Eating Out In Athitos

Eating Out In Athitos

Posted by verno 
Eating Out In Athitos
June 26, 2008 04:16PM
Hello, I've been lurking here for a while, and found you all friendly and helpful - thanks all, and especially Greg at thetaxi.
We're going to Athitos on Saturday, staying at the Achtis, and looking forward to it immensely.
In spite of mad googling, I haven't managed to find a comprehensive list of dining possibilities - so I'll ask the experts! I guess we'll try everything and everywhere while we're there, but are there any standouts? Mrs. Verno is a seafood lover, any recommendations would be gratefully appreciated.

On a more important note, where would be the best place to watch the Euro2008 final in the villagesmiling smiley?

Thanks again - a great community.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/06/2008 04:16PM by verno.
Re: Eating Out In Athitos
June 26, 2008 06:37PM
Dear Verno,
Have been to Afitos for the last 3 years finding it hard ever to go anywhere else.There are numerous restaurants and have never ever had a bad meal all very Greek as well.Christos and Aris are my preferred but there are so many good ones it is hard to single any out.Some have some fabulous views overlooking the sea.You may find some bars with the football on but i m sure the Achtis will be showing it.Please dont spread the word too much about Afitos when you come home.It is a fantastic place .Have a good time.
June 27, 2008 11:24AM
Many thanks Duncan.
June 27, 2008 01:04PM
Hi, also try Gastronomia. There's also a place with orange table cloths (sorry don't know what it's called), which is on the 'balcony' overlooking the beaches, where I've always had a nice meal - good views too. Christos is always good and they are very friendly. There is also a very quiet place called 'Piementos', or something like that, in one of the side streets. Hardly ever anyone there, but the souvlaki is the best in the village in my opinion.

Enjoy your holiday.
June 30, 2008 12:46PM
To Steki is a superb restaurant too, we ate there a couple of times and it was always fantastically fresh food. Athitos was our favourite place in Kassandra, very nice atmosphere and great for a wander around after dinner. Enjoy yourselves!
July 09, 2008 02:17PM
Hi Matthew

Where is the piementos you talk about is that one on the 2 restaurants near the bakers and hairdressers.

Phil
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login