Hanioti

Hanioti

Posted by Miss Sunshine 
Hanioti
February 16, 2009 04:05PM
My boyfriend and I are thinking about visiting Hanioti as our summer holiday this year in July. I've been reading up about it and it sounds really nice, with plenty of restaurants and bars and a lovely beach, but in some reviews people have said that the resort is more for families and older couples. We are both 22 so I was wondering if you think we'd enjoy Hanioti?

Thanks!
nix
Re: Hanioti
February 16, 2009 04:36PM
Hi i am also 22 and although i went with my parents in september we had a brilliant time livelyness wise and there are many nice bars that will be much busier during this time, its the first time we have ever booked to return somewhere and i would def go with my boyfriend, its no ibiza but i think its a great place to go.
x
February 16, 2009 10:02PM
Hi miss sunshine,
We have stayed in Hanioti many times as a family with young kids, most of the holiday makers seem to be families or couples to be honest. I think this is mainly because its a place where you go to chill out and relax rather than drink yourself silly and spend all night clubbing.(not that im saying all young ones do!) Therefore a lot of youngsters dont really think about going to Halkidiki.There is not many clubs in the area its mainly restaurants and bars. You can have a good night out in the bars and the locals are friendly.
I'd go whether no matter how old I was.
February 17, 2009 09:16AM
Ok thanks, I think we might give it a try then!

The only thing we were a little worried about though is the weather. I know we wouldn't be going until July but I just had a quick look what the temperature is like there now compared with Greek Islands where we usually go on holiday. It's 7 degrees in Halkidiki and 17 degrees in places such as Crete! confused smiley
February 17, 2009 05:38PM
Hi Miss Sunshine,

don´t worry about the weather in July winking smiley
in Summer the weather is perfekt and sometimes u wish it would not be as hot as hot smiley it is

Hanioti has allot of bars and if u want to go to a club there is a bus-station in the centre with allot of taxis which can bring u to the Clubs in Kallithea where a area is with at least 6 clubs on one place thumbs up (i prefer the club called "Aqua", but most tourists are next to it in "Bubbles"winking smiley

edit edit edit smiling bouncing smiley i forgot, from Hanioti u can nearly walk to Pefkohori with nice night-life and one club and if u have a rental car u can go to the Beach Bars on the way and at Palouri which are great allso.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 17/02/2009 05:45PM by Alex85.
February 18, 2009 11:28AM
And, thank goodness it is no IBIZA !! Halkidiki is a lovely area and can cater for all sorts of age groups. I think it is good that it has stayed pretty good because you don't get lager louts or large groups of youngsters drinking, mainly because of the set up. There are discos (out of town mainly, on the road into Kallithea) and hotels and clubs have discos, there are also lots of places to eat both local and tourist type and lots of bars, but it is not over the top.

Long may it stay like this. Clubbing if you want it, peace and quiet if you want it. Ideal destination for the lucky people who find it. Shuhhh....... keep it quiet though !!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login