Chrousso Village, Paliouri

Posted by Gill 
Gill
May 01, 2002 08:54PM
Hello!
I'm looking for people that have stayed at these apartments, preferably during peak time. My husband and I will be taking our teenage son to this resort during August, and we were wondering whether there will be many teens at the resort. Also are there many day time activities?
I'm looking forward to hearing your opinions.
Gill
Re: Chrousso Village, Paliouri
May 01, 2002 09:17PM
By the way my son is 15!
Sue Kemp
May 04, 2002 08:22AM
Gill,
Haven't yet been, but so far the majority of the infomation I have found is favourable and I did find a link to the hotel itself (www.travel-greece.com/macedon/halkidiki/chrous). We are going with Eclipse (First Choice) in August and went with them last year and they were excellent but my children are younger so they enjoyed the kids club - the do run a club for teenagers in the height of the season but I do not know if it is available here - might be worth checking. Could be worth contacting hotel direct for more info.

If you do pick up any useful information please could you pass it on. Incidentally, I currently seeking informaltion on local car hire.

Happy hunting. Maybe see you there
Ross Talling
May 26, 2002 05:52PM
Gill

We have been there and it is fantastic Chrousso is one of the best resorts in the region.

We are going back this year (end of august).

The beach also has to be the best in the region and there was a boat trip we took on a wednesday that went across to the 'middle finger' great laugh and not to be missed!!! It took of from Pefkahouri and docked back at Palouri beach.

If night life is wanted then a taxi to Pefkahouri or Hanioti is a must, we enjoyed the occasional visit but on the whole enjoyed the the relaxed and stunning setting of the pool bar!!!!

If anyone has any questions you are welcome to ask!

By the way to Sue Kemp car hire is easy and plentifull and can be organised through reception, scooters are good fun and not a problem!!!
Lisa
May 30, 2002 08:24PM
Ross,
So relieved to read your message about Chrousso Village ! We are going 20/6/02 for 2 weeks and cannot wait, the only thing I am worried about is we are going self catering and I've read previous messages saying shop on site is very expensive. Is it far to walk into Paliouri to get provisions or do the mini buses run regularly enough to be reliable ? Also what time is the last bus as I'm worried we won't be able to stagger back in the evening to our room after "afew" bevvies ?
Anybody else going out there at the same time ? I'll be there with my husband Joe and our daughters Jessie(11) and Kate(9) ?
Sue Kemp
June 22, 2002 05:05PM
Ross,

Thanks a lot for the advice about car hire. Have been in touch with Chrousso Village direct and they have already arranged car hire for me - and at competitive rates.

Glad to hear we are going to one of the best resorts with the best beach. Am really looking forward to going on 8 August.

Regards

Sue Kemp.
Ross Talling
June 23, 2002 10:36AM
Jill

Sorry have'nt replied sooner.

The site supermarket did not seem to us to be expensive but you won't be doing much cooking, as probably the only bad thing about the apartments are the poor cooking facilities, the supermarket is only small anyway and does not stock much!!!

A taxi into the next town is pretty inexpensive really and runs pretty well late into the night (too far to walk really!!).

It's all down to taste but we thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait to return.

I don't know if it's a regular thing but we will find out this year but take something for bee stings, one of ours only got stung once but there were quite a few around at mealtimes.

Have a nice time!!!
Gill
June 28, 2002 06:22PM
Hi Gill,

we have not long returned from there (went end of May 2002) and the apartments are really nice and very spacious. You do need a hire car though as there isn't much nearby, although there is a bus service but only leaves from the village at 10 am and returns at 2pm most days.

We loved the complex but there are two swimming pools (one at the back of the complex and one by the restaurant) but as they are quite small in relation to the amount of apartments, they got extremely busy even in May so we found that the nearby beach was better (about a 10 min walk).
Hope you have a good holiday.

Gazzard family.
Gill Pearce
June 29, 2002 08:30PM
Dear Gill,

We went to the Chrousso Village at the beginning of June, and really enjoyed it. The Apartments are very spacious, but the self catering facilities are not good so if you are going half board it would be a bonus.
There is a basketball court and volleyball net so a ball will be handy.
The pools are good, we didn't find them to busy, but you need to be up pretty early to get a sunbed!

Paliouri isn't very big but does have a decent supermarket which is bigger and cheaper than the one by the resort. We did walk to paliouri but it took us a good half to three quaters of an hour.
Most evenings we went to pefkhouri for a main meal, which by taxi cost
6 euros each way, beautiful sunsets. Also good for doing shopping.
Hanioti is also very nice.
The beach is clean, quiet, spacious, and the water is clear and shallow, with a number of different water sports, about 10 min. walk from resort.
There are dogs, but harmless.
In all me and my husband had a very relaxing holiday, and the kids 11 and 6 had plenty to do.
Hope you have a good time.

