Posted by chris21 
joanne
Re: hanioti beach
April 20, 2006 12:29PM

Dont worry the sea will be alot warmer there than over here
alex
April 21, 2006 10:08AM
We used to go last week in may and 1st week in June.. Sea was fine, swam in it every day. just don't swim out to far as it you do get some cold channels.

The Sea is amazingly clear though, take a snorkel and goggles you won't be dissapointed, even going just a few feet from the beach there are some small reefs and the fish swim all around you. It's really strange, we'd been out swimming and hadn't noticed them at first but then got some goggles and wow.

We'll be there again this year but 1st 2 weeks in Sept.. gettin hitched this time.
shirley
April 24, 2006 01:24PM
Congratulations, what a beautiful place to get married. Excuse me for being nosey but is the ceremony being held at the town hall? A friend of mine is thinking of doing that....
alex
April 24, 2006 03:38PM
Have a look at the link Wedding in Hanioti started by Vicky.. that's my much better half.. and yes it will be at the town hall. we've just got the details through on the paperwork we have to translated into Greek. and then the paperwork from there that we'll be after getting translated into English.. we're doing it all through First choice.. it seems a little fussy at first but as we're booking for Sept we need to get all the paper work sorted to make sure everything goes off without a hitch.. or should that be with a hitch?????????????
shirley
April 24, 2006 04:23PM
I might come and throw some confetti...what date in September?
alex
Weddin in Hanioti
April 24, 2006 04:37PM
We're lookin at either Friday the 8th or Mon the 11th.. It won't be confirmed until we're in resort as you need to be in Greece 7 days before you can get married there... Feel free to join with us at any time. We'll have some family members with us but not too many.. keeping it quiet and simple.. just like me.. well one outta two isn't bad.
shirley
April 25, 2006 01:01PM
You're very kind but I wouldn't dream of intruding, just wave at you through the crowd.
jany
April 26, 2006 09:55AM
Shirley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just got back from Hanioti. The beach there is
> lovely. If you buy a drink at some of the beach
> bars then you can have a free sun bed all day.
> But if you want it to be more secluded then just
> walk along until you find a bit that suits.
> Where are you staying?

Hello Just go there
aa
April 26, 2006 09:57AM
chris21 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> how is the beach in hanioti? where ist the best
> area?

Superberb beach for youngsters
David
May 08, 2006 10:26AM
Hi!

I am going to Hanioti for two weeks in early June and was just wondering if anybody knows what the temperature is like from early to mid June?!

Thanx!
sal
July 03, 2006 10:12PM
Hi!! can anyone help, we are a very middle aged couple due to stay in hanioti at the tropical in july - august, we are quiet a reseved couple, well he is anyway, could anyone recomend what sights we should go to see, have a limited budget, and does anyone know if I will be able to go night fishing or even just fish at the harbour in there is one or will i need a permit. this is for the femail member of the family not the mail. thanks hope you can help SalXX
Joanna
Re: CLEOPATRA APARTMENTS HANIOTI
July 04, 2006 11:01AM
I have lived in Pefkohori (next village from Hanioti) since i was 3 untill this year. my mother owns a restaurant in Hanioti (Stones) so i have spent alot of time in Hanioti and know my way around. There is NOT bowling alley in hanioti the nearest one is in Kalithea you could easily get the bus from hanioti andthe driver or the conductor would be more than happy to tell you wich stop you need to get off at!
July 04, 2006 01:01PM
Hi - it is posssible to fish off the beach in Hanioti - & off the pier in Pefkahori - the fish are only small so a cheap small telescopic rod is enough for a bit of fun. no permits are required.
trips can be booked via agents in village - cheaper than via reps. check out market in Nea moudania - you can get there on local bus service (you get bus back from same dropoff point) - print timetable off this site homepage and take with you as not always on display at stops. Peninsula is easy to drive around in a few hours so with plenty of stops can be a good day out. Mount athos cruise allows you to see monestries and enjoy scenery - you visit Ouranoplis as well. you can walk from Hanioti to both Pefkahori (30 mins) and the other way to Polychrono 45 -60 mins beware if weather hot -wear hat and take water. You follow nice quiet old beach road that is now surfaced for access to houses tha0 t are being built. On a budget eat full Eng breakfast at Central Cafe on the square (includes orange juice & Tea or coffee) 5.5 euro. Kostas fast food is cheap and good (beer 1 euro large bottle) full plate meals especially chicken souvlaki 5 euro - its judt down from square towards beach.
We are spoiled and stay with Greek friends and homecooked Greek food is obviously much better than Restrants. We have tried mant in Hanioti and most are ok. have a great time Steve & Sherrilyn
Mena
August 15, 2006 10:09AM
We intend to go in Hanioti for 1 week, starting with 1September and we need some recommandation regarding:
- accomodation for 3 persons somewhere on the beach (only sandy beach), a small hotel with large pool
- how to spend the time
- contact details for rezervation or links

Thank you in advance for your precious information

Re: CLEOPATRA APARTMENTS HANIOTI
August 05, 2007 05:40PM
Does anyone have anymore info on these appartments? me and my boyfriend are staying there june next year, have been to Hanioti before and it was great! stayed at the Sarantis summer 2006 these aps were not so great so hoping that cleopatra is a lot better!!

Does anyone have any pictures of the cleopatra?! i can only find the same 3 pics where ever i look on the internet

Many thanks!

Emma.
August 07, 2007 12:15PM
love the beach in Hanioti, fly back out on 10th September back to Angelo, bring it on!!!
Graham.
February 05, 2008 04:40PM
Hi
I will be visiting Hanioti on the 19th of June for a week, I will be on my own ...Wedding Guest!
Has any one got any suggestions regarding accomodation. I tend to go small and friendly on Holiday. Tropical Apartments look OK but may be a bit to far out.
Cheers, G
sian
February 06, 2008 11:23AM
Hi Graham

If you are looking for somewhere small and friendly to stay, i can recommend the Vicky Apartments they are situated a short walk from the main square in a quiet residential area, the apartments are lovely and clean with a nice pool and bar area. You will get the best of welcome from the owners, we have stayed there the last number of years and have also booked to return in august this year.

regards

Sian
February 06, 2008 12:52PM
Graham

Having stayed at the Tropical last year, and gonig again this year and nest, I can recommend it. It is not far out at all, about a couple mins walk to the centre. The apartments are very nice and clean and the pool area is great as well. The owners and staff are all very friendly and will help as much as they can. Can't recommend it enough. I don't usually return to the same place but am now booked for this year and come April when the brochures are out for next year will be doing the same.

Go for the Tropical. Its just across the road from the Vicky.

Have a great time
dogcrazy
February 12, 2008 08:20PM
My husband and I honeymooned in Hanioti and had a fantastic time. We were thinking of going back but neither of us are sure of the hotel's name!! We think it was simply Hotel Hanioti but can anybody help us? From the square you walked directly down to the beach and it was on the left hand side. The hotel and pool were 'on the beach'.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login