tour operator here is a very small company (last year we booked direct). It was still peaceful though!

Congrats on the wedding anniversary - I'll buy you a cocktail eachsmileys with beer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login