Regards, Gill
Gill (who began the thread)
July 03, 2002 05:04PM
Thankyou everyone for all of your advice which i have found very useful. I began the thread a while back but didnt have many replies and so was surprised by the current response, obviously it is a very popular resort. It's nice to hear positive comments, and i will take into account the advice which has been provided by all of you. Thanks again, and if anyone is going away again this summer or is on their way to the same resort have a wonderful hoiliday, it sounds like i will! I may see you there Sue!

Regards, Gill (there are so many Gill's!)
Mark Hudson
July 07, 2002 12:44PM
Dear Gill,

Me and my family have just returned from Chrousso Village in the last two days and I saw your original message at the beginning of this chain. I felt that I had to reply to you.

We found it awfully expensive!!!! Yes, the taxis are only 6 euros each way to Pefkohori, however on top of your meals and drinks etc, it can work out expensive. We spent over £100 in two weeks on taxis. Chrousso Village is lovely but VERY secluded. Everyone who was there when we were there, tended, in the second week especially, to bring their own drinks back to the apartments as it takes about a week to get used to the euro and exactly how much things cost. The pool bar is very expensive (approx. £6 for two cokes, a large beer and a small beer). On the whole the pool bar was usually quite empty once people realised how much the drinks were. First Choice have been in talks with the hotel about lowering the prices, however nothing has yet been agreed.

A word of advice about the beach! Make sure that you use the sunbeds in front of the Chrousso beach bar as these are free. Don't get caught out, as we did in the first week, by the Greeks charging 7 euros for two sunbeds and an umbrella on their part of the beach and DON'T use the greeks beach bar as it is a rip off.

I do seem to be highlighting the complaints, but Chrousso Village and it's staff on the whole are great.

Do get involved with the organised activities (water polo/volleyball) and make sure that you get on the blue team with Shaun as they always seem to win, don't leave it until your second week as it is great fun.

There do not seem to be many teenagers there and I don't think that there is a club for them either as it was not mentioned when we were there. It is not really a place for teenagers, you may be best travelling to one of the towns to find something to occupy a teenager.

Paliouri, although only 1.7 kms away, is approximately one hours walk away uphill. We walked one afternoon about 4 pm and it is a killer. It is typical greek and a lovely little village. They hold their own Greek night on a Monday in the main square.

Supermarkets in Pefkohori are a lot cheaper than the mini-market on site and I would suggest that you buy anything you need from there.

On the whole, we enjoyed our holiday but it would not be somewhere we would go again. If we could move Chrousso Village closer to Pefkohori it would be ideal as the complex itself is fantastic, clean and well looked after, with fantastic staff.

If anyone wants any more information, let me know.

Mark, Kate, Abigail (11) and Francesca (11)
Rachel
July 07, 2002 08:48PM
Read with interest all your info. Staying in Hanioti but nice to know about other areas. How hot was it when you left a couple of days ago? We're going on 10th July - not long now!! Did you visit Hanioti?
emma
September 02, 2004 03:18PM
just booked to go to chrousso, never been to greece before.
I have a 6 yr old and a 4 yr old.
we are going all inclusive.
Is the food/ entertainment/ location/ beaches good or not?
How much is car higher?
what is the temp like in june?
any information gratefully recieved.X

emma
Sara
February 14, 2005 08:09PM
Hi Emma,

I know it's a while since you have been to chrousso village, but just wondered what you thought, we are two families going 9th June for two weeks, have three children between us who are 7 and 8. We'd be grateful for any info or tips, we were also wondering if the chrousso beach bar was included in the all inclusive.

If anyone else sees this please feel free to put in your two penneth!!!

Thanks
tina
April 04, 2005 12:10PM
Hi sara,

we were in chrousso village sept 2004-oct 2004.

There was nine of us that went myself my husband and 3 chrildren aged 3,8,10
also my friend her husband and 2 children aged 4 & 9.

well what can i say, we had a fantastic holiday, none of my chrildren wanted to come home , the kids clubs were fantastic and they done so much with them,i don't really like kids clubs but my children begged to go, just beware put them in old clothes as the paint doesn't come out.

The beach was beauitiful great for snorkelling, loads of water sports, the walk isn't too bad to the beach take no notice of these people that say it takes ages, it took about 8 mins specially on the way down and it's a lovely walk through the woods. before you know it you are there.But you can get your water from the hotel and take it to the beach with you,you don't have to buy it from the shop the bar on the complex supplies most things.

