Which Resort???

Which Resort???

Posted by Miss Sunshine 
Which Resort???
February 18, 2009 09:43AM
Hello

Which resort out of Hanioti, Kalithea, Polichrono, Kriopigi and Pefkohori, has the most to do, a large selection of bars and restaurants & shops, nicest beaches and most suitable for a couple aged 22??

Thanks!
Carolinus
Re: Which Resort???
February 18, 2009 02:31PM
I would say Hanioti - all the resorts are nice and have their own selling points, but Hanioti is probably better for you being a young couple.

Kallithea is more of a town than a holiday resort, and is split into 2 parts - the main town has a lovely sandy beach which is down a very steep hill, lots of shops and some nice bars & restaurants. About 5 mins down the road is the other part of Kallithea with the Athos & Pallini Hotels and a strip of bars & nightclubs. The clubs attract a lot of the Greeks coming down from Thessaloniki at the weekends but can be quite quiet during the week.

Kriopigi is probably my least favourite resort, I don't know it very well but not a lot there from what I do know.

Pefkohori and Polichrono have a similar layout with a lovely beach promenade with lots of shops, bars & tavernas. Pefkohori is much busier than Polichrono, and my personal favourite (just bought a holiday home there) but can be a bit 'Greek' for some people. There are not many English tourists there and a lot of the bars are very Greek orientated, which I personally like, but can be a bit intimidating if you are not used to it.

All the villages are in a line down the peninsula and it is about 5 mins drive from one to the next. I reckon you would be best off basing yourself in Hanioti and using taxis to explore the other villages. They run in this order (when driving down the peninsula from the airport): Kallithea, Kriopigi, Polichrono, Hanioti, Pefkohori...
February 18, 2009 04:10PM
Thanks for the info Carolinus, very useful indeed. I think we're going to go for Hanioti, found a lovely hotel to stay there and it sounds fab!

Thanks again! smileys with beer
Carolinus
February 18, 2009 04:23PM
No problem - glad to be of help.

Which hotel are you looking at?
February 18, 2009 04:30PM
The Hilltop Hotel, do you know it?
Carolinus
February 18, 2009 04:35PM
Oh yes, I saw your other posts asking about that hotel.

I don't know it, only it's location, like the other person described.

It is a bit out of the village but supposed to be a very nice hotel. Have a look at the reviews on Trip Advisor - it's number 1 in Hanioti on that website:

[www.tripadvisor.co.uk]

There are hotels nearer to the centre but I couldn't tell you anything about them as I am a Pefkohorian! TA is very useful though with the reviews and the forums...
ian
February 19, 2009 10:28AM
hi about the hill top is out of the village of hanioti. as you come to hanioti on the main road you turn up the hill to the hill top as i can remember it used to be a thompson holidays place our friends stayed there and they said it was a nice place you have a bit of a walk to hanioti but the views you have are very nice i hope i have help you a bit enjoy your hoilday
February 19, 2009 11:07AM
Thanks Carolinus & Ian.

We like to stay somewhere that's not right in the centre of the resort as it can sometimes be a bit noisy and busy - we like peace while round the pool!

We're going to book this weekend, can't wait to go!! drinking smiley
February 22, 2009 09:27AM
hiya..itz our first visit to poclichrono we r staying at the halkidiki palace 31 aug - 14th sept.....wotz it like?? location from beach ??? cheers
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login