There isn't a bar on the beach as such just a snack bar but it is very cheap and sells hot dogs, burgers, alcohol most drinks and ice cream.we ended up taking a picnic down the beach even though we were all inclusive, we had beach days when we didn't walk back to the hotel for lunch.

The apartements were basic but great for us just what we needed, no complaints very clean, the cleaners even washed my cups you don't get that every where do you.

The food was lovely no complaints their either,just a little niggle they could have done a little more for the kids the variety for them was not what they wanted, but if your kids are like mine they were happy with the snack bar and cheese toasties. the restaurant manager looks like he's staring at you but i don't think he means anything by it , i just think he wants to know every 1 is enjoying their food and their holiday he is actually quiet nice when you talk to him , but he does like people to be dressed nicely for dinner, you will see he always has shirt and trousers on.

Everything is included in your holiday apart from names spirits like jack daniels, bells ,schnapps,and they are quiet expensive to buy from the bar.but all you have to do is have the cocktail of the day and you will have a merry time. The children loved the chocolate thick shake, but be carefull the strawberry 1 is not free.

The shop is basic but for what you will need they will have it's not really expensive like i heard people say, i think they must shop at pound land and no where else.

The entertainment is pretty much as you would expect they have super delux bingo , quiz nights, but we seemed to come back down from the entertainment arena and stay at the bar, we met so many lovely people we used to have our own party's and make illious the barman who by the way is a lovely chap and works so hard, turn up the music and have a good dance in the bar no flashing lights but heh a few of his cocktails you are away with the fairies, If tom the entertainment guy is their he is austrian what a laugh we made him do us a karaoke night, i don't think he knew what hit him when we arrived.

the excursion i think is well worth the money and what a laugh is the pirate ship we had a fantastic day,but take drinks with you as when we got to the island the bar ran out we did take a few bottles, it is great on the way back as every 1 is well merry and had a big sing along with the reps-what a laugh,

oh almost forgot to hire a car is about £50.00 per day not cheap but well worth it, the mini bus there is always well booked by the germans so if you want to go on it any where book when you get there the time table is in the reception. oh yeah there are a lot of germans at the hotel we were told there always is but they do what they want going off hiking all day wow not for me but they were o.k but the hotel manager does love them, not sure whether it will be the same now as when we went last year you could go self catering or all inclusive.

The taxi's are cheap to pefkori and hanioti but hanioti is better lot more to do there.loads of jewellery shops and restaurants, it was about 8 eur's to go to pefkori and 10 euros to go to hanioti.but every where you go the best beach is at chrousso village. we hired a car a few times and no where was as nice as where we were staying, all the locals come to chrousso at the weekend.also if you travel a bit further you can go space bowling that was a brilliant day , but we did go when it was over cast, as it was sept when we went, but still very hot for 13 days, the weather will be in the 80's in june so lots of suntan lotion

hope i have helped , highly recommend this hotel such a beautiful place, oh alsmost forgot you are the last drop off on the coach and it does take a long 2hours 20 mins to get to the hotel but well worth it. would definately go back but we like to try somewhere different each year.
tina
April 04, 2005 12:10PM
Hi sara,

we were in chrousso village sept 2004-oct 2004.

There was nine of us that went myself my husband and 3 chrildren aged 3,8,10
also my friend her husband and 2 children aged 4 & 9.

well what can i say, we had a fantastic holiday, none of my chrildren wanted to come home , the kids clubs were fantastic and they done so much with them,i don't really like kids clubs but my children begged to go, just beware put them in old clothes as the paint doesn't come out.

The beach was beauitiful great for snorkelling, loads of water sports, the walk isn't too bad to the beach take no notice of these people that say it takes ages, it took about 8 mins specially on the way down and it's a lovely walk through the woods. before you know it you are there.But you can get your water from the hotel and take it to the beach with you,you don't have to buy it from the shop the bar on the complex supplies most things.

There isn't a bar on the beach as such just a snack bar but it is very cheap and sells hot dogs, burgers, alcohol most drinks and ice cream.we ended up taking a picnic down the beach even though we were all inclusive, we had beach days when we didn't walk back to the hotel for lunch.

The apartements were basic but great for us just what we needed, no complaints very clean, the cleaners even washed my cups you don't get that every where do you.

The food was lovely no complaints their either,just a little niggle they could have done a little more for the kids the variety for them was not what they wanted, but if your kids are like mine they were happy with the snack bar and cheese toasties. the restaurant manager looks like he's staring at you but i don't think he means anything by it , i just think he wants to know every 1 is enjoying their food and their holiday he is actually quiet nice when you talk to him , but he does like people to be dressed nicely for dinner, you will see he always has shirt and trousers on.

Everything is included in your holiday apart from names spirits like jack daniels, bells ,schnapps,and they are quiet expensive to buy from the bar.but all you have to do is have the cocktail of the day and you will have a merry time. The children loved the chocolate thick shake, but be carefull the strawberry 1 is not free.

The shop is basic but for what you will need they will have it's not really expensive like i heard people say, i think they must shop at pound land and no where else.

The entertainment is pretty much as you would expect they have super delux bingo , quiz nights, but we seemed to come back down from the entertainment arena and stay at the bar, we met so many lovely people we used to have our own party's and make illious the barman who by the way is a lovely chap and works so hard, turn up the music and have a good dance in the bar no flashing lights but heh a few of his cocktails you are away with the fairies, If tom the entertainment guy is their he is austrian what a laugh we made him do us a karaoke night, i don't think he knew what hit him when we arrived.

the excursion i think is well worth the money and what a laugh is the pirate ship we had a fantastic day,but take drinks with you as when we got to the island the bar ran out we did take a few bottles, it is great on the way back as every 1 is well merry and had a big sing along with the reps-what a laugh,

oh almost forgot to hire a car is about £50.00 per day not cheap but well worth it, the mini bus there is always well booked by the germans so if you want to go on it any where book when you get there the time table is in the reception. oh yeah there are a lot of germans at the hotel we were told there always is but they do what they want going off hiking all day wow not for me but they were o.k but the hotel manager does love them, not sure whether it will be the same now as when we went last year you could go self catering or all inclusive.

The taxi's are cheap to pefkori and hanioti but hanioti is better lot more to do there.loads of jewellery shops and restaurants, it was about 8 eur's to go to pefkori and 10 euros to go to hanioti.but every where you go the best beach is at chrousso village. we hired a car a few times and no where was as nice as where we were staying, all the locals come to chrousso at the weekend.also if you travel a bit further you can go space bowling that was a brilliant day , but we did go when it was over cast, as it was sept when we went, but still very hot for 13 days, the weather will be in the 80's in june so lots of suntan lotion

hope i have helped , highly recommend this hotel such a beautiful place, oh alsmost forgot you are the last drop off on the coach and it does take a long 2hours 20 mins to get to the hotel but well worth it. would definately go back but we like to try somewhere different each year.
Karen
April 26, 2005 10:25PM
Hi there,

im just surfing the net as you do when you have just booked a holiday... and stumbled across this site........ We are due to fly out to Thessalonika on 16th June 05 to stay all inclusive at Chrousso Village...

On reading all these postings, it seems that we haven't made a bad choice, however, on ringing first choice I asked them how long the coach transfer was.... and was told 65 mins....... so when im reading "2 hrs 20 mins being the last drop off"... alarm bells are ringing....
We have a 21 month year old and can see this journey being a total nightmare...

Last year we went to Spain and the Hotel overlooked the sea...... and was literally 4 mins walk......... is the walk to the beach that bad?? and how will we get on with a push chair i.e. is there any hills we should be warned about...

Im so needing this break with my family .... hope its going to be worth it..

please reply...

Karen..
Mark
April 30, 2005 08:05AM
Hi Karen,

I have been to Halkidiki many times over the last 22 years and love the place. However I must confirm to you that Chrousso Village is about 2 and a half hours from the airport.

We too are going to the hotel on May 25th - we have never stayed there before but have visited on previous holidays. The beach is stunning and is about 10 mins walk through a lovely shady wood.

Have a great holioday - a shame we couldn't meet as we are coming hoe on June 1st!

Mark.
Neil @Elaine
April 30, 2005 10:06AM
Hi Karen,

It looks as though we may be on the same holiday as yourselves, we are going with two friends and there 3 kids, 4-14. We understand the transfer is quiet long but we have undertaken lots of reaserch into the hotel, resort, food, night life and activities and have been quietly re assured that this was a good choice for all concerned apart from the transfer time, maybe when we are there we may meet and share a beer and chat, have a good holiday.

Neil & Elaine Moore.
Sara
May 02, 2005 08:26PM
Hi everyone,

Just like to say thanks for all your e mails, its been so helpful, the countdown has begun and there is only 38 days to go!!!!!!!
Can't wait now, so....who is going to be out there during 9th-23rd June?

Hopefully we can catch up for a cocktail or two!!!

Hope to see some of you soon

Sara
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login